Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Lord of the ring.Wad

I have an idea, but for me it will be hard to create this WAD, but I can send some ideas. To create this WAD, need many creators and Hax knowlege (Or not?).

About this WAD: Single player run on this WAD and need pass. This map will look like Lord of the ring. In some level player need survive (quest), kill all monsters bevore he come to next the stuf, some like normal map (From begin to end).

Here are name of map and quest ideas:

1. From Shire to Bree (run to end)
2. Hill of Weathertop (Defense)
3. Run to Rivendell
4. Moria Part I (Defense and kill all enemies)
5. Moria Part II (Defense and survive - Balrog)
6. Amon Hen - Defend Uruk Hai
7. Helms Deep part I (Defense right side)
8. Helms Deep Part II (Defense Middle)
9. Helms Deep Part III (Run outside and survive)
10. Isengard (kill all enemies)
11. Paths of the Dead (Cave on mountain - death king)
12. Emyn Arnen (Defense and kill all enemys - timing)
13. Minas Tirith Part I (Kill all enemys on Wall)
14. Minas Tirith Part II (Kill all enemys in city)
15. Minas Tirith Part III (Kill all enemys outside gondor)
16. Minas Morgul
17. Kankra - Cave of spider
18. Tower of Cirith Ungol
19. Mordor (Defense - timing)

If someone have idea, then he can post here :)

yaqxsw, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

They're taking the demons to Isengard!

I do think the idea of a LotR set is interesting!

AD_79 said:

They're taking the demons to Isengard!

I do think the idea of a LotR set is interesting!

Might as well check DTS-T for some inspiration. Right?? >:)

Death Egg said:

Also check out Deus Vult 2, there's a Lord of the Rings inspired map in there.

And Deus Vult 1 while you're at it. Heck, the last map has Sauron as the Icon of Sin.

Also check out Deus Vult 2, there's a Lord of the Rings inspired map in there.

And Deus Vult 1 while you're at it. Heck, the last map has Sauron as the Icon of Sin.

I know Deus Vult I and II, this author inspirated LotR. But he build map not so like LotR, some he can make better for example Minas morgul.

Ok, now at first I need concetrate to get accept for my first WAD on Doomworld idgames.

At moment I want create level "Moria" and I have did 5% of map (beginning). On middle juni I will get more time and hope finishing this map soon as I can.

If you have some ideas about LotR, you can post here :)

Just so you know, the people who "own" LOTR license are a pretty sue-happy bunch. Iron Crown Enterprises (one of the oldest pen & paper RPG outfits still in business) once went bankrupt due to some licensing shenanigans. This happened in the 90's, and they've since recovered, but it left some scars, and few in tabletop RPG biz would touch LOTR with a 10-foot pole now.
Just keep in mind that if you do this project, it'll have to remain "underground" for many decades to come.
You could just as easily do stuff based on old pulp stuff like Conan, etc. which isn't any longer copyrighted.

testing, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.(edit)are there more things like this, I was going to quote you scifista asking how many times you've said that, then saw the newproject things. I'm sorry what are those called anyway?