Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phrozo

Phrozo Particles 2 for Sikkmod 1.2

Hello,

My name is Phrozo and I am known for releasing various mods that include lots of new particle effects for the Doom 3 community to enjoy and use. My latest mod is Phrozo Particles 2 for Sikkmod 1.2 and can be found here.

It's a simple particle mod with much newer particle effects than what most people have seen and used from my older works but the mod is entirely just for particle effects and it was specifically made to be compatible Sikkmod 1.2 without modifying any game files other than the actual particles being used.

In short it just is a simple overwrite of the particles being used. Nothing else gets overwrote except the teleport FXs so that people can appreciate some new teleport particles from Phrozo Mod 2.0.

It includes particles for the weapons, projectiles, wound effects, explosions, monster particles, and some of the fire particles used in the levels as ambient effects.

I made this mod because of the new effects I had made over the years and because I am aware that my other mods were not very compatible with other mods, especially Sikkmod, so now that shouldn't be as much as a problem. All one needs to do is simply install this mod to whichever mod they want and hopefully Doom 3 will use the new particles ( unless changes were made to use different particles, then it probably won't )

If you have any comments or questions let me know. I hope someone appreciates this and appreciate all the support people have given my modest particle effects over the years.

-Phrozo

I created a mod that ported Doom 3 RoE's DB Shotgun to vanilla Doom 3 and got it compatible with Phrozo by pulling the script file from the mod. Did you modify this for the new version?

ROE? I made no changes specifically to ROE. This mod will work with ROE except it is partially broken because the double barrel shotgun muzzle joint angle faces the left and not forward and it's using the shotguns muzzle smoke. I can't do anything about that without overwriting the .def file to use a different, properly aligned particle effect or someone can fix the angle on model.

This mod does not include any .script or .def files that my other mods included so they won't conflict the weapon definitions or weapon logic.

edit: oh and thanks for the comment above :3

This mod is just phenomenal, I now understand the importance of particles in a game. It even enhances the gameplay look, shooting things are a lot more gratificating, firing the weapons feel better also.

And that burns away, it's so good, playing without this is now too depressive.

Phrozo said:

ROE? I made no changes specifically to ROE. This mod will work with ROE except it is partially broken because the double barrel shotgun muzzle joint angle faces the left and not forward and it's using the shotguns muzzle smoke. I can't do anything about that without overwriting the .def file to use a different, properly aligned particle effect or someone can fix the angle on model.

You're right, this is weird:

I can also see that one of the flashes is aligned with one barrel, it would make sense that the other would be aligned too, who knows why it's not.

Phrozo said:

This mod does not include any .script or .def files that my other mods included so they won't conflict the weapon definitions or weapon logic.

edit: oh and thanks for the comment above :3

Cool! I'll try it out and see how it functions.

Thanks.

Interesting. Would it be possible to fix this? If so, I'd love to include a fix for it in an updated version with ROE so this would not be a problem.

I'm very humbled by the nice compliments btw :3

Phrozo said:

Interesting. Would it be possible to fix this? If so, I'd love to include a fix for it in an updated version with ROE so this would not be a problem.

I aligned the flash bone and mesh planes that where off to the barrel, also aligned the flash bone in both fire1 and fire2 animations.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oj73l05hm2wmh5b/models.rar

I don't know if this will be somehow useful to you, in game this doesn´t seems to show any difference.