Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Angry Video Game Nerd and Mike play Doom E1

I guess with that new Doom game coming out soon, you've got more and more replaying Doom again. This video's kinda interesting to watch. They're playing the BFG Edition of Doom 3 that came with Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. It would have been really interesting if they had played Coop or Deathmatch with it (I'm not sure if you could play split screen on the XBox 360 version of this).

Nice. It looks like these guys haven't touched Doom in a long time though. I want to see them take on the Cyberdemon.

I really love those guys commenting: "Shoot him in the ass!"; "Let's cut some motherfuckers up with this!"; "Got some ass shit!". That's really amazing!
I also like how James calls barrels oil drums.

ChekaAgent said:

I also like how James calls barrels oil drums.

I question what kind of weird part of the world James is from where oil is nuclear green. XD

^^Pretty much like keyboard-only controls.. it's kind of difficult to play that kinda game without mouse, i admit..

ChekaAgent said:

^^Pretty much like keyboard-only controls.. it's kind of difficult to play that kinda game without mouse, i admit..

Ditto. I didn't use a mouse until FPS games had vertical movements.

I wish I'd known about being able to map keyboard settings in the setup menu when I played as a kid. Being able to aim with the mouse and move with WADS would have been SO useful back when I was a kid. When I went back to Dosbox and tried it with remapped keys to WADS and mouse and it was much better. I don't like that moving the mouse forward makes you go forward but I can get around it by moving constantly. I straight up can't do certain PWADs (And even Final Doom) without mouse aiming, though, it's just too frustrating having hitscanners positioned where the auto-aim is hit and miss.

Except that you wouldn't have been able to aim back then, that wasn't implemented until the source port days in the late 90s...

I probably should have clarified that I was no longer talking about Vanilla Doom at that point. These days, I have to have mouse aim and, apparently, it's a legitimate function that Romero actually said he likes seeing in source ports, the only reason it wasn't in Vanilla Doom was that, at the time, it was considered too advanced a technique. We take it for granted now but, back then, I guess they thought not having to worry about vertical aim would make it easier.

Yeah, 360 doom pretty much plays like keyboard only doom, actually a bit better cause you get better precision with the analog than the directional keys, its fine really. Most fps games are 100% better on pc but classic doom isnt the case.

I'm physically incapable of watching people who aren't good at Doom play casually.

Oh well, I always like to see Doom get good exposure.

heh. they play the game rather terrible, but i guess they haven't played the game that much recently. at least they didn't die anywhere and the video was edited so it's not really tedious at all (no E1M9, but oddly enough they cut out the entirety of E1M2 for some reason?)

if anyone's interested, looks like they're gonna do the rest of the episodes, and then move on to Doom 2 afterwards. i wonder how they'll handle Thy Flesh Consumed. :p

That gameplay made me realize how much time has passed since i stopped playing anything but ultra violence.

What a goddamn joke. If you're gonna play, use keyboard and mouse.

Glaice said:

Do they make those for Xbox?

Glaice said:

Yeah Its such a shame people play differently from others.

Glaice said:

I think you've made yourself clear in virtually any other thread that brings up a controller. But hey, your post counts thanks you for complaining one more time.

ABRACADABRA said:

it's strange that they act like teens and not like motherfucking gaming killing machines

It's strange that they do a fun video expressing nothing but praise and enthusiasm for Doom, but we still have all the bitching and aimless nerd rage going on too.

Quasar said:

It's strange that they do a fun video expressing nothing but praise and enthusiasm for Doom, but we still have all the bitching and aimless nerd rage going on too.

lol, I'm not bitching at all. it's just seems strange that two nerds play a game like it's their first time

ABRACADABRA said:

lol, I'm not bitching at all. it's just seems strange that two nerds play a game like it's their first time

That's what happens when you haven't played a game in forever. Believe it or not, there are people who grew up on Doom and are fond of it that don't compulsively play it to the point that they know every single line of the game's source code. This shouldn't be some kind of exclusive "You must know THIS much about Doom and play it this often before I'll deem you worthy of liking it" club.

MetroidJunkie said:

That's what happens when you haven't played a game in forever. Believe it or not, there are people who grew up on Doom and are fond of it that don't compulsively play it to the point that they know every single line of the game's source code. This shouldn't be some kind of exclusive "You must know THIS much about Doom and play it this often before I'll deem you worthy of liking it" club.

stop that bullshit, I'm not bitching, I'm not a doom fanboy and I did not said that everyone should know the game as the back of his hand. I said that James and Mike are both hardcore gamers and adults but acts strangelly. vocalizing everything, laughing of imp that didn't seen 'em. that kind of stuff

ABRACADABRA said:

I said that James and Mike are both hardcore gamers and adults but acts strangelly. vocalizing everything, laughing of imp that didn't seen 'em. that kind of stuff

They're just genuinely having fun, and i find it ok that they act a bit emotional; in fact, i really like some of the comments they make.

Nowhere in my post did I say you were "bitching", I'm saying chill out. Not everyone has to play Doom completely seriously, they're playing very casually and being themselves. They're not playing it to impress the Doom community, they're entertainers.

MetroidJunkie said:

Nowhere in my post did I say you were "bitching", I'm saying chill out. Not everyone has to play Doom completely seriously, they're playing very casually and being themselves. They're not playing it to impress the Doom community, they're entertainers.

um. you seem to misunderstood me. I like the video, I'm not angry or whatever, it was just an observation. it's surprising that gamers with such a giant gaming history still find something surprising in the games.

ABRACADABRA said:

um. you seem to misunderstood me. I like the video, I'm not angry or whatever, it was just an observation. it's surprising that gamers with such a giant gaming history still find something surprising in the games.

I am pretty sure they communicate like this to entertain. A killing machine is boring to watch/listen for most people.