Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMGUY_GODMODE

Theory for new DOOM Story

Uh, I don't think so. At least, If I remember his data logs. He got put Into the robot body because he had Brain Cancer.

Whatever that was on Deimos which remained in Hell, as well as the rest of the episode 3 events of Doom 1, seem to be referred to as having taken place in an area of Hell called the Umbral Plains, a place not visited in-game but that was explored thoroughly by the UAC in their search for relics.

It's relics from this area that speak at length about the Doom marine's prior battles, mention a destroyed tower (Tower of Babel), and a reference to a prior incarnation of the "Aranea Imperatrix," which at the time the UAC didn't understand or know what it referred to (the Spider Mastermind).

The shattered, petrified remains of the Cyberdemon were also discovered there, IIRC, whence they took what they could find back to Mars and started feeding it Argent energy which to their unique combination of horror and delight, started bringing it to life again.

Quasar said:

Whatever that was on Deimos which remained in Hell, as well as the rest of the episode 3 events of Doom 1, seem to be referred to as having taken place in an area of Hell called the Umbral Plains, a place not visited in-game but that was explored thoroughly by the UAC in their search for relics.

It's relics from this area that speak at length about the Doom marine's prior battles, mention a destroyed tower (Tower of Babel), and a reference to a prior incarnation of the "Aranea Imperatrix," which at the time the UAC didn't understand or know what it referred to (the Spider Mastermind).

The shattered, petrified remains of the Cyberdemon were also discovered there, IIRC, whence they took what they could find back to Mars and started feeding it Argent energy which to their unique combination of horror and delight, started bringing it to life again.

I have to check again but most of those findings were actually either in the Great Steppe or in Kadingir (Blood keep). Kadingir bridges the umbral plains (which sound like a vast expanse of nothing) with the Great STeppes.

Quasar said:

I think the Cyberdemon we fight is not based on the remains. The codex states that they actually caught a living Balgaar:

"After many months of research, a Baalgar was successfully delivered to the Lazarus Labs through the third Project Lazarus Tethering Operation (MTC 2147/016). Several dozen Biochemists and UAC Military contractors were killed during the tethering but the beast was finally subdued using overcharged stasis field generators."

After beating Doom2016 for a third and final time.But first how many of y'all actually played and beat both Doom 1 and Doom 2016? Cause if y'all did then you'll have made the same conclusion I have. Now I can say with 100% confidence that Doom 2016 is a reimagining if Doom 1. That's why people hav drawn many similarities between the two games. Even the final boss, the Spider Mastermind is a dead giveaway that it's a remake or reimagining. You can deny it all you want and try to shoehorn it in but its obvious that it's a remake and possibly the start to a new timeline all together

^ *Facepalm*

It's obvious, It's entirely obvious, that It's a reboot. But what some people stated at Quakecon 2014 was that It was a origin story. By now, that Information could be old, I'm just stating that here.

You could say I'm shoehorning It In, but we're making up THEORIES. We're trying to explain the story of DOOM In our own ways, If one person agrees then hey, someone's not alone, If the another one doesn't agree, then It's just how you feel about It all.

But still though, this feels more like a prequel to DOOM 1, but considering one of the datalogs explained a broken abandoned Tower of Babel, then this Is a sequel to DOOM II.

Save it, he will insist his theory and cannot accept the official story written by the writers.

Theories and fanfiction are two different things.

Tritnew said:

^ *Facepalm*

It's obvious, It's entirely obvious, that It's a reboot. But what some people stated at Quakecon 2014 was that It was a origin story. By now, that Information could be old, I'm just stating that here.

You could say I'm shoehorning It In, but we're making up THEORIES. We're trying to explain the story of DOOM In our own ways, If one person agrees then hey, someone's not alone, If the another one doesn't agree, then It's just how you feel about It all.

But still though, this feels more like a prequel to DOOM 1, but considering one of the datalogs explained a broken abandoned Tower of Babel, then this Is a sequel to DOOM II.

Not trying to butt in to say anything in favor or against the opinions of anyone here, but his theory is as acceptable and valid as anyone else's. I mean there's a point behind the game's developers reasoning for making the story as seethrough as possible for the player, right?

I have another theory; multiplayer is canon

I think it's some form of training program for soldiers and stuff to become really proficient at killing, to kill the doomslayer (or subdue him [or even maybe replace him, like some form of plutonia style protection against demon invasions]), this could be a thing run by Samuel so he has another line of defense against the DS/doom, although with vega being the narrator this theory probably can't work :/

All of the armors could work in the lore too

UAC- the UAC's private army being trained for doom slayer slaying
Utilitarian- Robots made to slay the doom slayer
Bounty Hunters- Bounty hunters hired for doom slayer slaying
Demonic- Demons
Templar- Cool customization options

Almonds said:

Not trying to butt in to say anything in favor or against the opinions of anyone here, but his theory is as acceptable and valid as anyone else's. I mean there's a point behind the game's developers reasoning for making the story as seethrough as possible for the player, right?

Well, that's the point of DOOM's story, anyone can come up with something.

But I mean... He pointed out the obvious and said the game was a reboot when that's the entire purpose of It. I just wanted to point that out myself. But I'm not trying to "Insult" or disprove his theory because the story can be anything.

Though, that MP theory Is Interesting, but VEGA Isn't really against Doom Slayer or Samuel. So... That doesn't really work.

I'm thinking only to keep my pride and theory alive that this is a knock-off VEGA replacement :/

Also I forgot to add that my theory for the no deathmatch thing going on in this game is justified by the fact that Sammy wants the doom slayer slayers to work as a team to take down Mr.Doom, which is why we should blame Sammy for the lack of classic deathmatch in multiplayer :0)

Hah, Doom Slayer would take them out. If he could take out a million demons, he could take down wannabes.

For some reason I Imagine Doom Slayer being brainwashed or having his memory erased after the ending and turning out to be a "normal" space marine later on. Though, that really wouldn't make sense.

I thought it was pretty obvious that all the multiplayer stuff is (in terms of the in-game lore) taking place in a computer simulation. You see screens in a few places around the game that say "VEGA Combat Simulation in progress" or something like that.

Tritnew said:

Hah, Doom Slayer would take them out. If he could take out a million demons, he could take down wannabes.

For some reason I Imagine Doom Slayer being brainwashed or having his memory erased after the ending and turning out to be a "normal" space marine later on. Though, that really wouldn't make sense.

That would make perfect sense if sammuel wants to control him. Doomslayer is a soldier so the first thing you wanna do is make that soldier think he's on your side.

Linguica said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that all the multiplayer stuff is (in terms of the in-game lore) taking place in a computer simulation. You see screens in a few places around the game that say "VEGA Combat Simulation in progress" or something like that.

Maybe it's like a future version of flight simulator, only more realistic and without flying

I think this is what some modern games are doing with their multiplayer; a combat simulation designated for the learnings of combat

Tritnew said:

^ *Facepalm*

First off thanks for not being a dick about it, some people still shoehorn Doom 2016 into a timeline but it dont fit anywhere. It just makes sence that its purely a remake of the original game. But as you said these are all theorys. We wont really know until a sequel is made, if one is made. My prediction for the prequel is....it will be a remake of doom 2. But hey thats just a theory....a doom theory.

No problem, It's just like In the Making of DOOM 3, they said DOOM 3 pretends the other two never existed.

Thats true but the timeline don't lie but the Doom RPG website confirmed that the Doom Marine in Doom PRG is the same character from Doom, Doom II, and Doom 3, and that Doom 3 is his 'return to Mars'. I myself find that hard to believe, then again id made the Doom RPG website so must be cannon. That still leave the question of where does Doom 2016 fit in. It shares the same construction seen in Doom 3 but the demons from Doom 1 and 2. So its it a remake, is it a separate timeline or does it follow after Doom 3 and RoE.

Do you hear that? It sounds like an echo chamber. Or in other words, people with a particular opinion who happen to agree believing that their repetition of the same thing overrules everyone else and all the points they made, without specifically addressing any of those points.

I would love to see "Hell on Earth" on the next sequel..or expansion (unlikely)..with tons of new monsters and weapon upgrade mods.

Hey I just found something, in the data log of the necropolis, it says that throughout hell you can find various structures absorbed into hell from conquered worlds, even many known human architectures... Very interesting...

Doom! The only game with more theories than GTA5. The more I play DooM the more clear it becomes that its DooM 3 story and visuals with DooM 1 demons and monsters. Everyone will have a theory, some we will argue, some we will ignore and some we will try and build upon. I'll stand my ground on DooM 1-3 and RPG being connected cause that what the DooM RPG website confirmed and id wouldn't make that up. Sadly that site has been shut down for sometime to i can't link it.

Doomguy is secretly jesus christ on a crusade against demons and Doom 4 was used to be called, passion of the christ 2.

Remember, He stayed in hell for our sins.

I'm surprised there wasn't a "YOU KNOW DEMONS WERE ONCE PEOPLE RIGHT BRO" twist. Considering the mutations on the Possessed and the skeletal, imp-like look of the Unwilling.