Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

No early Doom review copies for anyone

Weird that they are doing this after having hour long showings at ign and gamespot. But yea this makes me think the game is probably not going to be good now.

Tetzlaff said:

Hasn't this been a general trend with major video game releases lately?

Ubisoft did this with drive club and the divison. Warner did it with Dying Light and I think activision did it with destiny so its not all that common

Probably better to be safe than sorry.

DMPhobos said:

After the negative reception of the MP beta, im not surprised

I doubt this had anything to do with it.

I would almost put money on the fact that this game is gonna be a lot of fun and a really good game all around. They showed a fuckload of footage already and it looked great. A lot of positive feedback on the sp and snapmap portions. It'll be fine.

Very interesting... I hope this doesn't mean they don't have much confidence in it. I still think the MP beta was a mistake, and that they should've come up with some sort of SP content (or even a SnapMap trial) instead. I often wonder how many sales the lackluster beta cost them alone, since I'm sure there are people out there who think the MP is representative of the entire game.

chubz said:

Very interesting... I hope this doesn't mean they don't have much confidence in it. I still think the MP beta was a mistake, and that they should've come up with some sort of SP content (or even a SnapMap trial) instead. I often wonder how many sales the lackluster beta cost them alone, since I'm sure there are people out there who think the MP is representative of the entire game.

Yeah, there was a positive feedback on MP TRAILERS as well.

AnonimVio said:

Yeah, there was a positive feedback on MP TRAILERS as well.

I'm not talking about the trailers.

mistercow said:

Warner did it with Dying Light

And Dying Light got positive reviews, But still... I hope Doom 4 is not what Jim and the gang said it would be *Fingers cross*

AWWW MAN...and this means no Total Biscuit review...He has a chemo session.

Him and GGGManLives are the only YouTubers I trust completely to make an unbiased review.

Chickensoup101 said:

And Dying Light got positive reviews, But still... I hope Doom 4 is not what Jim and the gang said it would be *Fingers cross*

All the games I mentioned (except drive club) got a postiveish reception. Doom will most likely be a good game (or just a good single player experience) but I'm less confident that this is gonna happen than I was 12 hours ago.

What's probably gonna happen is some let's player like jesse cox or game grumps or angry joe will get the game early and start releasing lets plays of the single player 2 days before launch under bethsedas permission to do so.

DMPhobos said:

After the negative reception of the MP beta, im not surprised

Everyone forgets that in consoles the game was acclaimed, and that's where the money probably is anyway. So I doubt this.

This didn't bother me so much until I read that it conflicts with TB's chemo schedule...FUCKING HELL...

such little faith from most of you.

Also, there has been SO much gameplay shown (for all modes)! If you can't get a general idea of whether or not you think this game is for you and you are worrying about a trivial business decision, then you must not be very experienced in gaming.

Looks pretty solid to me thus far. I'm not buying because of the critics opinion. I'm buying it because of mine.

Even if it flops, and it's the last DOOM game ever made, I'll still be playing it over and over again 20+ years from now, just like the classics and DOOM 3.

But I doubt that it will be anything less than badass, despite sales figures.

I'm willing to bet they unsure of how the critics will interpreut a game like DOOM in today's day and age, so playing it safe.

Buckshot said:

Looks pretty solid to me thus far. I'm not buying because of the critics opinion. I'm buying it because of mine.

Even if it flops, and it's the last DOOM game ever made, I'll still be playing it over and over again 20+ years from now, just like the classics and DOOM 3.

But I doubt that it will be anything less than badass, despite sales figures.

This is where everyone seems to split. The people who like games because of their experiences and their opinions, and then the ones who look for someone to tell them that it's a good game or a shitty one. Sucks that so many people can't fully form their own opinions on things they supposedly enjoy and think for themselves. Seems to be the biggest growing trend ever.

The lack of faith here is disturbing.. Reviews are better on the day of release IMO. They likely do not wish to reveal anything more until the 13th, which is perfectly fine.

Heejyhorang said:

Also, there has been SO much gameplay shown

Gameplay under controlled conditions.

Anyway, while listening to them talk they mentioned something about them not wanting to give review copies because they said snapmap was a vital part of the experience and that reviewers would not be able to properly enjoy it if they got the game before anyone else. Honestly, that doesn't sound like too bad a reason.

ArchangelOfHell said:

The lack of faith here is disturbing.. Reviews are better on the day of release IMO. They likely do not wish to reveal anything more until the 13th, which is perfectly fine.

It's absolutely ridiculous. I remember back when there wasn't YouTube to make decisions about a game being a must play or a bargain bin buy. People just went out and bought the game, liked it or didn't like it and that was that.

It's gonna be a great game. The gameplay footage was wonderful and very Doom. Relax people.

As many people said here, there's such a lack of faith here. We've seen so much gameplay already, and when they first streamed the single-player, I was hooked and I pre-ordered It right away.

It's best to save reviews and nitpicks for the release of the game.