Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChekaAgent

Any info about mastermind?

Recommended Posts

First of all, i have to point out that i don't really pay attention to Doom 2016 news and i may sound ignorant a bit.

Afaik, spider mastermind is now a confirmed enemy (i guess?). But i want to know more information on it, so if you know something, i would like you to answer these questions:
1) Will it be a hitscanner or projectiler? What weapon will it have?

2) Will it be a boss like in Doom 1 or just a mini-boss like in Doom 2?

3) If it's a real boss, than will it be stronger than cyber or inferior to it?

4) Will it's design be as cool-looking as in in Doom 1/2? It reelly concerns me since they ruined the cyber's design in new Doom, imo.

I would really like to hear your answers, since spider mastermind is really cool guy and probably my favourite monster in classic Doom.

Share this post


Link to post

1)projectile monster
2)mini boss, because Olivia is the main boss (?)
3)I sure hope that its weaker than the Cyberdemon*
4)it has a sleeker look now.

Spoiler

Seems that the SM is a guard of some sort, I think the Argent Tower. And I'm guessing that's on Mars. Then we might encounter the Cyberdemon in hell as shown in the E3 and the launch trailer(the scythe attack part).

Share this post


Link to post
Voros said:

1)projectile monster
2)mini boss, because Olivia is the main boss (?)
3)I sure hope that its weaker than the Cyberdemon*
4)it has a sleeker look now.


1) What weapon does it have now? Plasmagun like arachnotron's?

2) I mean will it be unique strong enemy (that's what i meant by boss) or a strong enemy that you encounter multiple times (mini boss)?

4) Screens? (i'm too lazy too google)

Also will there be arachnotron?

Share this post


Link to post

Nobody said Olivia is the main boss. Or was it mentioned in the leaked stuff? Anyway, that would be really lame. Betruger's wife indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Voros said:

1) the kind used by those Hell soldiers(think of the plasma gun and its plasma. Now make it red)
2)Boss
4) http://m.imgur.com/a/mXsHs

No arachnotrons.

Why wouldn't there be any arachnotrons? They are the minions of the Spider Mastermind.

Share this post


Link to post
NodEliteX5 said:

Why wouldn't there be any arachnotrons? They are the minions of the Spider Mastermind.


Guess because this Is a reboot of DOOM, but yet they have, you know, The Mancubus, The Revenant, and Archvile, why not the Arachnotrons?

Share this post


Link to post

Probably for the same reason they weren't in Doom 3. The reason? I don't know. But I wont miss them, I never cared for Spider robots in Doom, they belong in Quake II.

Share this post


Link to post
DMGUYDZ64 said:

You mean like Mancubus, Cyberdemon and Revenant ?


No, just spider robots, like the arachnotron.

Share this post


Link to post
Piper Maru said:

I never cared for Spider robots in Doom, they belong in Quake II.


...although the originated in Doom.

I don't even remember any in any of the Quakes, unless you mean the non-robot Vores.

Share this post


Link to post
Clonehunter said:

...although the originated in Doom.

I don't even remember any in any of the Quakes, unless you mean the non-robot Vores.


I never really dug the spider mastermind or arachnotron, they just feel out of place to me. They're cool designs, but they just don't feel very demonic to me. There's nothing more to it than that, it's not that much of a biggie to me anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
NodEliteX5 said:

Why wouldn't there be any arachnotrons? They are the minions of the Spider Mastermind.

Do I look like Marty Stratton to you? XD

Share this post


Link to post

Only our depressed and tired looking lord Marty Stratton can help stop this conversation about the Spiders.

Share this post


Link to post
Piper Maru said:

I never really dug the spider mastermind or arachnotron, they just feel out of place to me. They're cool designs, but they just don't feel very demonic to me. There's nothing more to it than that, it's not that much of a biggie to me anyways.

I thoght of this : a UAC Experiment on a Demon .

Share this post


Link to post
Tritnew said:

Only our depressed and tired looking lord Marty Stratton can help stop this conversation about the Spiders.

Yeah that one interview with him, he looked really tired just by looking at his eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Piper Maru said:

I never cared for Spider robots in Doom, they belong in Quake II.

Clonehunter said:

...although the originated in Doom.

I don't even remember any in any of the Quakes, unless you mean the non-robot Vores.


There were spider robots in Quake II, albeit only in the PSX version: http://quake.wikia.com/wiki/Arachnid

Also, why there were no Arachnotrons in Doom 3? There was not enough space for them in that "Corridor: The Megawad" game :D

Share this post


Link to post
shotfan said:

Also, why there were no Arachnotrons in Doom 3? There was not enough space for them in that "Corridor: The Megawad" game :D


Because they were replaced by small spiders (i think they're called trites, or ticks, or something like that), and the spidermastermind was replaced with the spider queen mini-boss. I actually think that spiders and spider queen from D3 better fit in the setting, but masterminds and arachnotrons are much cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
ChekaAgent said:

Because they were replaced by small spiders (i think they're called trites, or ticks, or something like that), and the spidermastermind was replaced with the spider queen mini-boss. I actually think that spiders and spider queen from D3 better fit in the setting, but masterminds and arachnotrons are much cooler.

I was ridiculing the fact that Archanotrons are quite wide and need lots of space to maneuver effectively, and would not even fit into most rooms of Doom 3 :)
Ticks and Trites, yeah. What a letdown... Just stand your ground and blast them away with a pistol or a grenade. They would not be so bad if they were properly mixed with other enemies, so you would have to watch your step when fighting bigger demons to avoid being swarmed. But alas I do not remember any instance in the game where T&T appear alongside other demons. (the Wikia states that they are encountered with Vagaries at the end of Caverns 2, but I cannot recall anything else like that)
I agree that the original spiders are more impressive. T&T's are just weak, and Vagary is nowhere as powerful as Spider Mastermind.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't buy size\movement as enough reason to fully decide against arachnotrons. Mancubi can jump over cliffs that is double their height but then they pretend to be slow while walking in Doom 2016 lol. Arachs could do the same at worst.

Share this post


Link to post
NodEliteX5 said:

It would suck if Arachnotrons never appear again because so far DOOM 64 was their last appearance.


Maybe they were a rare species and Doom Guy wiped them out in 64?

Share this post


Link to post
XLightningStormL said:

Maybe they were a rare species and Doom Guy wiped them out in 64?

They will be replaced by scorpion-like demons instead. Maybe.

Share this post


Link to post

What I'd like to know is why the Mastermind's the only one with broodlings. Imagine mini versions of Cyberdemons or Barons of Hell. =P

Share this post


Link to post
MetroidJunkie said:

What I'd like to know is why the Mastermind's the only one with broodlings. Imagine mini versions of Cyberdemons or Barons of Hell. =P


And I shall call him....Mini-Me!!! MUUHAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!

Share this post


Link to post
MetroidJunkie said:

What I'd like to know is why the Mastermind's the only one with broodlings. Imagine mini versions of Cyberdemons or Barons of Hell. =P

First impression if that is actually in the game:

Me:"Did that baron just give birth?"*screaming mini barons in the background*
friend:" Dude. I think you just killed a pregnant Baron."*mini barons starting to mourn the dead baron*
Me: "what the actual fuck?"

Share this post


Link to post
HellVain said:

First impression if that is actually in the game:

Me:"Did that baron just give birth?"*screaming mini barons in the background*
friend:" Dude. I think you just killed a pregnant Baron."*mini barons starting to mourn the dead baron*
Me: "what the actual fuck?"

With how mobile some of the enemies are, I imagine a fractal doom like mod for doom 4 would be a nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
MetroidJunkie said:

What I'd like to know is why the Mastermind's the only one with broodlings. Imagine mini versions of Cyberdemons or Barons of Hell. =P


I thought Baron's were smaller Cyberdemon's before receiving implants and cyber limbs, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
HellVain said:

First impression if that is actually in the game:

Me:"Did that baron just give birth?"*screaming mini barons in the background*
friend:" Dude. I think you just killed a pregnant Baron."*mini barons starting to mourn the dead baron*
Me: "what the actual fuck?"

DOOM guy wouldn't give a shit lol.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×