Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pure Hellspawn

Doom 2 Memorial WAD with other megawads

I'm curious as if it were possible to do a "Memorial" like set for other megawads such as AV, Speed of Doom etc. I thought the concept was very cool seeing the maps connect with each other.

Probably won't work with stuff like Alien Vendetta due to the maps being too large and using too many linedefs. There are some static limits that you can't break in most source ports. I don't know, maybe in ZDoom you can do more with the UDMF format.

I thought once of the idea of a megawad divided into a bunch of mini episodes that would each be themed like the classic megawads. Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed 2, Requiem, Memento Mori, etc.

I think it's possible, but making it with the intent of redistributing it may not be a good idea, especially with the older ones, where it is very hard to get permission from the authors (for example).

Besides, I remember once counting the total number of monsters in some classic megawads, and I recall some of them (like AV, HR, etc.) having about 8,000-12,000 monsters, so in case it's done, some of them will probably have to be split into several maps (like in Holy Hell) to make them playable on most PCs.