Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaskaum

Doom stream

id.dav said:

It doesn't matter if he's banned or not...he already said the game is short....people are saying 8 hours....and streamer was unhappy with that.....so this is all I wanted to know! Thanks streamer you saved my money!

Maybe on nightmare you will take much more than 8 hours.

id.dav said:

It doesn't matter if he's banned or not...he already said he can't believe it was the final level....people are saying 8 hours........so this is all I wanted to know! Thanks streamer you saved my money!

More like 10 and he skipped most of the secrets, so it'd be more like 13 if you were playing normally.

You know what else was 8 hours?

Super Metroid. Glad no one likes that game or, god, even replays it!

id.dav said:

It doesn't matter if he's banned or not...he already said he can't believe it was the final level....people are saying 8 hours........so this is all I wanted to know! Thanks streamer you saved my money!

some also said 11-13 hours. people at ID backed this up as well.

also you're irredeemably stupid, but that's neither here nor there.

Almonds said:

some also said 11-13 hours. people at ID backed this up as well.

also you're irredeemably stupid, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't know who gave you a permission to insult me but i'd like to see at your stupid face when you'll realise that game is short!

id.dav said:

I don't know who gave you a permission to insult me

It's me, I gave permission.

id.dav logic:

Sonic 06: 20+ hours
Doom 4: 8-13 hours

Sonic 06 > Doom 4

Because you know, being a short but good game is somehow terrible.

We need to take into account he skipped most secrets and on nightmare it will obvioysly take more than eight hours to beat.

id.dav said:

I don't know who gave you a permission to insult me but i'd like to see at your stupid face when you'll realise that game is short!

The original Doom could be beaten in 4-5 hours, so...

This is actually around Doom 3's length.

Hey! Morons retards and other types of mentally damaged inhabiting Doomworld!
I did not say that it was terrible or something bad about game I just said that it saved my money....it is my personal reason. Isn't it clear to all of you fucking fanboys? Hm?

id.dav said:

I did not say that it was terrible or something bad about game I just said that it saved my money....it is my personal reason. Isn't it clear to all of you fucking fanboys? Hm?

Over a false reason. You claim the game is 8 hours which it isn't. The stream before it went down was bordering on 10 and he skipped most things.

gameragodzilla said:

Over a false reason. You claim the game is 8 hours which it isn't. The stream before it went down was bordering on 10 and he skipped most things.

Well thanks gamergodzilla, instead of insulting and atacking me you put some facts and corrected my wrong conclusions...it's obviously much better if it hits 10 hours... cos I never really believe devs and 10 hours is what I always expected Doom to be!

id.dav said:

Well thanks gamergodzilla, instead of insulting and atacking me you put some facts and corrected my wrong conclusions...it's obviously much better if it hits 10 hours... cos I never really believe devs and 10 hours is what I always expected Doom to be!

whats the point of addressing your concerns with any level of intelligence when your response to everything is "THE GAME IS SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

shut up nerd

id.dav said:

I'm just wanting something as long as Doom 3 or WTNO, and it seems to be shaping up to be that. Then again, if the gameplay rhythm is good, I can replay it endlessly. Put over 200 hours in Doom 3 and that's just the Steam version.

id.dav said:

Look at this quality post.
And it doesn't fucking matter what your personal reason is, you aren't buying a possibly good game simply because it's not super long.
You can't make a statement, then the next page turn around on your own post and have your only support calling people "fucking fanboys".
Quality over quantity.
I'm tired of you repeatedly shitting yourself and acting like a five year old as soon as someone opposes your honestly ridiculous opinions.

Dont expect to spend 100 hours to beat a game unless if we are talking aboout RPG/JRPG.

Depending on the person skill and difficult I can see this game taking 10-20 hours to beat.
2-3 hours for a pro speedrunner.
Single player expansion is also guaranted.

gameragodzilla said:

I'm just wanting something as long as Doom 3 or WTNO, and it seems to be shaping up to be that. Then again, if the gameplay rhythm is good, I can replay it endlessly. Put over 200 hours in Doom 3 and that's just the Steam version.

Ditto in a way for me. As long as the gameplay is good and something I will want to keep coming back to, then how long it lasts doesn't matter as much (within reason though, nothing extremely short).

It sounds about as long as HL2 or something, I don't get the big deal about its length being 8 or so hours, or even less than that. I'd be more concern about how replayable it is.

Gameplay is fun, monsters have much more freedom to move through the environment so they can overcome any obstacle to reach and hunt the player. With those new complex moves I wonder how much exiting would be to play player created levels, but I wonder how much freedom of creation players can have with the current tools available.

id.dav said:

Didn't you bash the game in other threads and offend people who like the game in other threads including demonizing snapmap like it was satan's baby just because you couldnt modify the games code?

There are two ice cream shops you have access to.
You get ONE ice cream and one only, for free. Both shops have high quality ice cream.

Shop 1 has three flavors.

Shop 2 has 50 flavors.

Which one do you choose?

Spoiler

If you chose Shop 2, then upon picking a flavor, say chocolate, you realize there are 49 more you could've chosen from that might be better. Or you might have taken Rocky Road, and realized you could've taken lemon, vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, etc. Its too much for us, because picking one, you lose 49.

In Shop 1, picking 1 loses you 2. Not much huh? But your mind is satisfied, knowing its not much compared to the 49 possible choices gone in the wind.

I sure hope some of you at least understand.

Kaskaum said:

Maybe on nightmare you will take much more than 8 hours.

I saw his stream and watched it for a while 13 or so hours ago, demons were dying pretty easily, he was kinda
rushing through everything, and i didn't see him stop and search for secrets at all.

Maybe that's the reason for 8 hours?

id.dav said:

You're not going to last long around here.

I'm sorry to interrupt, but anyone saved screenshots of the very first level of the game?

I'm asking because if we were to follow Romero's mapping rules, the last level you should ever do is the first one, and E1M1 couldn't be any more iconic because it really captured what DOOM was.

id.dav said:

This guy obviously rushed the game and was probably not playing on ultra-violence. You can complete every DOOM game in 8 hours if you rush. If you take it easy and you want to find all secrets, finish all mission challenge and read everything on the codex it will take 12 to 14 hours.

Krimson Madness said:

This guy obviously rushed the game and was probably not playing on ultra-violence. You can complete every DOOM game in 8 hours if you rush. If you take it easy and you want to find all secrets, finish all mission challenge and read everything on the codex it will take 12 to 14 hours.

Actually, if you rush the original games you can complete them in under 3 hours. You can finish the first level in under 30 seconds FFS.

Why the heck does the hour count mean so much to people? I'dunderstand if it was only like 3 hours or something, but come on - This isn't an open world RPG, its a Doom game. With a little skill each Doom can be beaten in a matter of hours. The lesson here is quality over quantity.. But hey, if some people think more automatically means better, power to them to spend their money however they want I guess.