Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMGUY_GODMODE

Theory for new DOOM Story

If they don't do that I think it would be neat if someone makes a wad based on that part of the story, does the game still mention his sword? Does it appear in the game? I can imagine a mod for the original Doom with a bunch of Hell levels, the status bar face from Mutiny and a sword as an additional weapon, maybe a modified Quietus Blade from Hexen. I remember Samuel was holding a sword on the unreleased launch trailer, is that sword still present in the final release or did they remove it from the game?

Xerge said:

Anyway, some folks here have theorized that the events of this game are happening after Doomguy decides to stay in Hell (Doom 64), it would be cool to see a game about what happens right after that and before he is sealed in his tomb.

Doom 66: Human in Hell

Basically- set in hell, ends with Doomguy getting trapped in a tomb :D

Someone should start a Doom megawad with this!

Xerge said:

If they don't do that I think it would be neat if someone makes a wad based on that part of the story, does the game still mention his sword? Does it appear in the game? I can imagine a mod for the original Doom with a bunch of Hell levels, the status bar face from Mutiny and a sword as an additional weapon, maybe a modified Quietus Blade from Hexen. I remember Samuel was holding a sword on the unreleased launch trailer, is that sword still present in the final release or did they remove it from the game?

The sword Is still In the game, basically the finished launch trailer spoiled the ending right off the bat.

Tritnew said:

The sword Is still In the game, basically the finished launch trailer spoiled the ending right off the bat.

They didnt really spoil anything, all of us initially thought that the sword was either an important item or a usable artifact like the soul cube. We didnt know that that was the ending.

So here is my theory.

Doom 1 > Doom 2 > Doom 64 > Doom 3/ROE/Lost Mission > Doom 2016

The game starts in Site 3 (The same place that contains the Tomb of the Hero) so it does give credence to my theory.

The marines from Doom 3 are ascended to those knights after they die or after they finish their mission.

Doom 3 cannot take place after the events of any of the original games. The intention was always that Doom 3 plays on events as if the original games never happened.

If you are going to include Doom 3 I'd say it would be after the events of every other Doom game.

My theory is that if this indeed is the original Doomguy then the events of the original game happened in another dimension that was absorbed by Hell, then the UAC from this universe opened a gateway to Hell in Mars and retrieved the original Doomguy from Hell, what would follow is an invasion on Earth and the activation of the soul cube as a weapon (which can actually be found in Olivia's office) using argent energy and the occult, after a lot of centuries this civilization becomes extinct in Mars and Earth but after a few billions of years a new humanity emerges leading to the events of Doom 3 and the discovery of the old martian civilization and the soulcube. A few decades after the events of Doom 3 a nuclear war takes place and Rage happens, because you can see the soul cube in Rage too.

Doom 3 gives us a very distinct and specific time frame for it's events. They don't line up with the events seen in Doom 2016, and they can't have happened after the original games, because nobody knows about the GLOBAL APOCALYPSE caused by the UAC in those events.

Doom and Doom II never set a specific frame of time for when the games take place. Sometime in the 21st Century, but they would have to be, at the very least, after the events of Doom 3 if you were to try and fit them all together (which makes absolutely no sense, give the very very different feels of both universes.)

I'm pretty sure Doomguy is from that Argent D'Nur realm that got absorbed into Hell, but it's fun to come up with crazy stories so I'll try my best.

At the end of Inferno, Doomguy supposedly gets back to Earth after a portal opens up, the text screen even mentions something along the lines of "Hell finally plays fair". It's possible this portal was summoned by a priest to trick Doomguy into imprisoning himself in the sarcophagus.

Or, maybe Doomguy's imprisonment takes place directly after Doom 2. There were no magic portals that opened up when Doomguy killed the icon of sin, and the end screen mentions a long trek home. Maybe Doomguy was captured on the way back? To further support this theory the end text screen mentions the icon of sin's limbs scattered across hell, sounds a lot like the Titan Doom Slayer killed to me (this is ignoring the icon of sin in Doom 2016, though).

The question is how does the beginning of Doom 4 fit in? ANOTHER invasion? Surely after the first incident the UAC would have precautionary measures to stop such a thing from happening? I think a UAC cover up of the first incident would only be likely if my Doom 1 theory is right, after a direct invasion on Earth I don't think anyone's gonna just forget about the demons...

AwesomeO-789 said:

The question is how does the beginning of Doom 4 fit in? ANOTHER invasion? Surely after the first incident the UAC would have precautionary measures to stop such a thing from happening? I think a UAC cover up of the first incident would only be likely if my Doom 1 theory is right, after a direct invasion on Earth I don't think anyone's gonna just forget about the demons...

Hmm...
The initial invasion took place on the moons. Then on Earth. And I assume Earth doesn't know where the demons came from, thus the UAC are not mentioned. And it seems that the communication to the moons or Earth was either shut down or destroyed by Olivia/Samuel(probably him)

The UAC on the moons were basically normal guys who got the unexpected results from there experiments.

The UAC on Mars seems like psychos, who think Hell should be worshipped or something. Meh.

AwesomeO-789 said:

I'm pretty sure Doomguy is from that Argent D'Nur realm that got absorbed into Hell, but it's fun to come up with crazy stories so I'll try my best.

One has to keep in mind that is coming from the perspective of the demons themselves. Everything about the Doom Marine and his armor see's him standing apart from the rest of the Night Sentinels.

To me, it seems that anything "foreign" on the suit was added later on. (The mark on the helmet.)

I think, Doomguy "went native" at some point during his demon war, and became part of that culture. And why not? He was so far from Earth by that point I could see him trying to maybe build something stronger than just himself, only to lose it all. Which would just fuel the rage even more.

As to connections to the classic series and how the UAC might fit in. After Doom II, I could see the remnants of UAC jumping in with some PR going "We know how to STOP these demons."

Remember, as fast and loose as this new game is with the story, it basically gives you enough leg room to make ALL of the classic games "canon" to it's history. Doom, II, Final, 64. They can all be part of that long campaign of death and destruction, and as has been alluded to many times. Doomguy chose to remain in Hell to ensure that "no demon rise again."

As to the Titan's, well, again, some of those classic wads give us the indication that the Icon of Sin was not a one-off, but one of an elite class unto their own. A titan demon could just as easily be a rare breed.

I don't think he's native to Argent D'nur, purely for the fact that his armor isn't like that of the other Night Sentinels, and he was wearing it from the get go. If you look over the Doom slayers armor in game, you'll find the Night sentinel's sigil on his helmet and lower right abdomen, However unlike the Knights; he has writing like EXO manufacture with a serial numbers printed on his armor, as well as caution labels and designations like D22 and 8623. And it's pretty safe to assume a Demon didn't create the armor, but more than likely modified it to consume and process Argent energy.

Maybe Doomguy was from earth, UAC had just begun it's teleportation experiments and unkowingly created a portal to hell, one marine managed to defeat hell all on his own, his armor back then didn't have the inhancements and it actualy looks outdated other parts were added later on. As he escapes hell thinking he defeated It's leader, He stumbles upon the burning cities of earth. After finally defeating the icon of sin and saving a few of earth's last remnants he was recruited to finish off the last of the demons which were ressurected by a powerful demon, a man who can't escape his fate as a powerful hell slayer. After defeating the mother demon, he stayed in hell to ensure no demon walks the earth again. During his time in hell, he encountered a portal to another world also under seige from demons. He stepped in to help the locals and in time he was branded as one of thier own, he proved too powerful and too fierce for demons, thus the pages of his legend are written( the UAC found them later ). In time after victory, the demons stopped attacking, he told the people of his strife and conquest and thus were written as the "Ages". First age was rhe spider demon, second age was the icon of sin, the mighty titan who almost wiped out his race, and the mother demon whom deperately tried to revive its fallen allies to fight off the doom slayer as it knoew he posed a greater threat than when he was still a marine in the future. After a long time of peace the demons attacked again in greater numbers, It seamed that the fall of it's leaders have rallied them to work together no matter how they hate each other, in this attack he was underpowered against the armies. Until another remnant whom his world was devoured, gave the doom slayer further suit enhncements resulting in the armor we see now, But as he fought, mostof D'nur had already fallen, seeing the destruction of his new home, He lead a squad of the best of the best of the techno knights and led the counter attack in hell, But the demons this time were prepared, they set a trap for him and it worked. In his sealed state, Argent D'nur fell. But It's people still respected him as the man who fought hell (as shown in ghostly aparitions pf his former allies who salute him). Meanwhile on earth, the world has come back to normal, as 100- 500 years have passed. The demons were kept as a secret by a select few and was considered to be just a myth by many. Samuel revived the UAC as in my theory, he was one of the last remnants when the demons attacked back then. He pursued his interest in hell and succeeded, it was good at first as he kept everyone in check, but then olivia arrived and managed to brain wash most of the UAC into a cult. Samuel knew that this is going to be bad so he himself (or one of his robotic bodies) went to hell to find the Doomslayer's tomb. A contengency plan if the worst possible outcome comes. As she found out about the retrieval of the tomb, she became desperate and in this desparation she released the demons and opened up the gateway to hell. When the marines werent enough to stop the invasion, He released the Doom slayer to kick Satan's ass one more time.

Oh yeah, Rage too may be connected in the Doom universe. It's was when humanity was still rebuilding earth after the seige.

HellVain said:

The demons were kept as a secret by a select few and was considered to be just a myth by many.

Do you remember that in Doom 3 Swan says that the demons were on Earth once? That made me think that there were a few people within the UAC who were already aware of everything about the ancient civilization and it's fate before it was even discovered by UAC employers on Mars, this also made me think that the real reason why he was there was to control Betruger and make sure another invasion didn't take place in case he was experimenting with teleportation, as if he and other important people within the UAC already knew what could be going on and what could happen.

From reading the majority of the logs you find in the game it seems to me like the Doom 1-3 connections are simple nods and believing they're all part of the same continuity is overthinking it and making the plot more complex than it seems.

The Doom Marine in the reboot was part of the Night Sentinels in the Argent D'Nur realm. There's a log you find that seems to imply someone within the realm betrayed it and opened a portal for the demons, similar to Olivia. The demons kill everyone but the Doomguy remains because he's very good at Killing Thingsâ„¢ and is full of rage that his world and friends were destroyed by the demons. He spends the rest of his time in Hell killing everything, supposedly he goes to other worlds at some point too according to a cryptic line. At some point he meets a friendly demon (maybe it's not a demon, who knows, it's left ambiguous), Talks to the Monsterâ„¢ and the demon makes him the armour he wears throughout the game. Eventually after spending so long Killing Thingsâ„¢, the Doomguy gets lured into a trap and sealed away.

Time passes, he's found by Samuel and the UAC, events of Doom2016 happen. Events of Doom2016 end leaving a couple of hanging plot threads for sequels. Doom2019 happens which also leaves sequel hooks, Doom2022, etc. until the franchise stops selling and Bethesda/ZeniMax shut down id because life is cruel and we all die alone.

Xerge said:

Do you remember that in Doom 3 Swan says that the demons were on Earth once? That made me think that there were a few people within the UAC who were already aware of everything about the ancient civilization and it's fate before it was even discovered by UAC employers on Mars, this also made me think that the real reason why he was there was to control Betruger and make sure another invasion didn't take place in case he was experimenting with teleportation, as if he and other important people within the UAC already knew what could be going on and what could happen.

I Didnt really account Doom 3 since it was a bad remake of the first game. It was good for others but for me, it felt like half-life 1 with a Doom skin.

Personally for me I didn't like what they have done with Doomguy, I would of taken it more in the sense of keeping him a modern marine something more along the lines of this.

situation unfolds, hell invades, marine force sent in Doom guy is part of this task force, They enter the complex and fight the hordes of hell but ultimately get wiped out, Doomguy fights as hard as he can but eventually he too is defeated by hell's forces, this would set the tone and show just how powerful and dangerous this hell demons really are, but just before a demon kills you, you are inverted saved via Hayden who uses that advance sword to slice the demon, He takes the Doom marine to a lab sector and gives him the found Doom slayer Praetor suit, thus getting into the suit the marine is given the attributes of the Doom slayer. This would help with how is able to know how the weapons work, plus the story will still carry on as usual, Doom marine discovers the truth behind the UAC and goes guns blazing against hell.

I think this would of served better as a reboot, because really the demons should not be scared of a man, I don't think even they know of the term fear also it would allow you to feel as if you are the Doom marine the last chance to beat the forces of hell and go from a simple marine to a Demon destroyer.

Also they keep referring to him as Doom slayer and slayer, they lost the who idea of " you" are suppose to be the doom guy but it seems like they threw that out the window. But this is just my own opinion, just seems more bad ass if it was a normal human with a kick ass suit and weapons fighting the forces of hell then some ancient super human warrior.

OpenMaw said:

Doom 3 gives us a very distinct and specific time frame for it's events. They don't line up with the events seen in Doom 2016, and they can't have happened after the original games, because nobody knows about the GLOBAL APOCALYPSE caused by the UAC in those events.

Doom and Doom II never set a specific frame of time for when the games take place. Sometime in the 21st Century, but they would have to be, at the very least, after the events of Doom 3 if you were to try and fit them all together (which makes absolutely no sense, give the very very different feels of both universes.)

I'm glad to see someone agrees somewhat that Doom 3 comes first.

The timeline goes Doom 3, Doom 1, Doom 2 and possibly Doom(2016)

Doom 3 is the start due to it taking place on Mars. Doom marine fights like a mother fucker through hells army and when he takes down the Cyberdemond he takes leave. Then Doom 1 and 2 taking place on the moons Phobos and Deimos leading to the fight on Earth ending with Doomguy a.k.a B.J. Blazkowickz III from Doom 3 sealing himself in hell to prevent another invasion. Here's where Doom(2016) comes in. It starts with B.J. waking up due to a third invasion and goes on a pissed off killing spree to stop the forces of hell once again.

DOOM 3 Itself Is literally a retelling of DOOM 1, though. I don't see how It could be canon.

To me, It seems like they kind of remade the story from DOOM 3 and made It more badass.

I don't like the idea of doomguy as Blazkowicz the third, maybe a decendant, but not directly Blaz's great grand son. Doom 3 was a retelling and in no sense connected to the classic dooms. Doom 3 is it's own game, heck ROE was it's sequel and that happened a year later after the unamed marine defeated the cyberdemon. While Doom 1 and 2 are connected right after the first game ends.

I do understand that not everyone will agree with me but it fits together almost perfect. I've done my research with the games and the years the games take place in. The story of Doom 3 takes place before the events of Doom 1 and 2 while RoE takes place during the events of the of the original two games. Like I said not everyone will agree with me on this but in reality we will never know untill id software tells us.

There are no dates given at any point EVER to lock down when the original games take place. We are never given a month, a day, a year. It's just sometime in the future.

Doom 3, on the other hand, gives us very specific dates and times for the events that take place, and it makes it very clear this is the first time this has happened to humanity. That it's all happening for the first time. It's intended as a remake of the original game with a more "grounded" backstory. However, the only way you could harmonize the games is if Doom's 1 and 2 take place after 3. At a big ass stretch, with a lot of blurring of the details.

There's only an exact date for Doom 3 but if you dig deep enough you'll find years for Doom 1 and 2....

November 15, 2145-Events of Doom 3
2148-Events of Doom 1 & 2

Now check this shit out. After a lil digging i found out that Doom(2016) takes place in 2145 with the sarcophagus of the Doom Marine being recovered from Kadingir Sanctum.

Now with that being said Doom 3 may have been a soft reboot in where the series was brought into the modern age of gaming. Its possible that Doom(2016) is a hard reboot or takes place in a completely different timeline or completely different universe all together since the original games we all based in the same timeline as Wolfenstine. This is obviously all the speculation.

DaRedneckGamer said:

2148-Events of Doom 1 & 2

Uh, source? Context?

DaRedneckGamer said:

Doom(2016) takes place in 2145 with the sarcophagus of the Doom Marine being recovered from Kadingir Sanctum.

We don't know how much time has passed between the sarcophagus being discovered and the game starting.

I've read the original Doom books not the ones based on Doom 3 and your right we dont know how long it was bur thats why i said its a hard reboot with either a different timeline or set in a completely different universe