Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chickensoup101

Harsh reviews about DOOM multiplayer

It's their opinion but wasn't the reviews about DOOM's multiplayer is kinda way too harsh? I have rules when i play games " Play the game and experienced it for yourself and then go watch the reviews about your said game " and then i watch some review videos about the beta and i was like.... " Like, bruh that is some harsh shit right there. I actually enjoyed the beta "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzEv-uHXBR8&ab_channel=TheWarOwl

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Why do you keep bringing up the negative reviews shit It's over, gone, ended .

But it will start again in just 6 days.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Why do you keep bringing up the negative reviews shit It's over, gone, ended .

Sorry, sorry~ XD

But i kinda wonder, though...

Again, why be so hopeless of the game already? Jesus Christ, If you're so worried, then why pre-order It or even BUY It on the first day of release If you're pretty much that hopeless for It.

If anything, the MP Is gonna do good when It comes to the other modes In It, Hell they could always update the game If there's problems. If the MP fails, then the only thing worth It would be the SP and SnapMap, but given the fact I played the Alpha, you guys won't be disappointed.

Tritnew said:

Again, why be so hopeless of the game already? Jesus Christ, If you're so worried, then why pre-order It or even BUY It on the first day of release If you're pretty much that hopeless for It.

If anything, the MP Is gonna do good when It comes to the other modes In It, Hell they could always update the game If there's problems. If the MP fails, then the only thing worth It would be the SP and SnapMap, but given the fact I played the Alpha, you guys won't be disappointed.

Not hopeless but curious! I'm actually really curious about the harsh reviews of the beta... But yeah, I'll be busy making Hexen inspired map in Snapmap! :D

Chickensoup101 said:

Not hopeless but curious! I'm actually really curious about the harsh reviews of the beta...

I think I've watched a video where the guy was calling out the reviewers as being complete, flat out liars, and I'd have to agree with the guy. Forgot the name of the video, but It explained It very well and he literally called them out.

That video pretty much made my hype go higher and I had new hope for the new DOOM. :)

Chickensoup101 said:

It's their opinion but wasn't the reviews about DOOM's multiplayer is kinda way too harsh? I have rules when i play games " Play the game and experienced it for yourself and then go watch the reviews about your said game " and then i watch some review videos about the beta and i was like.... " Like, bruh that is some harsh shit right there. I actually enjoyed the beta "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzEv-uHXBR8&ab_channel=TheWarOwl

Perhaps you should watch this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KWT2c03q0DE

Hey if the MP actually sucks, i'll be in SnapMap making maps for Capture the flag mode and singleplayer Hexen inspired map! ( O w O)/

In one of the Snapmap streams id even addresses custom modes that increasing combat speed and unlimited weapon pickups spawned by the mapper's discretion.

The mode probably won't add to the player's world stats or leveling other than Snapmap points but hey, old school Arena games never had levels or unlocks right? So f$*% them if they complain.

Watch the steams and ask yourself if the game looks fun. If so, it probably will be for most people. While I'm sure the stigma of the MP beta will rub off on the main game a bit, as in those ignorant players would deliberately play the game with a negative outlook but they're also sheep and the overall quality of the game will dictate the reviews therefore the steam's masses opinions.

Damn it, I thought this wouldn't come up again.

Isn't there a thread in EE about Stream and toxicity? That should explain some things on "why"

In a way, Doom 2016 (Or at least the Multiplayer) is a lot more comparable to Team Fortress 2 than Halo or Call of Duty, not that that's a bad thing. Weapon load-outs, health and ammo pickups, no regenerative health, you can double jump if you play as the Scout, you can assassinate as the Spy, and taunt kills are even a thing. Doom still has many things that make it unique but TF2 comes a hell of a lot closer than Halo or COD.

Chickensoup101 said:

Hey if the MP actually sucks, i'll be in SnapMap making maps for Capture the flag mode and singleplayer Hexen inspired map! ( O w O)/

And why does ir suck ? Just because it has loadouts/too Halo-ish ?

MultiLockOn said:

Load outs shouldn't be anywhere near this game. Nor should hack modules.

No jumping or aiming up and down too! Infact, Doom 4 should have just been a fucking time machine so we can relive the old days being 10 years old and playing Doom!

TheWizard said:

No jumping or aiming up and down too! Infact, Doom 4 should have just been a fucking time machine so we can relive the old days being 10 years old and playing Doom!

Watch this video so he can give you a detailed explanation that you CAN play the classic way https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KWT2c03q0DE

TheWizard said:

Turn off mouselook, crosshair, unbind jump key Aaaaand ... there you go , Or simply play Doom 1 or 2 .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Turn off mouselook, crosshair, unbind jump key Aaaaand ... there you go , Or simply play Doom 1 or 2 .

Infact I'll just unplug my mouse for this game, yeah!

cannot believe how people protect this shit in MP.... MP sucks so hard.
guess too many halo/cod fans here.

Caine said:

Not really, it's just that people were blowing how it was out of proportion. Was it average and meh? yes. Was it the worst thing ever in creation? No.

Doom has good multiplayer, must be better - it's just about time, ~3 years of deveolopment isn't enough for this game. I have two words for ya - Downloadable content(DLC)!

Caine said:

It's funny because the MP is really nothing like CoD or even Halo for that matter.

Clonehunter said:

or even Halo for that matter.

It looks too Halo-ish to me, You know .... Halo assassinations, Loadouts, Armors ... etc

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It looks too Halo-ish to me, You know .... Halo assassinations, Loadouts, Armors ... etc

I thought the assassinations could only be done from behind, and weren't tied to the amount of health an enemy has (while you need to them to whatever amount of health in doom to do the animation on them)?

Armor wise, some of them do have a halo vibe in a way, others remind me some of star wars, while others I am not really sure what they remind me of.

Multiplayer isn't horrible, not is it amazing

It could be something great if iD/CA can find something to set it apart from the rest of the shooters; like weapon pickups/better demon implementation (the demons need more than just two things they can do to be awesome), there are also a few weird things going on with sound and connection

They have the bones of the skeleton, they just need the meat and the flesh for it to be a real huma... Wait, that sounded better in my head :/

They should also add in a CTF mode and maps designed for it, seems really weird they have such a focus on teamplay but not one of the biggest mainstay team-based modes of the genre.