Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Retribution: Part I (First ever WAD COMPLETE!)

plums said:

Can you put up a link to the fixed version? I'd be up for playing this.

The one in the OP is the correct one.

I managed to play through this. I found like 10/18 secrets.

Apart from what I've already said most enemy encounters are fairly bland and repetitive. It felt like that every time I saw an enemy he had like 20 friends with him and they were all of the same type.

Most encounter could also be solved by just backpedaling to the nearest door and funnel enemies to it. I liked the cyber demon arena because it locked you in with a dangerous enemy while you have zig zig past pinkies. I also liked the encounter near start of the map were you meet lots of imps and shotgunners at a cliffside. The pinkies giving you anal you when you try to backpedal was fun.

Played the map finally, here's a 1h demo for PrB+ if you want to watch, nbd if not.
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1611196

I liked it even though it was pretty easy. The interconnectedness of the layout and multitude of secrets areas were cool. There were maybe too many powerful items in secrets, unless you're expecting people to find most of them. Also a lot of secret doors were visible on the automap, in case you care about such a thing. (I think I would have found a lot less had they not been.)

One thing about the difficulty is that because a lot of areas are easy, it makes the harder areas easier too, since you can stockpile supplies for before/after those big fights.

Also despite having 700+ monsters the enemy density was quite thin at times. A lot of areas where you just get a steady trickle of enemies in front of you to shoot down. Especially those pinkes, as rdwpa said, they're mostly just berserk-fodder a lot of the time. Mind you I had no problems with this, but if you're looking to make things more difficult, simply "more enemies" would help to an extent, especially if they come from different directions or angles.

A few minor visual bugs, nothing serious. Plus some lifts in the area with the switch to the 2nd BFG were use-once only it seems, but it didn't really affect me.