Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

New archvile is sexy

Amph said:

too much alien in his face, actually other monster are abit alienish and not much demonish to me, not sure if i like this...

Ironic since the original is very close to what you would call a greymen alien look alike, this looks nothing like an alien. This design stays true to its description which was basically a demonic priest who uses magic to eviserate you and revive its fallen foes.

I actually like my interpretation of the Classic Archvile far more than the actual sculpted model of the thing, I always pictured the thing as a being constantly covered in fire because of the pale yellow color and that, when it's attacking, it's just concentrating and strengthening the fire that's already on its hands.

Sadly, that's not the case:

That's as alien as it gets.

this thing looks like shit, is that really the new arch-vile? fucking shit I hope it's not, wtf went through their minds designing this crap

and wtf is with it's head? is that supposed to be a hammerhead shark?

Eh, at least the majority likes the new archvile.

Tp be honest a 3d rendition of the classic archvile would look lile a generic yellow imp with large hands.

HellVain said:

Eh, at least the majority likes the new archvile.

Tp be honest a 3d rendition of the classic archvile would look lile a generic yellow imp with large hands.

You know, there's a perfect example of this to prove your point, the Doom 3 Archvile.

At least the Doom 2016 version is stylized and unique, you can instantly tell what you're up against. Also, oddly, the 2016 Archvile has a look of intelligence to it in my opinion, maybe it's just the wizardry or the big head. XD

^ lol yeah, actually. if you add spikes to doom 3's archvile and color it brown, its an accurate portrayal to the classic doom imp.

also i made this

when I first saw the arch-vile as a child, it scared the shit out of me

the doom 3 arch-vile scared and still scares me when I play the game (yes doom 3 scares me, I'm one of those people who get sucked into the game and they ARE the doomguy while playing)

but when I look at the new one I just laugh about it, just looks like a female opera singer

it's like in the first 2 pics it bows down infront of the audience and then it starts to sing

MetroidJunkie said:

You know, there's a perfect example of this to prove your point, the Doom 3 Archvile.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110913092915/doom/images/5/5e/ArchVile.jpg

At least the Doom 2016 version is stylized and unique, you can instantly tell what you're up against. Also, oddly, the 2016 Archvile has a look of intelligence to it in my opinion, maybe it's just the wizardry or the big head. XD

kek, my superior ms paint skillz trumps all.

MetroidJunkie said:

Might I suggest GIMP? It's more or less Photoshop but free.

I think you have to wear a leather mask for it, though.

Now we know why the Mother Demon is both moth-like and has a strange connection to Arch-viles :P One of these must evolve to become a Mother Demon occasionally.

MetroidJunkie said:

Might I suggest GIMP? It's more or less Photoshop but free.

Or maybe PaintTool SAI (though that one isn't free and while it doesn't have the amount of features as Photoshop, it does go better with a tablet than GIMP (unless they finally updated it so it wasn't broken when trying to use a tablet with it))

Tritnew said:

It has that "Muhahahaha" evil doer feel to It, I guess that's why It's called the Archvile, huh?

Though, If you want a sexy Archvile.

http://i.imgur.com/OhHrBkJ.jpg

Hue hue.

Seriously though, that new design looks great. Now we wait for The Pain Elemental.

Which they probably removed btw.

This looks a lot like Sil from the movie Species. I think H. R. Giger did the creature design for the film.

Quasar said:

Now we know why the Mother Demon is both moth-like and has a strange connection to Arch-viles :P One of these must evolve to become a Mother Demon occasionally.

Great theory!

The Civ said:

The original Archvile was literally as close as you could get to an alien in a DOOM game, so I have no fucking clue what you're complaining about.

not really, the head here is very alien from that movie, now look at the old archville his head is more humanoid, more toward demon, demon are not alien, demon are animal with humanoid features

This is the classic grayman alien in hd. I used the xcom art because I find it pleasing to the eye but nonetheless an accurate portrayal to the classic gray alien. Now look back at the classic archvile. Yes, it is a demon but that doesnt change the fact that it looks like a generic alien painted gold.