Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrSkeltal

HeckRealm [Vanilla UD Map]

WARNING: BAD MAP AHEAD!!!!!

Made this in two days and decided to release it instead of letting it fester like my other 15+ unreleased maps. Originally it was a bit more ambitious but I had to cut down some detail in a few areas due to vanilla limitations.
Tested in Doom.exe and Chocolate Doom, so it should work with everything.
Replaces E3M1 in Ultimate Doom. Difficulty settings are supported.

SCREENSHOTS:

WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THIS MASTERPIECE
Here!!!!!

I was killed by a crusher

Then I was killed by another crusher

Haven't played a third time yet but I think I know what the outcome will be, lol

From the screenshots doesn't look that awful as you described, but that sp_face1 wall in the second shot looks too tall for vanilla...

It`s actually not bad at all, it had a cool layout with a few interesting looking places here and there. Good thing I read about those crushers, or else I would have been dead very quickly. Could have needed a few more health pickups though, I was low on health a lot. Other than that, I liked it.

FDA, guess what killed me, a death trap - those suck, IMO (even though I could have had time to escape it). I also didn't like how frequently there were switches that did some-unknown-thing some-unknown-where. The map's vanilla-like (in fact Heretic-like) style was OK, simple / easy yet satisfying to look at / to play. Nothing particularly awesome or offensive either, aside from the traps.

Pretty nice oldschool map. I got caught by the first crusher on my first play.

Interesting and atmospheric level. I like the scale and everything. I applaud you for being bold enough to include death traps in your maps. I hope we'll see more cool ideas like this from you in the future.

The main download has been updated!!!!!!!!!!!1 There's no significant changes to the map's geometry other than some minor texture alignments and fixes. The crusher in the area with the yellow key should now activate earlier and has been raised slightly giving more time to react. Same with the other one guarding the Soulsphere, but that one's not so lenient considering the texture changes in there should give away that something is up.
Other than that I added a few enemies to an area that felt too barren and balanced ammo/health pick-ups for difficulties a bit more.

Unless there's some bugs that remain, I think the map is pretty much finished and I don't think I'll be making more changes to it.*

* Famous last words.