Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaskaum

Doom stream

One thing I liked more in E3 build is that echo was projected by little drone wich was scanned before....now it's just press a button(

I didn't got to watch the previous streams, but my two cents from the last one is that it embraces more modern game tropes (characters talking to you over the radio, objectives). The gameplay reminds me a bit of wolfenstein TNO, it even has an increase the maximum health powerup. As for the linearity at the very least the foundry level revolves on finding 4 gore nest through the level on this aspect. There wasn't a clear path to find them, instead you had to explore to find them. Also there were a lot of "you can see this powerup, but there is no clear way to get it" moments, kinda like the soul sphere in e1m3. Another nitpick is that levels looked kinda empty.
It looks good to me, but i can see that some folks are not gonna like those new additions

DMPhobos said:

As for the linearity at the very least the foundry level revolves on finding 4 gore nest through the level on this aspect.

Interesting, let's hope so :-)

id.dav said:

One thing I liked more in E3 build is that echo was projected by little drone wich was scanned before....now it's just press a button(

I sort of miss the computers you could interact and move a cursor in Doom 3 (Added a little more immersion in a way).

watstha said:

Kind of ironic considering how many people felt unsure about that specific level back in E3.
Actually, looking back, many things really improved from that build to the final product.

For me based on what we have seen through streams or whatnot, design wise I'd say it goes Foundry, Hell, then Lab area (assuming that is what we saw in the sp stream) on how good they are.

LittleBurger said:

I sort of miss the computers you could interact and move a cursor in Doom 3 (Added a little more immersion in a way).

For me based on what we have seen through streams or whatnot, design wise I'd say it goes Foundry, Hell, then Lab area (assuming that is what we saw in the sp stream) on how good they are.

the game probably ends in hell, but its very likely we go to hell more than once in the campaign, similar to doom 3.

Just a reminder, the game has about 17 levels.
And so far we've only witnessed 4-5 of them at most.
The amount of exploring to accomplish seems great. IMHO The base looks fantastic in terms of design and the general atmosphere. I can see people enjoying the finer details touring through the base after laying waste to the demons.
All the UAC facilities looked great so far.

I remember seeing this concept art and was wondering if you really would have the ability to travel outside the landscape to get to certain areas of the base.
And it seems pretty true so far. The idea of having to enter the base from the outside martian surface, explore everywhere and go back and forth between areas is great.

"This was an early pass on the facility that ultimately became Lazarus. In this instance, it was hidden in a volcanic crater. It would only become visible once you made your way over the crater’s edge before entering the level. This was also an early pass on what the cleaner, scientific building style would look like from an exterior view."

Moon Marin said:

the game probably ends in hell, but its very likely we go to hell more than once in the campaign, similar to doom 3.

I meant how good the design of a type of area looked (based on the types of areas we have seen). Though yeah, Hell will probably be the end area (or at least the end area for doom 4 that leaves it open for a expansion or another doom game).

DooM_RO said:

Actually, if you rush the original games you can complete them in under 3 hours. You can finish the first level in under 30 seconds FFS.

Yeah the fastest i had was with Resident Evil 1 in under 3 hours but normally i don't rush games and i never rushed any DOOM game.

Kaskaum said:

Now it seens banned im not sure.

lol i can still see it because i left the tab opened, i guess you can not ban who already ìwatching the video, didn't know about it

My impression is that the difficult is somehow unbalanced, nightmare showed to be very hard, but ultra violence seems to be easy somehow. In my opinion the current UV should have been the hurt me pl. skill and the new UV should be a bit harder.

Dear Streamer,

please stop dying

sincerely

a concerned stream watcher

tuo said:

Dear Streamer,

please stop dying

sincerely

a concerned stream watcher

It will be fun to see streams on nightmare.

it's like a lot of these ppl who got these early copies never played a video game in their lives or have any kind of basic problem solving skills.

Wow the ammo and Chainsaw gas are really scarce, i think this is the reason why we really need the Chainsaw.

Also, streamer got glory killed by zombie! :D

Chickensoup101 said:

Also, streamer got glory killed by zombie! :D

It's another Death animation, each monster has it's own, It isn't a glory kill .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It's another Death animation, each monster has it's own, It isn't a glory kill .

From the zombie's perspective, it is a glory kill.

Am I the only one who only gets sound plus what looks like a disconnect icon from the PS4?

tuo said:

Am I the only one who only gets sound plus what looks like a disconnect icon from the PS4?

This ?
edit : worx now

Aaaand...it's gone!

Update: Aaaaand, it's back! (in much better quality also!)

Damn, that game looks good on consoles already, what will it look like in 4k or in that "Ultra Nightmare Quality" mode? I didn't get such a positive impression regarding graphics quality from basically all official streams. Way to go, Bethesda/id.

Now it's off line, it was banned. What I have seen - I must admit I like a lot. Great level design even if I see only late part of ResOps and some exploration of Foundry.