Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RUSH

So the new CoD trailer is the 4th most disliked video on all of Youtube...

I honestly don't see why CoD4 is the best, and it has all the gameplay mechanics I have never liked from modern shooters which have continued on through all the later games, and a few of these gameplay mechanics started with CoD2.

The only early CoD which I have even remotely enjoyed was Finest Hour, but sadly it was console only and that was back in my console playing days.

Avoozl said:

I honestly don't see why CoD4 is the best, and it has all the gameplay mechanics I have never liked from modern shooters which have continued on through all the later games, and a few of these gameplay mechanics started with CoD2.

I don't think CoD4 is exactly the best (one of the best, tho), but it was really innovative for it's time and enjoyable. The campaign had a quite interesting plot with some crazy twists, but the most memorable thing was the multiplayer. Multiplayer is exactly what made the game so popular, imo.
And i really liked CoD4 for it's design and aesthetics. It doesnt look like typical forgetable modern shooter, instead it looked really dark and had it's own unique atmosphere. (missions in Pripyat come to mind)
But i agree that some of the mechanics were annoying (never liked health regen system and quick-time events)

The only early CoD which I have even remotely enjoyed was Finest Hour, but sadly it was console only and that was back in my console playing days.

Never had a chance to play that one, but i know it has a ton of cool easter eggs and that's why i like it. (i just like easter eggs)

Personally, my favourite CoD is either CoD1 (because memories - it was one of the first games i've ever played) or CoD: World at War (it's like CoD4, but in WWII, and it introduced more cool stuff (zombie mode, for example)).

People say Finest Hour was just CoD1 ported to console, but it differed quite a lot, it felt like a better more updated version of CoD1 to me.

Only a few months ago I found out about Hidden and Dangerous 2 which predates CoD1, I honestly found it a much more enjoyable WWII based game which focuses more on strategy than plain full on action, it was a bit more realistic and you could die in just a few shots. The characters had special abilities such as picking locks, using stealth, cutting wire fences, etc. You could loot corpses for ammo, guns and grenades, you could even make your enemy surrender and disguise yourself with their uniform.

I have a feeling that a lot of those dislikes aren't because of the game itself, but are because the the CoD4 remaster (that a lot of people [myself included] want to play really badly) is only available if you buy the deluxe edition of Infinite Warfare.

As someone who was a console pleb up until 2 years ago, I can understand the hate.

CoD has simply gotten boring. Yep.

When the first (at the time, next gen) CoD released, CoD4 was a smash hit. It's multi-player hadn't been done before, the perks, gun customization, maps etc were considered great. However, fast forward nearly 10 years and the basics have very little changed. All they have done is added gimmicks or for future tech. While the series is desperate enough to rip off other games (that exo suit crap was such a Titan fall copy it was actually sad to see) the balance in MP since world at war has been atrocious. Not to mention the hilariously over priced DLC. At least Battlefield has the decency to give a shit ton for the money, rather than CoDes 3 MP maps and 1 map for a game mode hardly anyone plays, such as zombies.
People might say "but battlefield has not changed!" The core of it, no, but the settings are realistic and actually remind people of the old CoD - boots on ground with hundreds of other grunts, not super advanced spec ops in small 4 man teams with silly hi tech shit that makes NO SENSE.

I legitimately think CoD will whither away ONLY if Dice learns from the BF4 launch fiasco. If the game is near as damn perfect at launch, I think the CoD franchise might just end. Not immediately, but you will see more desperate shit before its eventually killed off.

FreddBoy said:

As someone who was a console pleb up until 2 years ago, I can understand the hate.

CoD has simply gotten boring. Yep.

The balance in MP since world at war has been atrocious. Not to mention the hilariously over priced DLC. At least Battlefield has the decency to give a shit ton for the money, rather than CoDes 3 MP maps and 1 map for a game mode hardly anyone plays, such as zombies.
People might say "but battlefield has not changed!" The core of it, no, but the settings are realistic and actually remind people of the old CoD - boots on ground with hundreds of other grunts, not super advanced spec ops in small 4 man teams with silly hi tech shit that makes NO SENSE.

I couldn't agree more with this, the MP especially which now is filled with aimbotters, wallhackers, campers and those retarded quickscopers, knifers, noob tubers and op gun users with near perfect accuracy and damage, i despise them all, they can't do shit without snipers, gl attachments, the lame melee attack, thier stupid near perfect accuracy guns, whigh dmg smgs or camping.

I'm getting to this point where I really just don't even care about CoD.

I don't have any reason to hate the games. I just don't like them.

The only times I've ever played them and had an enjoyable time was with friends with splitscreen multiplayer.

Is just conveyor. After MW2 I have no reason to play it, I can't understand why most people still waiting and buying new CoD games.