Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arclite

Doom Honest Trailer (Smosh Games)

Not sure if it has been posted on here yet (if so, then forgive me), but Smosh Games finally did an honest game trailer for Doom, obviously since the new Doom's release is 3 days away.

Guest Unregistered account

I always thought Plutonia was overloaded with Rocket Sans.

[EDIT]: Honestly, I thought it was good. Better than I expected, at least. There are some neat references, and less nitpicks than most games in the Honest Trailers series. They had to make that "Doom '16 is Halo" joke, though. Lol

He forgot to mention that, if you die and restart the level, you LOSE all your weapons except the pistol. Unless he's talking about source ports that auto-save. XD

Hah, I actually enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I would. I chuckled at the part about humping walls for secrets, and the poor parts of predictable monster closets of Doom 3.

Doom 2016 Honest Trailer.

Thats what I want.

Loves the trailer, really makes the haters seem stupid.

Heh, this was actually pretty funny.

"Doom talk to me or my son ever again" 10/10

Jaxxoon R said:

"In an era dominated by cartoonish mascots."
[shows picture of photorealistic dolphin]

Having the main character be a dolphin that can attack creatures by ramming into them and singing to interact with things and jumping out of the water to catch air where you can also do a flip sounds like a cartoonish mascot to me.

Obsidian said:

The Undertale references feel a bit forced. :/

Very true. The only part that I don't like from the video was the Cyberdemon. And the revenant should be Rocket Papyrus or Freaking Spagetti Monster if they wanted to apply Undertale reference. Still, the other part of video is fun to watch.

wheresthebeef said:

Having the main character be a dolphin that can attack creatures by ramming into them and singing to interact with things and jumping out of the water to catch air where you can also do a flip sounds like a cartoonish mascot to me.

Except that's literally everything a realass dolphin does, they're even known to ram sharks in the stomach until their fuckin organs rupture.

Jaxxoon R said:

Except that's literally everything a realass dolphin does, they're even known to ram sharks in the stomach until their fuckin organs rupture.

Found the Echo fan in the forum!

I wouldn't say that was very representative (read honest) of how Doom plays:

Forced to restart levels from the start?
Impossible to read automap?
Huge levels?
Nintendo hard gameplay?

Lies!!

purist said:

I wouldn't say that was very representative (read honest) of how Doom plays:

Forced to restart levels from the start?
Impossible to read automap?
Huge levels?
Nintendo hard gameplay?

Lies!!

while the first one gets rendered moot with source-ports and autosaves, the second one is definitely true in the original engine: i can't figure out shit with the original automap colors. and the latter two could be applied to community megawads, which recently DOES ring those points true, like the newly released Ancient Aliens.

i agree the original levels aren't exactly big or difficult anymore, but that's cuz i've grown accustomed to them at this point.

everennui said:

Found the Echo fan in the forum!

More like, "found someone that actually knows animal behavior."

In the end, I only brought it up because I found it funny and assumed that the realistic image of a dolphin appearing at the mention of cartoon mascots was simply the joke.

Jaxxoon R said:

More like, "found someone that actually knows animal behavior."

In the end, I only brought it up because I found it funny and assumed that the realistic image of a dolphin appearing at the mention of cartoon mascots was simply the joke.

I think he meant in the sense that they're whimsical kid friendly mascots, contrasting Doom's gritty bloody gory (Satanic at times because it's Hell) style.

Honest Trailers are pretty rad. This one was mostly great, but I feel like the way they incorporated Doom 3 footage was a touch unbalanced.

I like these lol videos.

Now would be nice to see HISHE make one for Doom.
Those guys rock!

Doomhuntress said:

while the first one gets rendered moot with source-ports and autosaves...

...or even with the save function included in the original .exe