Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMGUY_GODMODE

Why does everyone hate DOOM?

DOOM is a great game i don't know what all the fuss is about.
No game ever made is perfect. I played the alpha, close beta and open beta there were no problems
with the game it played just like doom.
And i'm sure the campaign is going to be amazing especially snapmap
multiplayer is great too.

God, no one here actually hates it. Christ. Was it this bad when Doom 3 was big? 'Cause I really can't remember this amount of sensitivity.

I don't think everyone hates doom though, (at least based on this forum) you have a mix of people thinking it will be the best thing ever, others being skeptical, some hating various parts of it (likely a mechanic/mode of the game), while others may be optimistic yet skeptical to a degree about it.

When Doom 3 came out it got some hate but overall I remember most people liked it. Was popular for a while, then faded into obscurity. Doom 2016 will be exactly the same I'm guessing.

Quake 3, the gold standard of arena shooters, caught a sizable amount of flak when it was released.

This still a thing?

Watch the Developer's Steams and decide for yourself. You will see it's not a game to hate, only a matter of preference. The only hate Doom truly received was from ignorant twats that nest in Steam.

DOOMGUY_GODMODE said:

Why does everyone hate DOOM?

Because hating on popular things is cool, really..

Other than these weirdos on the internet getting their panties in a bunch everyone I know is excited, Hell I'v got a vacation day and will be making snacks for the release. It's like the super bowl for me.

ChekaAgent said:

Because hating on popular things is cool, really..

At this point, I honestly believe that whenever something good/cool/popular comes out, the people that go out of their way to hate on it are doing it just to be contrarians and are just trying to get attention because they don't get any from another source. I have elected to ignore these people.

MrGlide said:

I'v got a vacation day and will be making snacks for the release. It's like the super bowl for me.

I didn't take the full day off, so I envy you. But you better believe I am blowing some of my vacation time to get off work early. I really like your idea and will probably do something similar.

Ed said:

Quake 3, the gold standard of arena shooters, caught a sizable amount of flak when it was released.

Yep, I remember this. People were like "It's too fast and chaotic how do I play it?".

And Doom 3 was completely obliterated by Half-Life 2 in every popularity contest. Funny since it aged much better and is great old-school shooter now while HL2 is like a progenitor of modern Call of Duty singleplayer campaigns which everyone are sick from.

Why do they hate it ? because they're Halo fans who don't want their game to be copied or Quake fans who were disappointed because Rocket and Strafe Jumping were missing .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Why do they hate it ? because they're Halo fans who don't want their game to be copied or Quake fans who were disappointed because Rocket and Strafe Jumping were missing .

Mostly the latter. Halo fans seem to dig new Doom after the disappointing Halo 5.

Orchid87 said:

Yep, I remember this. People were like "It's too fast and chaotic how do I play it?".

And Doom 3 was completely obliterated by Half-Life 2 in every popularity contest. Funny since it aged much better and is great old-school shooter now while HL2 is like a progenitor of modern Call of Duty singleplayer campaigns which everyone are sick from.

That a good joke there bro because Half-Life 2's visuals have aged much better than Doom 3's and its campaign was significantly better too. Plenty of people cite Half-Life 2 as their favourite game of all time while Doom 3 is all but forgotten.

rileymartin said:

That a good joke there bro because Half-Life 2's visuals have aged much better than Doom 3's

I'd say all visual aspects in doom 3 except character models were better than the ones in hl2

but yea hl2 has aged way better in every other aspect

mistercow said:

I'd say all visual aspects in doom 3 except character models were better than the ones in hl2

In my opinion, graphics from HL2 and D3 were equally good for their time, however HL2 had many cool-looking outdoor areas, which D3 almost didn't have, while D3 had very cool dynamic lighting and shadows, and overall environment in D3 looked much more dynamic. I guess it's a tie, but many people prefer HL2 over D3 because Gaben.

Hating Doom is hip. Same go's for COD. Hating Call of Duty is a good thing but not for the reasons you hear every time, for example: Same game every year, slight improvements en so on. People hate Doom because of the influences of Call Of Duty and Halo, not because the MP sucks.

ChekaAgent said:

In my opinion, graphics from HL2 and D3 were equally good for their time, however HL2 had many cool-looking outdoor areas, which D3 almost didn't have, while D3 had very cool dynamic lighting and shadows, and overall environment in D3 looked much more dynamic. I guess it's a tie, but many people prefer HL2 over D3 because Gaben.

No, Source is much more enhanced :P

Soooo many camplainers and so much drama in this forum. I'm new here but holy fuck. Most of the guys here are pretty awesome and know their Doom stuff! But there are a lot and I mean A LOT of drama queens and cry babies as well. .Jesus! Some people simply like to complain I guess. The game isn't even out yet.

Enforcer said:

Soooo many camplainers and so much drama in this forum.

You mean ... Like every forum ?

rileymartin said:

That a good joke there bro because Half-Life 2's visuals have aged much better than Doom 3's and its campaign was significantly better too.

You kidding right? Half-Life 2 visuals were not very good in 2004 save for some nice character models and facial animations and they look completely horrible now. The environments themselves are especially boxy and low detail. Not any better than maps from 2001 Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Doom 3 lighting can still look spectacular and its environments have much more curves and details.

On the campaign - it's a matter of taste. Call of Duty like cinematic stuff vs old school shooter with Resident Evil like horror elements.

I Found HL2 Quality fine, especially after i played EP1, the environments were colorful and looked very cool with all the realistic shadows and lights there , i couldn't even notice the low def textures .

Most people here don't actually hate DOOM. They're merely judging the entire game based on their impressions of the multiplayer beta.

DOOMGUY_GODMODE said:

DOOM is a great game i don't know what all the fuss is about.
No game ever made is perfect. I played the alpha, close beta and open beta there were no problems
with the game it played just like doom.
And i'm sure the campaign is going to be amazing especially snapmap
multiplayer is great too.

YES I HATE NEW DOOM! Hate! Hate! Hate !Hate! Hate! Hate!
Now you can HATE me!
Seriously what a useless topic.

id.dav said:

YES I HATE NEW DOOM! Hate! Hate! Hate !Hate! Hate! Hate!
Now you can HATE me!
Seriously what a useless topic.

I love reading your shitposts Man .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I love reading your shitposts Man .

Well thank you SWEETY!;)

DOOMGUY_GODMODE said:

nope i'm pretty sure people hate it.
it's not the best game but it's good.

Yes mate! I will now reveal you a HORRIBLE truth - EVERYBODY HATES this game, exept you! Even demons do not like new doom, so I can already predict Doom sales - 1 copy and that's gonna be yours!