Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

The Confessional Booth

Mr. Freeze said:

Not a huge Zappa fan. He seemed like a shallow contrarian in all aspects and his music was too off the wall for my tastes. Go on, grab the pitchfork.

Watching many of his interviews, I couldn't possibly view him as shallow, as he was clearly very aware of what was going on in the world both politically and culturally. Regarding his music, I absolutely adore about 60% of it - Simply can't get enough, but the other slightly smaller half is, just like you said, too off the wall. Everyone has their opinions and I won't pitchfork you for saying so :) Horses for courses and all that good stuff.

Also to go back to what Trace mentioned.. A hit list, fuck that's terrifying. Even after you tried to patch things up, too. What a fucker.

I never gave, and I still don't give, a single shit about Marilyn Manson. He's a smart person, but everything he tries to do Is for shock value In my opinion.

And I still drink chocolate milk, AT THE AGE OF 19, I still drink chocolate milk.

Because It's fucking delicious.

Doomkid said:

When it comes to thrash, I've pretty much always found Megadeth too wanky for me, Metallica to a degree as well, however I do really like some of their songs. Slayer is far, far more in alignment with my tastes than either of the other two.

But which era of Slayer? Fast, brutal, sloppy as shit Slayer? Technically talented but too slow Slayer? Nu-metal Slayer?

Metallica and Megadeth do absolutely nothing for me. Hugely overrated. But I've always been more of a death metal fan rather than a thrash metal fan so that is probably why.

dethtoll said:

But which era of Slayer? Fast, brutal, sloppy as shit Slayer? Technically talented but too slow Slayer? Nu-metal Slayer?

A little of this, a little of that. Each album has at least a handful of good songs, and a handful of forgettable ones too. Off the top of my head, a few favorites are Criminally Insane, Show No Mercy, Raining Blood, Eyes of the Insane, South of Heaven, Behind the Crooked Cross, and plenty of others, so a mix of stuff really. I think Undisputed Attitude does awesome justice to those punk tracks as well.

I confess that i has been years since i haven't listened to Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera(Only Pantera is Pantera with Phil) and many other "well known acts" that i used to.

Maybe it's about time to change that.

I think I've all but abandoned metal. Synthwave seems to be my go-to genre these days; I also very much enjoy 70s funk and the like as well as 90s west coast hip-hop. Listening to metal just grates on me now.

I left it for punk once I realized that for all the talk about musicanship and skill, metal songs are filled with cut-and-pasting, triggered drums, Axe FX IIs, and a belief that technicality > songwriting.

dethtoll said:

I think I've all but abandoned metal. Synthwave seems to be my go-to genre these days; I also very much enjoy 70s funk and the like as well as 90s west coast hip-hop. Listening to metal just grates on me now.

I still listen to the classics, as well as 80s and 90s extreme stuff, but beyond that most metal bores me. Synthwave and funk kick ass! Seems like rock in general has really run out of ideas lately.

GoatLord said:

I still listen to the classics, as well as 80s and 90s extreme stuff, but beyond that most metal bores me. Synthwave and funk kick ass! Seems like rock in general has really run out of ideas lately.

The only rock I ever listen to now Is Pink Floyd, I'd smoke a blunt but damn, Pink Floyd IS my drug.

And about synthwave, would early Nine Inch Nails count? Gotta remember that Pretty Hate Machine that came out In the late 80's.

Doomkid said:

I'd rather a song make jokes about evil greedy fucks and the problems of the world than be angsty and depressive about it, especially since hitting my 20's.

I can't really think of anything outrageous I've done -- except, maybe pooping my pants on the way to the bus stop when i was in the 7th grade, haha. I farted and didn't think anything of it, until I felt something wet hitting my left butt-cheek. I decided to book it on home, and sure enough to my surprise, there was a smudge of warm, chocolate ice cream chilling in my tighty-whities. My ma was pissed because I had to stay home that day, haha

I'm also a huge fan of Insane Clown Posse and Twiztid. It's not like it's a guilty pleasure or anything; I listen to all kinds of music. It may be a surprise to other people, though. :-)

The other morning, I started working on a sewing project in my apartment without getting dressed. I eventually put on a nearby shirt just to use the pockets for my tools.

A few hours later, I left to meet my lady for a lunch date. I threw a jacket over my shirt, and made it to the main lobby in my building before realizing I was still pantsless.

i have like a bajillion different... interests, but i've never had conventional sex. probably has to do with the fact i've never dated, and yet i managed to fall into a stable relationship 5 years ago; it's also how i realized i was gay. he lives in another country, so hooking up is kind of difficult that way. even when he went to stay and study in Sweden last year, it didn't lead to much since he was in a different city that was inconvenient to get to for me. but i guess i'm "technically" not a virgin if we tried it before?

Edited by Viscra Maelstrom

Tritnew said:

I never gave, and I still don't give, a single shit about Marilyn Manson. He's a smart person, but everything he tries to do Is for shock value In my opinion.

I would gladly fight you until the end of the universe on this topic. But I'll keep it simple. There's more to it then just shock.

nxGangrel said:

I would gladly fight you until the end of the universe on this topic. But I'll keep it simple. There's more to it then just shock.

I agree there's more to it than shock...but I can't jam to his music.

GoatLord said:

Fat fetish.

*blushes*

Back to the topic...I was actually on two hit lists that year...the other kid I ridiculed for getting a boner in gym class after he sat down on some girl's lap. He was also a furry...

Also, I have a poopybutt story. I was in my room yanking the yong when my dad yells upstairs, "I need you to run to the store."

I'm so mad that I quickly just throw some pants on and drive to the store. I didn't put any underwear on because I'm a man, dammit. I was too mad for that shit. So I go and grab whatever the hell he needed and make my way to the cashier. While I'm paying her, I coughed...that's when it happened. There was a flurp noise accompanied by a fart. Then a ping pong ball sized piece of shit came out of my asshole and rolled down my leg and landed next to my shoe (thanks to not wearing underwear). At that point I just start running, and I yell at the lady, "KEEP THE CHANGE!"

Yep, pretty embarassed.

TraceOfSpades said:

While I'm paying her, I coughed...that's when it happened. There was a flurp noise accompanied by a fart. Then a ping pong ball sized piece of shit came out of my asshole and rolled down my leg and landed next to my shoe (thanks to not wearing underwear).

Hahahaha! That made me spit out my Shirley Temple. Did you ever return to the store again? If you did, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have recognized you if you showed up about two weeks later.

Also: Real men don't wear underwear, real underwear wear men. *puffs cigarette*

TraceOfSpades said:

I agree there's more to it than shock...but I can't jam to his music.

I do agree, but It annoys me that he's MOSTLY KNOWN for his shock, the music I can't jam to either.

Bump: I have a confession to make - Of all this anime avatar craze, Avoozl is the only person who has one I know anything about.

Well does a confession booth count as a "release inner rage" booth? Cause I'm about to release some pented up rage i held down for a long while. It's about Fire Emblem Fates. And i fucking hate it.

Just… HOW??
My first and only Fire Emblem experience was with Path of Radiance, and that game was VERY EXCELLENT. It had a great, great story of war and desperation. Every character I recruited I had a connection with. Every battle had its own sense of urgency, that anytime a crit can permanently end the life of a character you deem perfect for any situation. The story, the gameplay, the mood and tone, dialogue, IKE! It was just all so great!
I’ve never touched a Fire Emblem game since due to budget constraints, so I followed all others through walkthroughs. And thus leads me to Fate.
HOLY FUCK, what happened?!?
IT’S NO LONGER STRATEGY. Having every fight boiled down to 2v2, where its not how effective your units are, but how fast you can get them to, to… FUCK. There's still strategic planning, but the sense that NO UNIT can do ANYTHING on their own just maddens me.
IT’S NO LONGER STORY. I can’t even pinpoint the story’s importance! (I only seen the Nohr one, not the other one I forgot) Cause the story is backseat for the bad dialogue that takes center stage between you and the unit you want in bed with you!!! I mean SCRUBLORD? SERISOUSLY??? (yes I know of localization debacle that skewed the lines, but the general meaning of the text remains)
IT’S NO LONGER MAKE SENSE WITH UNITS. How the hell they get a CHILD of two units be classified as a LEGITIMATE UNIT is beyond my mental patience. Especially when they look so CHILDISH. I think one even looks like a fucking kid in a halloween costume!!!
IT’S NO LONGER ABOUT CHARACTER IMPORTANCE. Ok, not in the sense of how impressively useful they can be in battle, that remains. But that’s not the focus. THE FOCUS IS WHICH WAIFU YOU WANT TO PORK BY THE END OF THE GAME. Choose your fetish! Maid? FELICIA. Scantity clad woman? CHARLOTTE! Muscle woman? RINKAH! Fanservice? CAMILLA! HELL, YOUR SISTER??? FUCKING SAKURA!!!
That’s what bites me the most. How did it went from Path of Radiance’s rag band of mercenaries joined together for a cause in a desperate time, TO MAIDS, CHILDREN, HALF NAKED WOMEN, in BIKINIS THEY CALL ARMOR, ALL FOR THE CAUSE OF WHAT?!?! The fact that the Japan version had a “petting” mode that you can tend your units like PUPPIES (EVEN A BIG BRUTE TOWER OF A KNIGHT) just shows this isn’t fire emblem. SURE it has the name. But it’s no longer a strategy game; it’s a visual novel with “choose your girl/guy/guy that looks a girl, to pork with” simulator. Holy fuck, I hate this game to death.

I went off my rocker with this hate fest, but it’s just so necessary. BUT DAMN, I feel better about finally saying it somewhere! This confession thread is great!