Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMGUY_GODMODE

Theory for new DOOM Story

LittleBurger said:

Yes, if only due to the relation they would have with the humans.

I recall the later parts of Doom 3, one of the scientist logs detail about the remaining ancients escaped Mars (teleporting) to other places in the Solar System, most likely Earth to start over.

Perhaps if Doomguy isn't a relative/descendant of Blazkowicz. Maybe the Doomguy is actually Blazkowicz himself, but revamped and cryo froze like captain america or something. Since nazi are no longer a threat and hell is. Just a theory.

LostSoulofRetailHell said:

Perhaps if Doomguy isn't a relative/descendant of Blazkowicz. Maybe the Doomguy is actually Blazkowicz himself, but revamped and cryo froze like captain america or something. Since nazi are no longer a threat and hell is. Just a theory.

I still think it's the same old Doomguy from Doom 64, he was guarding Hell and decided to go to sleep, wakes up in a tomb, and then yah...

Basically an Evil Deadish storyline.

LostSoulofRetailHell said:

I would be suprised if he wasn't a relative, most of id's protagonists are.2

So Aparrently:

Spoiler

Basically, before the First Age of Ascension in Hell, the Doomslayer was an immensely powerful warrior who wore the crown of the Night Sentinels, an elite force of guardians responsible for defending the world of Argent D'Nur against the hordes of Hell. When Argent D'Nur fell and was swallowed by Hell, the Doomslayer set out on a path of destruction through Hell to seek vengeance against the Dark Lords of Hell who had wronged him. Now, this guy who so OP that he tore his way through Hell like a bloodthirsty mad lunatic and he was so savage in his rage that even Demons were afraid of him. Throughout his crusade even the Seraphim aided him in his quest and he became so powerful that he even killed a Hell Titan in combat. Eventually the Demon Priests from the Blood Temples manage to lure him into a trap a collapsed a massive structure on top of him, that was the only way his onslaught was stopped.

Some info implies that the player is some sort of avatar or reincarnation of the Doomslayer.

Doomslayer is Doomguy, Night Sentinels are the Marines (United Nations or USA?) Argent D'Nur (sounds like something from Heretic/Hexen) is the Demon name for Earth (because Money) Dark Lords fucked up earth in Doom 2/Final Doom before 64, Goes through Hell finally in 64, Seraphim is the Soul Cube? Hell Titan is probably Baal or the Icon of Sin. Doomguy stayed in hell gets tricked and trapped by Demons. Gets unsealed by UAC 1000 years later.

XLightningStormL said:

So Aparrently:

Spoiler

Basically, before the First Age of Ascension in Hell, the Doomslayer was an immensely powerful warrior who wore the crown of the Night Sentinels, an elite force of guardians responsible for defending the world of Argent D'Nur against the hordes of Hell. When Argent D'Nur fell and was swallowed by Hell, the Doomslayer set out on a path of destruction through Hell to seek vengeance against the Dark Lords of Hell who had wronged him. Now, this guy who so OP that he tore his way through Hell like a bloodthirsty mad lunatic and he was so savage in his rage that even Demons were afraid of him. Throughout his crusade even the Seraphim aided him in his quest and he became so powerful that he even killed a Hell Titan in combat. Eventually the Demon Priests from the Blood Temples manage to lure him into a trap a collapsed a massive structure on top of him, that was the only way his onslaught was stopped.

Some info implies that the player is some sort of avatar or reincarnation of the Doomslayer.

Doomslayer is Doomguy, Night Sentinels are the Marines (United Nations or USA?) Argent D'Nur (sounds like something from Heretic/Hexen) is the Demon name for Earth (because Money) Dark Lords fucked up earth in Doom 2/Final Doom before 64, Goes through Hell finally in 64, Seraphim is the Soul Cube? Hell Titan is probably Baal or the Icon of Sin. Doomguy stayed in hell gets tricked and trapped by Demons. Gets unsealed by UAC 1000 years later.

Sounds like a cool story, but it also sounds like

Spoiler

Aliens (1986)

You know with the whole UAC unsealing him thing? Kinda like how the Weyland-Yutani unsealed Ripley?

But then again it might also be like Evil Dead, with the whole Ash waking up in a different time, kinda like how Doomguy probably went to sleep while guarding Hell in Doom 64, and then waking up in a tomb and stuff.

IDK, who knows what the real story of the new Doom is...

I wish MatPat would do a Game Theory on the new Doom story... too bad he won't, because he's too busy playing FNAF or Minecraft... doesn't even pay the slightest attention to Doom.....

Might try to hit something up on /r/GameTheory, anyway Youtube Algorithms aside, Markiplier might do a "Let's Play!" of the new doom which skyrockets it's popularity (unlikely) which in turn matPat might decide to do a "doom theory" or something.

Surprisingly he didn't do 50 million theories for Undertale despite people spamming him with UT requests, and the algorithms at the time.

XLightningStormL said:

Might try to hit something up on /r/GameTheory, anyway Youtube Algorithms aside, Markiplier might do a "Let's Play!" of the new doom which skyrockets it's popularity (unlikely) which in turn matPat might decide to do a "doom theory" or something.

Surprisingly he didn't do 50 million theories for Undertale despite people spamming him with UT requests, and the algorithms at the time.

I tried a Doom teleporation theory under the name Shinigami___, but alas I got no reply from MatPat...

The best we can do is just launch a coordinated offensive on MatPat's Reddit. :3

DMGUYDZ64 said:

When i think of demons and the New storyline, it makes more sense to me, A brutal angel but What the hell ..

Haha yeah not shitting on you mate, it's a cool idea actually. If there's a hell with Bible-ish looking demons (Baron of hell) then why can't there be a heaven?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

A brutal angel..

Aw man, I had that idea when trying to add a little bit of story to my first WAD maps.

The premise was that the marines go in to investigate something going on in a subway. Doomguy gets electrocuted, and was left behind in their entry vehicle to recover. He wakes up, goes through the game, and the ending is the reveal that he actually died and was possessed by an angel. Time get out my tin foil hat to stop them stealing my ideas!

Jannak said:

Actually I would have preferred with the direction that Doomguy died all the way back in the first episode in the original Doom and he's been in hell eversince and also every wad & megawad we've ever created is Doomguy still in Hell fighting demons which Hell manifests as different worlds but with the same demons (only except in ZDoom wads).

And Doom 4's storyline is where the UAC finally captured his undead soul and experimenting on it....

We are all splitting hair and all here but IIRC Doom's backstory in Quake 3 is that Hell took him while he was trying to warn Earth on Phobos (so during Knee Deep in the Dead). And Q3 is basically Valhalla where you fight forever. Finding yourself on all kinds of deadly places as well for the entertainment of some superior beings would fit in such a setting.

Not that I think they care about continuity, nor that it's really that important.

I'm thinking there's some multiverse stuff going on.

----

There's several (or infinite) versions/timelines of Earth and the surrounding cosmos, whereas Hell is actually a single cross-dimensional realm that underlies all timelines.

TIMELINE A:

Doom I

Doom II

(Final Doom?)

Doom 64 -> Doomguy stays in Hell, is eventually captured and entombed, as Hell can't kill him but barely manages to contain him.

TIMELINE B:

Doom 2016 -> Alternate timeline UAC retrieves Doomguy's sacrophagus during expeditions, shit hits the fan thanks to Olivia, Samuel decides to break Doomguy out as previously uncovered Hell scripture describes him as a demon slayer, clearly the guy for the job.

----

Doom 3 is likely either self-contained in a timeline C or is parallel to classic Doom.

Might considered as "ban hammer material" trying to keep this as clear as possible:

Spoiler

There are a lot of references to Doom 3, some subtle, many not so.

For one, the UAC Logo looks like D3's

Samuel Hayden the general from the D3 Alpha/Beta/Book is now(?) The Scientific Director of Mars.

Some outside areas of Mars show signs of an ancient civilization like that of D3 Martian Ruins.

You know those Tablets with Doomguy on them from D3? They are mentioned, and so is Site 2 somewhat.

Again the Martians have a small reference.

Just from a leaked video, seems like little things suggesting that Doom 3 is now canon to the Doom 4 universe to some extent, one could believe that the in-game figurines, and Doom 1/2 easter eggs are actually Doomguy's memories (He Also understands English, which is strangely odd, for a non-Human alien)

(If a Moderator see's any of this as "rough" and should be removed, PM me and I'll remove it)

Chickensoup101 said:

For a ancient super human from the past, why is his Armour so modern? Maybe UAC guys modified it?

I have something. Its based on the Doom 64 sequel thing

Anyways, the armor system nowadays have become mo e efficient thx to the UAC. But since Doomguy was stuck in Hell, he doesn't know about this sticks with his antique armor. But with the helpof artifacts in Hell, he improves to such a level, it makes UAC upgrades seem medievel. This kinda fits with what the helmet, green color from Classic Doom (and the ammo pouches from the title screen).

Chickensoup101 said:

For a ancient super human from the past, why is his Armour so modern? Maybe UAC guys modified it?

I think they created a custom armor specifically for him. He is their last resort.

Just watched the Behind The Scenes, and It looks like Doomguy can absorb that Argent Energy.

Maybe Doomguy IS the DoomSlayer? Or maybe since he spent all his time In Hell, he BECAME the DoomSlayer?

Tritnew said:

Just watched the Behind The Scenes, and It looks like Doomguy can absorb that Argent Energy.

Maybe Doomguy IS the DoomSlayer? Or maybe since he spent all his time In Hell, he BECAME the DoomSlayer?

I have to wonder how it didn't affect him negatively then.

Tritnew said:

I think its just a name given to him by the demons, UAC calls him the doom marine while hell calls him the hell walker or the doomslayer. The same as UAC calling the armor the "praetor suit" and demons calling it "the crown of the night sentinels".

I think we could have 2 endings on this game:
- Doomguy finds himself on a hell invaded earth, cut and credits roll
- the game is an easter egg from super turbo turkey puncher 4

LittleBurger said:

I have to wonder how it didn't affect him negatively then.

Argent is some kind of hell energy, Uac extract it and filer to use as own power source. Doomguy from time to time find those tanks with super-clean argent energy and it's power up his suit. I believe that raw argent energy can corrupt humans and turn them into unwilling-zombie, only some strong individuals can survive that argent exposure and end not affected. From what I have seen on first two level streams (Spoiler - do not read if You do not want!) 60% of UAC Mars base population was changed by Olivia experiment into zombies, most of rest staff was killed or locked by Vega in safe rooms.

merlin86 said:

I think we could have 2 endings on this game:
- Doomguy finds himself on a hell invaded earth, cut and credits roll
- the game is an easter egg from super turbo turkey puncher 4

Or Doomguy lands on Earth only to see his pet bunny on a stick, and he gets pissed off and you see him running towards the flaming city. :P

DoomzRules said:

Or Doomguy lands on Earth only to see his pet bunny on a stick, and he gets pissed off and you see him running towards the flaming city. :P

I actually agree with that one there.

If they're gonna a DOOM reboot, may as well make a DOOM II reboot some day, right? Or maybe a stand alone expansion like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and name It DOOM II.

Tritnew said:

I actually agree with that one there.

If they're gonna a DOOM reboot, may as well make a DOOM II reboot some day, right? Or maybe a stand alone expansion like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and name It DOOM II.

I sort of would rather have an expansion (if they make a Doom 2 reboot as a new game it would have to be far enough into the future to where the free updates to snapmap actually matter in the long run (and not just get discarded and reworked into some other variation of it for a new game)).

LittleBurger said:

I sort of would rather have an expansion (if they make a Doom 2 reboot as a new game it would have to be far enough into the future to where the free updates to snapmap actually matter in the long run (and not just get discarded and reworked into some other variation of it for a new game)).

Basically, yeah.