Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyWizard

Doomguy theory for the game.

Alright so this might be a bit hamfisted and covering a few spoilers I think, but going on with interdimensional travel in Doom mythos let's go with that there's one Hell. So far it's been hinted that the player character is a Doom marine is from hell either being captured, or trapped there but has survived other encounters with Hell. The UAC comes and finds him and goes all science-y and experiment-y on his ass before the demons show up.

My theory is that the Doom Marine is the same from the originals, and Doom 64 due to the choice to stay in hell after blowing the Motherdemon to bits. I'm going off that there is a possibility that there's a different UAC in some other dimension that is much more corrupt and evil than the UAC we're familiar with, and what ends up happening is that Doomguy suddenly has to relive the hell on Mars, again, but on a different Mars in another dimension.

So there's my theory on the Doomguy for the game.

Where's my tinfoil hat?

We used to have a speculation thread, where random theories could be posted. I figured we wouldn't need one this close to release, but they do seem to be multiplying.

I've seen this idea a few times lately. Am I missing something? I haven't seen anything substantial to suggest that. And anyway, it was my understanding that, for Doom 64, Midway/Williams/whichever licensed the engine and the IP from Id and developed all the content themselves, so that seems unlikely. I can't imagine the developers being interested in preserving continuity with an obscure/semi-official spinoff title.

Also,

Preliatus said:

Where's my tinfoil hat?

Here ya go.

I'll nevnderstand this tinfoil hat thing.

Anyways...

The way Samuel says "you've returned" must meant new about Doomguy and his battles against Hell all along, possibly meaning that the UAC also knew.
But why the evil laugh IDK.
And how Doomguy is the "only flesh and blood"to travel both dimensions and live, surely must prove that Samuel or/and the UAC have a history record of Doomguy somewhere.
If we take Doom, Doom 2 and Doom 64, it makes sense in a way: Doomguy fights for humanity on Phobos, then on Deimos, then in Hell, then on Earth, then again in Hell, then back in the abandoned moon bases, then once again in Hell. If i'm correct and Doomguy in Doom 64 stays in Hell in the end, then Doom 2016 might fit as the sequel to Doom 64, cause it is shown that Doomguy arises in a tomb from Hell.

Im glad Doomguy is still human, albeit a powerful one, not some humanoid creature.

Voros said:

I'll nevnderstand this tinfoil hat thing.

Traditionally conspiracy theorists are depicted as wearing tinfoil hats so the aliens can't listen in to their thoughts. It's honestly a pretty antiquated expression but it seems to be back full force these days.

Also I find all these theories to be kind of funny. As curious as I've been about whatever small story will be present, I suppose I can see why people like to theorise, but all our questions will be answered in just a few days now.

There's been so many theories about Doomguy that I lose brain cells each time.

Still, I'm sticking with the DOOM 64 thing. But we'll ALL find out when May 13th arrives.