Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnonimVio

Finalized Launch Trailer

Linguica said:

Am I the only one who actually liked the leaked unfinished version more...

Yeah the music in thee leaked version was superior to this one. But it was nice to see the mastermind (im hoping its the archnotron because i hope bethesda isn't retarded enough to not give the mastermind a chaingun). the more i think about the music in this one the more i hate it. The leaked version's music had more power behind it.

For all those that loved the original music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olxh1zocWZk&feature=youtu.be

banned said:

don't forget to show us the result :)

Yes I definitely will, I'll even post the .psd for anyone else who wishes to tweak it. I'm probably not the only one doing this though, haha!

Chezza said:

Did I miss something? The thing I saw that projectiles shooting out of an Arachnotron. Was there an image of a giant spider mastermind anywhere?

that is the mastermind

Linguica said:

Am I the only one who actually liked the leaked unfinished version more...

I did as well. The music on the new version is just corny as funk and doesnt give atmosphere. Cut version was much better. Might have to mute soundtrack to this game.

DF88 said:

Might have to mute soundtrack to this game.

Why? As far as we can tell, this new version isn't done by Mick Gordon either.
And it's not even bad, honestly. The hell is going on here?

TheGamePhilosophe said:

I want to find the person who did the leaked trailer music and make a REAL Doom game with them.

So what makes this not a real doom game? And what makes you qualified to make a REAL Doom game?

Edward850 said:

Let him do as he pleases

I don't see anything about this game that would make it not a "real Doom game". It's got the action, it's got plenty of room for exploration and hunting for secrets, it's got auto-map stations much like those reveal automap power-ups, they even included friggin' key cards. The only things that separate this game from Doom in terms of gameplay, in my opinion, expand upon that original formula and make it more evolved. Doom had severe engine limitations because it's a product of its time, obviously they had to add things to it to bring in a new era and it doesn't look like the spirit of the Classic was lost in the process. I was almost worried it would be too much action and not have any focus on exploration but, thankfully, that worry appears to have been put to rest.

Edward850 said:

While the music wasn't really bad, it didnt seem to fit fully with the gameplay shown (it sounded a little to electronic to me). Though I have to wonder who did the music though. As it doesn't match up to the beta menu theme, nor does it really match up to the snippets of music heard from the streams.

Jaxxoon R said:

Also got to wonder why his legs are perfectly shaved and

Theory: Maybe the Doom guy is actually a doomgal?

I Wonder what's the role of that assaultron on the whole plot.... I wonder if there if we can find a Mr Gutsy too.

Huh. At 0:06, you can see that the legs don't have a waist, or even a body. Technology I tell you.

Any way, the music is weak compared to the cut version, but it adds suspense to the trailer.

The cut version music is badass and Doom is badass.
I don't know Mick Gordon was thinking.

banned said:

don't forget to show us the result :)

For anyone interested in the progress http://imgur.com/ItTLBqr

EDIT: I just want to note how I literally copy and pasted the classic doomguy's face and it pretty much fit perfectly with the new trailer screenshot. It's basically perfectly posed, when it comes to the Doomguy atleast. id software really did a good job getting that frame perfectly composed.

MiNaM said:

Dafuq is wrong with them ? how the hell am i supposed to get it if i don't have hs-broadband internet ? pick it up from texas ?

MiNaM said:

Thx bethesda..

Tritnew said:

...It'd Id Software.

Id Software, I tell you.

Uh, It's actually every major game release this decade. Games are getting larger, and there is no common optical drives capable of handling those data sizes. As Edward850 said, Bluray can do it but because of the hilarious price of BDROM drives, few people have them so it's not a viable distribution method for PC.

Also, to further quash your complaints:

PC System Requirements said:

Requires Steam activation and broadband internet connection

It's not like they didn't tell you.

The best you can hope for with a physical release is that you get it delivered a day early and can use your code to preload. Amazon used to be quite good at getting stuff out day before release but I haven't preordered anything from them for like 10 years.

DMPhobos said:

Maybe its just my imagination but... did they changed the plasma gun sound?

I think they did. It sounds chunkier.

I'm honestly surprised that somone would think the PC release wouldn't use Steam. It needs something for the multiplayer after all.

Would you rather it used the Windows store & API?

TheWizard said:

For anyone interested in the progress http://imgur.com/ItTLBqr

EDIT: I just want to note how I literally copy and pasted the classic doomguy's face and it pretty much fit perfectly with the new trailer screenshot. It's basically perfectly posed, when it comes to the Doomguy atleast. id software really did a good job getting that frame perfectly composed.

Fucking killer! Looks great my friend :)

I really hope that at least some (Preferably most) of that ~45 GB of stuff is contained on the disc that comes with the game...

Otherwise, I won't be playing the new DOOM until Sunday, because fucking 45 GB on crappy DSL is gonna take two days and some change. (Thanks, Verizon for not bringing FIOS here to this city of 100,000... despite giving it to practically every surrounding town.... Assholes.)

Technician said:

I hope he's naked for the first couple of rooms so we can get a glory kill where he grasps an Unwilling by the ears and slams it's singular eye socket into his erect cock, breaking through the back of it's fucking skull.

And the achievement should be called "Gloryhole"

Traysandor said:

I really hope that at least some (Preferably most) of that ~45 GB of stuff is contained on the disc that comes with the game...

You have that horribly backwards. It's 55GB, a single DVD can only contain 8GB, so you have 45GB left to download.

We should at least get an achievement after downloading. "Patience is rewarded", or something like that ;)

Okay Beth, you did it, I buy a second, digital key to pre-load. (stupid me and my impatience)

Voros said:

Huh. At 0:06, you can see that the legs don't have a waist, or even a body. Technology I tell you.

Reminds me of BJ in The New Order. For cutscenes in first person and when you're sliding, his entire body/legs appear. Otherwise they're completely invisible, and it's clear the legs are independent of the actual upper body animation-wise anyway.