Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWizard

Doom hitting 200 FPS @ 1080p using GTX 1080 w/ Vulkan

Hot damn, looks like AirRaid may need to close yours then, eh?

But that gameplay... My erection Is like a damned rocket right now.
All jokes aside, this Is GOTY right here. Holy shit.

I was just watching that, and yeah, the FOV looks pretty high. Also I think they may have turned off glory kill flashing? Looked pretty fast in general.

Linguica said:

I was just watching that, and yeah, the FOV looks pretty high. Also I think they may have turned off glory kill flashing? Looked pretty fast in general.

It´s still turned on. You can see it at 3:18. Maybe it was just to fast.

Chickensoup101 said:

Too bad, i'll be getting 125fps on ps4, but oh well

Lol this reminds me of a guy I know who wants to upgrade his PC. He literally said "So right now i can play CSGO at 400 FPS im upgrading so I can play at 600FPS"

Anyways what im getting from this is that once you go above 60FPS you wnt see any differences lol.

Doominator2 said:

Lol this reminds me of a guy I know who wants to upgrade his PC. He literally said "So right now i can play CSGO at 400 FPS im upgrading so I can play at 600FPS"

Anyways what im getting from this is that once you go above 60FPS you wnt see any differences lol.

There is a noticeable input lag difference between 60FPS and 120FPS, but lets not have that stupid debate here.

Doominator2 said:

Dis guy is actually playing on console, the FPS is also kinda topnotch as well
http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/29/dooms-never-before-seen-area

Doominator2 said:

This guy doesn't know the joy of 144hz

DooM_RO said:

Did they speed up the game or something? It was really fast.

Increasing the fov makes the game look and feel faster and the fov in the video is probably 120

mistercow said:

This guy doesn't know the joy of 144hz

This still doesn't change what your eyes can and can't see.

Damn, so good to see actual, skilled, kb and mouse play. This video brought me much joy. :)

wheresthebeef said:

This should shutup a lot of the speed naysayers

Just you wait, they'll be saying that now it's way too fast and not the exact speed as the original Doom.

Piper Maru said:

Just you wait, they'll be saying that now it's way too fast and not the exact speed as the original Doom.

Hmm, I don't think so, Reddit & YouTube are going pretty wild over these recordings from that event.

Piper Maru said:

Your shit is getting old.

/golfclap

TheWizard said:

Hmm, I don't think so, Reddit & YouTube are going pretty wild over these recordings from that event.

Well that's a breath of fresh air! Glad to hear it.

antiriad said:

But what does exactly mean Vulkan support? Will I get some benefits on a GTX 970?

It's just a different API, like OpenGL or Direct 3D (the two main ones at the moment). Vulkan is essentially the successor to OpenGL which has become a bit bloated and not very well supported in the last decade or so. It supposedly runs better than OpenGL and D3D due to lower overheads and generally more efficiency - especially in utilising multithreaded hardware better. Yes, Vulkan is supported on the GTX 900 series, so hopefully we'll see some extra performance once the Vulkan support patch hits. (A little after release, according to Marty in the video).