Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

Can I get a run down?

What's up in the world of freedoom? Where can I get the most up to date copy. How can I help? Every texture/sprite has been replaced?

Im bumping this because I am not wasting my 1 topic post per 24 hours on this question.

Also, this kind of pertains to this topic, so here it is.

Is there any difference between these two links?

https://freedoom.github.io/download.html

http://freedoom.soulsphere.org/

Is the soulsphere version the official one? Or are they both the same thing? I am kinda confused on the matter.

*Edit*
I just tested these, and they are actually QUITE different from one another.

The first link I posted I consider the REAL freedoom version. Because it has all the original free doom levels and episiodes. The soulsphere version (phase 1) is basically a doom 2 copy with free doom enemies and shit textures. Also there are no episodes to select from in that version of phase 1. The phase 2 version of the soulsphere has some new and different levels then the phase 2 version of the github version.

How bizzare.

The soulsphere one is an experimental build.

Also, the soulsphere version is made from GitHub.

What you said shouldnt be true. Its basically enhanced (i have it, and it works fine)

Comparing to the version 0.10.1, it has two new levels for Phase 1 (and hopefully, my PR for Phase 2 will be merged), new textures, new sounds, and new sprites... Although im not very happy with the new switc h textures.

Voros said:

What you said shouldnt be true. Its basically enhanced (i have it, and it works fine)

LOL you are absolutely right. My last GZ doom source wad loaded was Doom 2, and I dragged and dropped Freedoom Phase 1 into the launcher and hit play without looking. You should give it a go real quick. It looks funky as hell.

Anyways, you are right about the soulsphere version being an improvement.

Thanks for the reply.

Jimp Argon said:

You should give it a go real quick.

Huh? I play it like the way i play Doom: a lot.

Voros said:

Huh? I play it like the way i play Doom: a lot.

Im talking about dragging and dropping it into gzdoom launcher or zandronum or whatever the hell you use. And launching freedoom phase 1 with doom 2 source wad. That's what I meant when I said give it a go....

Oh that.

Theres no point, since Phase 1 uses the episode system, while Doom 2 doesnt.

Voros said:

Oh that.

Theres no point, since Phase 1 uses the episode system, while Doom 2 doesnt.

I know..... just never mind. You clearly didn't get what I was saying above.

Zerthex said:

you guys should use that that new pistol sprite... but i wonder if there will be a new plasma rifle sprite soon...

It has been approved BUT no one has been able to provide the offset values for it(those are the numbers that tell each sprite where to appear onthe screen). I can't because I'm limited. Others are most likely busy or lazy.

Unless you can run DeuTex in your Mac, I don't think the pistol will ever be merged.

*sigh* what irony.

Voros said:

It has been approved BUT no one has been able to provide the offset values for it(those are the numbers that tell each sprite where to appear onthe screen). I can't because I'm limited. Others are most likely busy or lazy.

Unless you can run DeuTex in your Mac, I don't think the pistol will ever be merged.

*sigh* what irony.

you guys cant just keep that old pistol sprite from 0.1 forever.

Zerthex said:

you guys cant just keep that old pistol sprite from 0.1 forever.

WE DONT WANT TO, NOW THAT WE GOT A NEW PISTOL THATS MORE SCI FI, but I cant add it without the offset values!

Voros said:

WE DONT WANT TO, NOW THAT WE GOT A NEW PISTOL THATS MORE SCI FI, but I cant add it without the offset values!

whats offset values?

Zerthex said:

i can add it for you :)

dammit iwad saveing is disabled!

Use the PWAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/itmpputaqcx0nga/fdpistol_v4.wad?dl=0

Also that's not how it works. One would need to submit the sprites(I can do that) and the offset values for the sprites(which is added in "buildcfg.txt"), all at GitHub.

If you can provide me the offset values, then I can submit it and will be added for the next official release.