Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

How to play DOOM ON Consoles like a PRO

Summary: Person who is bad at videogames plays a videogame and is bad at it!

Shocker.

Why are they not using the tools of the trade (IE Mouse & keyboard) ? Those peripherals do exist for console too.

Glaice said:

Why are they not using the tools of the trade (IE Mouse & keyboard) ? Those peripherals do exist for console too.

Too lazy to buy them maybe .

Deatheye said:

Thorsten Legat is a cool and nice dude, he used to be a professional football player

I am from germany but i never have heard from this guy, never seen him before either. At least in that video he appears like a unpleasent person. But the whole video seems to be forced. Why are they using so much sport guys to promote the game anyway?

I also dont have a problem if someone isnt that good at games and get finished by cannon fodder. But if the player get killed becaus he obviousley never played any games before is pointles. Especially in a video that should promote the game.

GoatLord said:

Seems like they're having an awful lot of trouble moving and shooting on a console.

Reminded of me when i first play first person shooters on a console!

Why are all these douchebag *millenials getting to play DOOM before we do?

*note: no offense to any millenials here.

Buckshot said:

Why are all these douchebag *millenials getting to play DOOM before we do?

*note: no offense to any millenials here.

I mean, It's basically the same crap we saw In the SP stream, I don't... REALLY see a point In watching these, at least to see people fail at It.

Otus said:

I am from germany but i never have heard from this guy, never seen him before either. At least in that video he appears like a unpleasent person. But the whole video seems to be forced. Why are they using so much sport guys to promote the game anyway?

I also dont have a problem if someone isnt that good at games and get finished by cannon fodder. But if the player get killed becaus he obviousley never played any games before is pointles. Especially in a video that should promote the game.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorsten_Legat

he's a very kind and "warm" person, it just looks like he's unpleasant/harsh when you don't know much about him

and yes the whole thing was pretty pointless they did there

Spectre!

GoatLord said:

Seems like they're having an awful lot of trouble moving and shooting on a console.

I think they're just really bad at the game. Playing a FPS with a controller isn't THAT restrictive.

Otus said:

Why are they using so much sport guys to promote the game anyway?

The people who watch and like these are Bethesda/Zenimax's target audience for the game.

DoomUK said:

Spectre!

I think they're just really bad at the game. Playing a FPS with a controller isn't THAT restrictive.

I generally played on near max sensitivity when I had played fps games on consoles as anything lower just felt extremely slow moving.

There is a dude playing Doom 2016 and streaming it on twitch since yesterday, on PS4, how did he just get it so early?

DoomUK said:

Spectre!

Yes, thankyou! I like playing FPS on consoles, it's NOT that bad as some people like to say.

Kaskaum said:

There is a dude playing Doom 2016 and streaming it on twitch since yesterday, on PS4, how did he just get it so early?

The full game?

Piper Maru said:

Yes, thankyou! I like playing FPS on consoles, it's NOT that bad as some people like to say.

If you turn down the sensitivity a bit, It'll feel quite good to control a FPS on a controller, especially a PS4 controller.

Tritnew said:

If you turn down the sensitivity a bit, It'll feel quite good to control a FPS on a controller, especially a PS4 controller.

I have friends that swear by using controller with sensitivity at max.
They also are fairly accurate with sniping in something like Battlefield too, it boggles my mind how they can play at such a high sensitivity.

And then I have a couple inverted friends...

Tritnew said:

I'll be getting Doom on the PS4, there is no way my current computer is going to handle Doom.

wheresthebeef said:

They also are fairly accurate with sniping in something like Battlefield too, it boggles my mind how they can play at such a high sensitivity.

What's really worse is when The max game sensitivity is still too low. For example perfect dark zero and quake wars

wheresthebeef said:

Tried playing COD Black Ops 3 with the default sensitivity, had to knock It down to 3, and It feels pretty comfortable. Might have to do the same for DOOM.

@Piper Maru Me too, played the Alpha and there was so many explosions It kind of made my computer lag.

Tritnew said:

Tried playing COD Black Ops 3 with the default sensitivity, had to knock It down to 3, and It feels pretty comfortable. Might have to do the same for DOOM.

@Piper Maru Me too, played the Alpha and there was so many explosions It kind of made my computer lag.

The COD series has always had a very high Max sensitivity

Seriously what's with PC elitists always talking crap about playing Doom with a controller? Why do you care on how people play their games? It's none of your business and it doesn't affect you in any way.

NodEliteX5 said:

Seriously what's with PC elitists always talking crap about playing Doom with a controller? Why do you care on how people play their games? It's none of your business and it doesn't affect you in any way.

The only good use of a controller in terms of PC gaming IMHO is when you're playing games via an emulator.

Otherwise, you're better off using the keyboard and a mouse.