• Chasm: The rift
    • Quake 1 + Malice
    • NMNCorp Complete
    • Powerslave
    • UAC Ultra
    • Darkening E2
    • AVP 2

Libor_john66 said:

Is there still free map slot? I think Im pretty good mapper, and I would love to join project like this..

Yes, there are still free slots. Read my previous post for the reservations list.

Let me get whatever slot is left now. I've started making a map for this.

^^ So, are you going for 160 things or mapslot x10 = monster count? For the latter, the free slots are as follows. There's still a decent amount of space.

Egregor said:

Let me get whatever slot is left now. I've started making a map for this.

You should read through the thread first my friend.

Marcaek said:

ALSO a note don't start mapping until June starts because I am reorganizing the quake resource for user-friendliness: texture names will change!

rdwpa said:

Crap, I had this idea for a cool hallway with 39 barons and 120 particle fountains.

well maybe some exceptions could be made as long as theyre stealth barons

It's been a while since I last joined a community project, so I'll take slot 20. Let's see if my skills are still there.

With that I'm closing reservations. I'm comfortable enough at this point but I will mention that given the high volume of reservations EVEN after reducing the limit, and after accounting for possible dropouts, there is a non-zero chance of weak submissions being moved to 33+ and a 160 map being put in its place.

AD_79 said:

Yes, there are still free slots. Read my previous post for the reservations list.

So, I'd like map 18, seems still free.. is it okay?

AD_79 said:

uhhh i'll pencil you in for map22, would you be fine with this?

Yeah, it's fine. And I can swap places if needed, as long it is after map20.

Marcaek said:

With that I'm closing reservations.

Best to simply close the thread I think, just in case more people don't feel like reading.

In all honesty, a mapset full of Quake stuff (even if it gets mixed with something else) is something I wouldn't want to miss. Yet, I was never aware of R667's version of the texture pack, to my shame. That's going to be quite an overdose.

Yeah, I will go with a 160 things map... actually is what I was thinking from the beginning...

I'll claim map 23 with monster count x 10, boom format. 23 x 10 = 230 monsters (or less?)

Just to be sure, which is the deadline for this project?

EDIT: I have a problem with the Malice texture pack. I'm creating a map using only it, and zdoom gives me the error:

Execution could not continue.
Bad texture directory

Almost ready to post the thread. The resource has some issues i'll have to address during the mapping period, such as fixing the colormap, tweaking the palette and making switches\animations work. It should be usable in the meantime though.

Reservations were closed a few posts back, but maps 31 and 32 don't have reservations. I'm gonna take 32 unless anyone else wants to.