Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doommer

1 Week to Doom 2016 !

I'm sending a message to all my friends - that I have no friends on May 13, so don't expect to see me for a little while.

The store where i ordered my copy has listet it as availabe right now. IF i am lucky i might get it at thursday.

Thankfully, I've got my yearly Doom series playthrough (including Heretic and HeXen) to keep my occupied until the game launches.

I am slightly concerned of the longevity of the new multiplayer, though. From what I remember of the Doom 3 launch, the multiplayer died off pretty quickly.

Sgt_BFG said:

From what I remember of the Doom 3 launch, the multiplayer died off pretty quickly.

Doom 3 had multiplayer? I don't remember it having multiplayer.

Preliatus said:

This is an odd claim considering its server list is still running. (The original xbox port was shut down awhile back, although that was an Xbox Live thing.)

Talk about the worst week ever. Everything that can go wrong has.

...therefore I predict day 1 steam download server issues with everyone who bought it digitally frantically trying to download 55gigs at the same time. :D

Ironhound said:

Talk about the worst week ever. Everything that can go wrong has.

...therefore I predict day 1 steam download server issues with everyone who bought it digitally frantically trying to download 55gigs at the same time. :D

What about preloading, would that help at all?

Damn, i can't get this game yet, i was thinking of preordering it two monts ago but i couldn't due to my eye's operation. I think i will buy the game by June or July for ps4, poor me. Just 2 days left. You were so lucky guys.

Preliatus said:

Yes it had extremely limited multiplayer on launch. 4 players maximum. Death match was the only mode.

I preorded the physical copy so i will not be able to start downloading until friday after work... ah well :/

I have 125 Mbit connection so it should not take 2 much time :)

The download size also includes compression, so what that won't be showing is decompressed size. Although it is odd, because apparently the disc has the first ~10GB according to the specifications, although with no discs released yet I wonder if they listed the physical size, not the download size (which would be hard to estimate when accounting for compression).

Pre-load finished.

Urge to play is unbearable...

DooM_RO said:

And so it begins...

Glad to see you got it. I was worried the GMG wouldn't get the keys out in time for preload :) So ready for tomorrow night!

so if i ordered from amazon to get the collectors edition with the revenant statue...is there any way for me to download the game friday because its showing that i wont get my physical copy until Tuesday of next week!

mjf6866 said:

so if i ordered from amazon to get the collectors edition with the revenant statue...is there any way for me to download the game friday because its showing that i wont get my physical copy until Tuesday of next week!

Sadly, no.

Made me order another digital key. Yeah...that's how stupid I am :(

So, the payment for my copy of DOOM didn't go through on Amazon, so I have no choice then to go to Walmart (I know, It's a shitty store, but this Is for DOOM for crying out loud) at midnight.

Anyways, two more days.

It actually is the same feeling as it was with christmas. I think it's so cool
that we can still experience this feeling as an adult ... well boy in adults body :)

2 more nights to sleep !

I even grab my gf sometimes pretending to finish her of as we would the demons pretty soon. ( and no she doesn't mind :)

Dreamphaser said:

I even grab my gf sometimes pretending to finish her of as we would the demons pretty soon. ( and no she doesn't mind :)

Oh.

Dreamphaser said:

Dreamphaser said: