Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

Finalized Launch Trailer

AirRaid said:

How can you be so wrong when the information is right there?

One disc. ~9GB on a dual layer DVD. Plus 45GB extra, total disc space is 55GB installed.

Also, there will be a steam preload 48 hours before unlock, so you will have 48 hours to DL the files before you can play. Preloads are designed for exactly this reason. More people get to play on time, and the servers are less battered at the time of big releases.

Ooops... I didn't check that link !!

Damn! there's no reason to buy a physical copy then..
Thx man, I was about to internationally ship 8.5GB disc and then forced to download the rest of the game x.x

with a simple calculation, I need a stable 2.7Mbps con running at 100% for 48 hours to download 55GB.. i guess I'm screwed with my unstable 1.5Mbps line "welcome to the third world" :(

Thx bethesda..

MiNaM said:

Ooops... I didn't check that link !!

Damn! there's no reason to buy a physical copy then..
I was about to internationally ship 8.5GB disc and then forced to download the rest of the game x.x

with a simple calculation, I need a stable 2.7Mbps con running at 100% for 48 hours to download 55GB.. i guess I'm screwed with my unstable 1.5Mbps line "welcome to the third world" :(

Thx bethesda..

I was going to get a physical copy as well. My plans were to rush out early in the morning on May 13 and buy it, that way I'd be able to play it on day one AND have the box for collector's sake.

Now I've just preordered it digitally, and will probably check Amazon a year or so down the road to see if I can find a cheap boxed version.

Giving people just one DVD and making them download 45 GB-worth of extra files is an incredibly shitty move on behalf of Bethesda. If you're going to do a physical release, at least do it right.

AirRaid said:

One disc. ~9GB on a dual layer DVD. Plus 45GB extra, total disc space is 55GB installed.

Also, there will be a steam preload 48 hours before unlock, so you will have 48 hours to DL the files before you can play. Preloads are designed for exactly this reason. More people get to play on time, and the servers are less battered at the time of big releases.

In my case, I was going to buy the Steam version, but we had trouble finding Steam wallet cards.

What I could do is when I get the game, I can wait for a week or so until the high server load cools down, then I can install it with little issue, if any.
Therefore, my decision to preorder the physical, retail version from Amazon stands as called.

AirRaid said:

How can you be so wrong when the information is right there?

Call me a dumbass, because I truly don't now/never saw an option for it: if I ordered a physical copy/box, what steps do I have to take to preload it, and then simply punch in my key? I always thought preloading was only available if I order a digital copy (because I am thinking about cancelling one of my physical pre-orders so I can preload...48 gb would mean I can't player on day 1 and some parts of day 2 if download starts at release)

I just tried googling it, and only found answers that said "can't pre-load if you ordered physical" in regard to - for example - Fallout 4.

tuo said:

Call me a dumbass, because I truly don't now/never saw an option for it: if I ordered a physical copy/box, what steps do I have to take to preload it, and then simply punch in my key? I always thought preloading was only available if I order a digital copy (because I am thinking about cancelling one of my physical pre-orders so I can preload...48 gb would mean I can't player on day 1 and some parts of day 2 if download starts at release)

I just tried googling it, and only found answers that said "can't pre-load if you ordered physical" in regard to - for example - Fallout 4.

If you're going for the physical copy, you're out of luck. The only way to preload is with the key, which is sealed inside the box. :-(

chubz said:

If you're going for the physical copy, you're out of luck. The only way to preload is with the key, which is sealed inside the box. :-(

Okay, then I am not wrong with my assumption/experience from past physical Steam releases.

I'll cancel my physical pre-order and switch to digital. 48gb - especially on launch day, allthough Valves CDN is quite good - is too long to wait.

Piper Maru said:

Looks good! May 13 is nearly here, and we'll be getting a new Doom game after all this time.

And of course, our erections must be prepared.

This is literally everything I could hope for in a proper sequel to the classic DOOM games.

Is it the same disc in the CE ?

Dafuq is wrong with them ? how the hell am i supposed to get it if i don't have hs-broadband internet ? pick it up from texas ?

MiNaM said:

Is it the same disc in the CE ?

Dafuq is wrong with them ? how the hell am i supposed to get it if i don't have hs-broadband internet ? pick it up from texas ?

http://www.reactionface.net/images/block/466.jpg

I also pre-ordered the CE edition, will keep this pre-order because I am a sucker for Collector Editions. But I will cancel my PS4 pre-order to get a second, digital, Steam pre-order
(yes...I know I'm stupid! But I couldn't stand the wait watching the loading bar...my whole day would basically be this:

)

Why the hell did they change the music? The leaked music fit better IMHO.

Mick Gordon should have left it alone. =P

Tritnew said:

And of course, our erections must be prepared.

That Cyberdemon better not even think about bending over, not with so many throbbers nearby.

HellVain said:

The launch trailer came out? Well then, lets all nitpick the shit out of it!

The Argent Bolts from the Spider Mastermind are not flying straight out of the barrel, but are leaving left, right, top and bottom. That's lousy engineering on UACs part, obviously!

I love Mick Gordon, but he really shouldn't go around shitting on other people's work, only to produce something not nearly as impactful.

The Civ said:

I love Mick Gordon, but he really shouldn't go around shitting on other people's work, only to produce something not nearly as impactful.

Agreed. Looks like he has a bit of a ego on him, eh?

BluePineapple72 said:

Pretty cool trailer, music lacks OOMPH though :/

Honestly, I haven't been impressed by any of the game's music thus far. I fear it'll have one of those overly-industrial, dubstep-y soundtracks that just kind of blends into the background and doesn't really stick with you or make you want to come back and listen to it again.

I will say that I thought Mick Gordon did a pretty good job with Wolfenstein: TNO's soundtrack, but I'm not sold on him just yet.

chubz said:

Giving people just one DVD and making them download 45 GB-worth of extra files is an incredibly shitty move on behalf of Bethesda. If you're going to do a physical release, at least do it right.

That's actually Sony's fault. Shipping the game on multiple DVDs would be too expensive at 55GB, and nobody is buying BluRay drives on PCs due to Sony demanding a premium on them.

can't believe how good this game looks. it must be a nightm, em, i mean a DREAM!

also the design of most of the monsters are so fresh and amazing at the same time, man. id has sooo talented team of artists, really, games are not just stupid shooters, it's an art in some way too!

chubz said:

Honestly, I haven't been impressed by any of the game's music thus far. I fear it'll have one of those overly-industrial, dubstep-y soundtracks that just kind of blends into the background and doesn't really stick with you or make you want to come back and listen to it again.

I will say that I thought Mick Gordon did a pretty good job with Wolfenstein: TNO's soundtrack, but I'm not sold on him just yet.

Probably why I may or may not listen to Andrew Hulshult's Classic Doom metal remixes....

He made some awesome Classic Doom remixes.

Did I miss something? The thing I saw that projectiles shooting out of an Arachnotron. Was there an image of a giant spider mastermind anywhere?