Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

No early Doom review copies for anyone

Jaxxoon R said:

Didn't Edward already explain why they'd do this?

There's also the fact that Snapmap is to be all usermade content, which can't be made if there's no users. That's an entire gamemode that is literally incomplete.

And his explanation is spot on, so it is no wonder that following posters decided to conveniently ignore it. Paranoia/hate must flow.

nah, screw it, not important enough to argue about

Perhaps there will be an important day one patch? Do you guys think that is a possible reason?

With that said, I'm not sure if reviewers are supposed to download any patches, and instead just play the vanilla disc...

Tritnew said:

As many people said here, there's such a lack of faith here. We've seen so much gameplay already, and when they first streamed the single-player, I was hooked and I pre-ordered It right away.

It's best to save reviews and nitpicks for the release of the game.

Yeah.. I wish I didn't need a laptop.. then I could ask my dad for it... But I am already along with the Lap Top asking for a new Art Tablet to go with it!

ChickenOrBeef said:

Perhaps there will be an important day one patch? Do you guys think that is a possible reason?

With that said, I'm not sure if reviewers are supposed to download any patches, and instead just play the vanilla disc...

Can't be worse than that Tony Hawk game that literally had the entire game in a patch. No, seriously, their license was about to expire so they only had the tutorial actually done when they had it shipped so they just threw in the rest of the game as a patch.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Well we know they are still working on the pc version, they said during the 1080 demo that an Nvidia Engineer was staying at there offices this week still optimizing opgengl side so for pc there will be a day 1 patch.

Also I think many people are forgetting this game is going to use Bethesda.net accounts for the snap map stuff so that probably ties in with the servers offline until launch day.

I think all the review stuff is crap anyway, if you like this type of game you will love it regardless of what a critic thinks. People who are playing the game on Neogaf are enjoying it so far and that's what counts really.

archvile82 said:

I think all the review stuff is crap anyway, if you like this type of game you will love it regardless of what a critic thinks. People who are playing the game on Neogaf are enjoying it so far and that's what counts really.

Yeah, and lets not forget how negative Neogaf and Reddit were before and now they did a complete 180%.

DooM_RO said:

Yeah, and lets not forget how negative Neogaf and Reddit were before and now they did a complete 180%.

Yep, only people who are complaining now is reviewers and the people who need scores to validate their purchase.

DooM_RO said:

To be fair, there's only a few people on NeoGAF who are playing it right now, and chances are the early birds are people who were really excited for the game.

It'll be more interesting in a few days...

DooM_RO said:

So the steam doom 4 forums hasn't changed at all then?

LittleBurger said:

So the steam doom 4 forums hasn't changed at all then?

That got closed after the beta was over. Well find out Friday, wonder how many 0.25 hour reviews there will be haha.

TheWizard said:

That got closed after the beta was over. Well find out Friday, wonder how many 0.25 hour reviews there will be haha.

I meant the main steam one for Doom 4. The game will probably have quite a few low hour reviews, seems to be a thing on most games on steam though.

Though I wonder how long till after the game is released that reviews will start showing up.