Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaskaum

Doom stream

Almonds said:

holy fuck that has got to be one of the most infuriating piss-inducing gameplays I've seen of this game by far

that guy is downright awful

This comment is rude, but basically true :)

Theres a funny joke, its always the most terrible players that manage to get it before release. It's almost always true.

Anyways, the actual areas he was in looked great for the most part, the hell level especially in the outdoor areas. Enemies look pretty brutal as well, loving the new arch vile.

LittleBurger said:

I didn't really watch that much of it, was he really doing that bad?

Yah, basically. I don't play FPS on console (mostly From stuff, JRPG stuff) that often, and consider myself to basically really suck at console FPS. After this stream, I consider to start a career in eSports on console FPS games.

LittleBurger said:

I didn't really watch that much of it, was he really doing that bad?

Yes, he got killed every two minutes and had no idea how alternate between weapons on the fly, so he kept wasting plasma on weaker enemies and running out of ammo when the stronger ones showed up.

My favorite part was when he blew himself up on the shield enemy with a rocket. But hey, at least we get to see these cool new death animations.

Piper Maru said:

As it happens, I like Painkiller as well. I'm still resisting the urge to watch the Doom stream. How is the gameplay, is the player constantly on the move zipping around the map?

Everything I saw indicates the levels are made for zipping around. The person playing it is just not very good at it. Think the vulkan demo with the lockout room only much bigger and more varied. Thats how most of the (outside) hell levels look like structurally. You can flank, take the highground, drop to the groundfloor and cross underneath paths, take shortcuts, use chokepoints.. Its all there. And the freaking Hellknights will follow you everywhere you go. One of my favorite parts is where the player sort of "loses" a hellknight, climbs up from the bottom floor, tries to cross a small bridge like segment and has the Hellknight jump up in front of him from the floor below. Really fun stuff.

victorboris1 said:

Yes, he got killed every two minutes and had no idea how alternate between weapons on the fly, so he kept wasting plasma on weaker enemies and running out of ammo when the stronger ones showed up.

Without joking, I was sitting in front of the screen saying

"Show me the spider, show me....uhm....stop dying. Okay...show me the spider, show me the....DUDE, stop dying, it's so clear where you have to jump, they even put green lights at where you can jump...okay...show me the Spider, show me the....oh....okay, forget it..."

redrage said:

omg.. I just spotted yet another attack for the Hellknight! How varied are their attacks? A picture says more then a thousand words.

http://i.imgur.com/97AYUfr.jpg

Here is the link with time:

https://youtu.be/HdXVSsnZQ_c?t=3544

^_^

The different attacks are awesome. Same when he fought the Baron. They bring attacks out of nothing.

BTW: to settle the score, please take a look at the Revenants, when they levitate, turn on their lasers, and fire. Those seem to be the same homing missiles (but with a much narrower [is that a word?] homing laser) than in the E3 hell gameplay.

Almonds said:

"Hey demon-bob, they deliverd another one of those crates, and told me to put it on that rock. There is some kind of shotty stuff in it. What's that all about?"

"Don't mind, demon-Joe. I guess it's just decoration. Not like the Doomslayer will be released any time soon, and snipe us with that shooty stuff from that rock"

"Thanks demon-bob, now I truly am relieved!"

Actually the more I'm watching it, the more I'm worried about the actual game. I'm getting bored of this already.

AnonimVio said:

Actually the more I'm watching it, the more I'm worried about the actual game. I'm getting bored of this already.

Sssshhhh....quiet! It's just some who feel like that!

@AnonimVio

It's more because the few people who get to play it seem to have no fucking idea what they're even doing, and are doing it on consoles on top.

I'm so getting this game on PC for a milelong of reasons, and one of those is faster mobility control, more precise and infinitely more accurate aiming, and more graphical options. Also mostly because this game in particular, from what I've been seeing, seems to play like utter shite on PS4/X1.

AnonimVio said:

the opposite for me, it's really like the first two doom, i just want to play it more, the more i see it

i do admit it's lacking something compared to the first two doom, that same thing that make enjoying them endless, it has to do with monsters behaviour probably

the way for example i can blow 5 hell baron after continuous shooting with rpg, or when i kill multiple enemies with the shotgun, even 4 imp, in other word i want more AOE

Stream dips or frame rate dips when returing to Mars??? (on console, of course). Looked rough.

Edit: the exploration parts of the gameplay look ace!!!

What the hell is up with those framerate dips? He stands still, framerate looks low, he switches to automap, everything is buttersmooth (so I doubt it's stream problems).

Don't tell me after all the big mouthing they fucked up framerates on consoles? PLEASE, don't tell me that. It doesn't affect me primarily, but it might affect scores and adaption!

Edit: oh, very positive thing by the way: we revisit maps - as expected. So don't take the number of leaked map names as final. I know the final number has already been mentioned after that first streamed playthrough. Still nice to know that stuff was puzzled together correctly :)

Amph said:

i do admit it's lacking something compared to the first two doom, that same thing that make enjoying them endless, it has to do with monsters behaviour probably

the way for example i can blow 5 hell baron after continuous shooting with rpg, or when i kill multiple enemies with the shotgun, even 4 imp, in other word i want more AOE

I feel you. The monsters in doom1/2 (especially the smaller ones) were almost spongey. It made the weapons feel very satisfying and powerful. In D4 the monsters (even the low tier ones like imps and zombies) seem to need a fair amount of shots and then default to stagger instead of just dying in a satisfying manner. It makes them appear overly tough/the weapons very weak.

With that said:

Ofcourse its hidden behind the perk bs, but hey, at least its there ;) (referring to the bullet penetration)

hardcore_gamer said:

Isn't it illegal to sell copies early?

It should be illegal to die to Cacodemons over and over and over and over and...

On a more serious note:
Is anybody else as afraid as me of what might happen tomorrow in this very forum if the hardcore nitpicker/haters see these videos?

Oh, btw: Revenant jetpack malfunction animation confirmed in final game. As long as with homing missiles. So at least 9/10 to those in doubt?