Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chickensoup101

Harsh reviews about DOOM multiplayer

Chickensoup101 said:

It's their opinion but wasn't the reviews about DOOM's multiplayer is kinda way too harsh? I have rules when i play games " Play the game and experienced it for yourself and then go watch the reviews about your said game " and then i watch some review videos about the beta and i was like.... " Like, bruh that is some harsh shit right there. I actually enjoyed the beta "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzEv-uHXBR8&ab_channel=TheWarOwl

hey i agree with you 100% i can't belive people think it's
bad. i've been in the alpha, closed beta and open beta and it was great. they are saying it's not like DOOM or DOOM2
DOOM or DOOM2 didn't have much of a multiplayer this is brand new and good.

DOOMGUY_GODMODE said:

DOOM or DOOM2 didn't have much of a multiplayer

I can tell you weren't around in the early 90's, were you?

Do go on - Explain what multiplayer was like in the 90's, how one would connect to another player and perhaps recall some experiences of it you had.

DOOMGUY_GODMODE said:

Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about .

Dragonfly said:

Do go on - Explain what multiplayer was like in the 90's, how one would connect to another player and perhaps recall some experiences of it you had.

i'm pretty sure it was available trough a service and just deathmatch or co-op
what about you?

DOOMGUY_GODMODE said:

i'm pretty sure

"I'm pretty sure".

So you have no idea, do you? Stop making bullshit statements that you cannot support. Let's go back to my previous assumption, that you weren't around in the 90's. Based on the way you type and the crap you say I'd assume you're no older than... 15 - 17? Which would mean at best you're born 1999, meaning by that point Quake 3 Arena had already come out. Now, I'm not dissing your age, no sir. I was once one of the 'little Doomers' of the community, what I have a problem with is dumbass statements such as:

DOOMGUY_GODMODE said:

In fact, DOOM 1 and 2 essentially CREATED online multiplayer. The developers of the game reportedly played MORE MULTIPLAYER than they did single player when testing the game. In the early 90's many offices used to have their networks getting destroyed by all the LAN games of Doom being played. Sure, it wasn't as big as multiplayer games are now, but that's because there were far, far less people who owned or had access to a computer, let alone played games on them. In comparison, however, DOOM was pretty much the main game people played online, versus today's thousands upon thousands of online multiplayer games.

I wasn't around to enjoy it, being only a toddler at that point, but my parents were, and I've done my fair share of reading into the history of this great game.

Dragonfly said:

"I'm pretty sure".

So you have no idea, do you? Stop making bullshit statements that you cannot support. Let's go back to my previous assumption, that you weren't around in the 90's. Based on the way you type and the crap you say I'd assume you're no older than... 15 - 17? Which would mean at best you're born 1999, meaning by that point Quake 3 Arena had already come out. Now, I'm not dissing your age, no sir. I was once one of the 'little Doomers' of the community, what I have a problem with is dumbass statements such as:

In fact, DOOM 1 and 2 essentially CREATED online multiplayer. The developers of the game reportedly played MORE MULTIPLAYER than they did single player when testing the game. In the early 90's many offices used to have their networks getting destroyed by all the LAN games of Doom being played. Sure, it wasn't as big as multiplayer games are now, but that's because there were far, far less people who owned or had access to a computer, let alone played games on them. In comparison, however, DOOM was pretty much the main game people played online, versus today's thousands upon thousands of online multiplayer games.

I wasn't around to enjoy it, being only a toddler at that point, but my parents were, and I've done my fair share of reading into the history of this great game.

i know DOOM was the reason for deathmatch i'm talking about new DOOM expanding what 90's DOOM didn't have
90's DOOM only had deathmatch.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Maze War had DM ?

It doesn't say DM specifically, but

Wikipedia said:

Network play - Probably the first game ever to be played between two peer-to-peer computers, as opposed to earlier multiplayer games which were generally based on a minicomputer or mainframe with players using either terminals or specialized controls, in 1973.

Dragonfly said:

It doesn't say DM specifically, but

Possibly just a simple 2 Players mode, Never had a chance to play this game .