Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i cannot get nimrod to work and yes i have legacy 1.32 and it still will not work...does ne one have some ideas to help me out b/c im totally retarded on what to do to get this to work!!!

Create a shortcut to legacy, select properties, select the target and add -file nimrod.wad then press ok, then use the shortcut, see if that works.

InfraRed said:

didnt work Y_Y it loaded with zdoom when i did it

Are you SURE you have legacy? legacy.exe is kinda hard to get mixed up with zdoom.exe...

The problem I have with Nimrod on Legacy 1.32 is I keep getting those strange 'segment violation' errors, and they always seem to occur on certain parts of the map. The first one I ran across was on map 2 around that room where you need the hacking device to open the door. Then from about the end of map 2 onward, just about every time I save the game, it ends up corrupted.

InfraRed said:
didnt work Y_Y it loaded with zdoom when i did it and i got 3472 errors Y_Y..

You are using the WRONG SOURCE PORT. Nimrod is designed to run on DOOM LEGACY.

bigbadgangsta said:

Create a shortcut to legacy, select properties, select the target and add -file nimrod.wad then press ok, then use the shortcut, see if that works.

InfraRed said:

didnt work Y_Y it loaded with zdoom when i did it and i got 3472 errors Y_Y..

[friendly, meaning no offence]WTF? How the hell can a shortcut to Legacy load ZDoom?![/friendly, etc.] Just load the DOS shell and type:
c: (or whatever drive it's on)
cd\doom (or whatever directory Legacy's in)
legacy -file nimrod.wad (assuming the wad file is in the same directory as Legacy)

edit: pretend I didn't say the first two sentences of that, otherwise my post about looking smug doesn't work, since InfraRed is telling me to GTH too.

i didnt load it with zdoom...the legacy shortcut made it load with zdoom its all fuct up and when i tried to use "open with" legacy, it would simply load up the doom2.wad...

InfraRed said:

the legacy shortcut made it load with zdoom

^ read my post, above ^

People who don't know how to use start->run don't deserve to play Nimrod.

I know how to use Start --> Run, but I prefer using the DOS prompt. I have it loaded all the time and use it instead of my desktop.

Put nimrod.wad in the same directory as Legacy. Start LAUNCHER.EXE. Set it up if it asks. Otherwise click GAME MODE and tell it where you legacy.exe and doom2.wad is. Click OKAY. Now click SINGLE MAP, tick the box next to ADDITIONAL FILES, click the + button and click on nimrod.wad. Just incase tick the box next to ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and write

-nocheckwadversion

Now up top make sure it's at the difficulty you want and starting on MAP01. At the bottom hit OKAY.

If that doesn't work, give up. I'm not sure what else to say. :-)

using it through dos worked so evrythings cool....thx to the ppl who contributed....GTH to the ppl who made derrogatory comments =Þ

heh

For the first time ever, I used Legacy, just for this wad. It has some fetures I liked over zdoom (bullet marks & bloodstains on walls), and some it lacked (small screen, wouldn't remember my settings)

anyways, back to Nimrod. It's a pretty good mod, except for the fact that it keeps crashing on me.

InfraRed said:

using it through dos worked so evrythings cool....thx to the ppl who contributed....GTH to the ppl who made derrogatory comments =Þ

/me looks smugly at NiGHTMARE :p
DOS kicks the Start Menu's ass!

Insomniac said:

For the first time ever, I used Legacy, just for this wad. It has some fetures I liked over zdoom (bullet marks & bloodstains on walls), and some it lacked (small screen, wouldn't remember my settings)

I agree with what you like about Legacy over ZDoom, but I never noticed the small screen thing, and it always seems to save my settings. Also, I like the split screen feature in Legacy, but I still prefer ZDoom for some reason.

Insomniac said:

anyways, back to Nimrod. It's a pretty good mod, except for the fact that it keeps crashing on me.

What type of wad is Nimrod?

MaTT [TiK] said:
What type of wad is Nimrod?

Near-total conversion. Most of the enemy and weapon sprites have been replaced. The Demon acts a little different and the Baron acts much different. Also lots of fun Legacy scripting and mapping features. Floor-over-floor, mmm....

Sounds cool. I've never actually seen a floor-over-floor level. Is that normal in a Legacy wad? Where can I get this wad?

is there supposed to have about 2/3 of the screen covered in a transparent red thing with white lines over it??

InfraRed said:

is there supposed to have about 2/3 of the screen covered in a transparent red thing with white lines over it??

I have no idea, but it's part of the "dot" crosshairs. Switch to the "cross" crosshairs (or turn the crosshairs off) to make it go away.

MaTT [TiK] said:
Sounds cool. I've never actually seen a floor-over-floor level. Is that normal in a Legacy wad? Where can I get this wad?

Get the wad HERE. View the website here.

besides the fact that it keeps crashing and cant be saved, im enjoying this wad cheating. Very simalar to the good parts of quake 2.

surprisingly good acting and music... considering it was done for free