Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Marty Stratton vs John Carmack

Astral-Doomer said:

Funny, that there are 4 different types of doom(Doom 1 & 2, Doom 3, 64, Doom 2016). We might get 5 different types, if its a reboot. :-D

While I'm not a Doom 64 fan I feel it is the same type as Doom 1 & 2. IMO Doom 64 is a proper sequel to Doom 2.

None.

Our true Lord and Savior is none other than the man who sold the world.

Hugo Martin.

Blessed be our souls, may he rest us in peace, send us away from live grenades and tutorials.

I'm still betting this will go to Post Hell. Sort of a stupid question with plenty of stupid answers and barely related to Doom 2016.

I'm going to say it...

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUY!

Either that or...

Takahata101 (aka the voice of Alucard from Hellsing Abridged)

Why? Because bitches love cannons that's why. :P

Chezza said:

I'm still betting this will go to Post Hell. Sort of a stupid question with plenty of stupid answers and barely related to Doom 2016.

Looks like there is a tendency here in DW that, when somebody says that the thread will be post-helled, it usually won't. Remember "Doom is Dead!!!" thread? There were like 4-5 people who sayd that the thread was going to be helled, but it wasn't, despite how ridiculous this thread was.

Anyway, on topic: Vladimeer Putting.

Both. Carmack was innovative and wanted to bring something new to Doom but Stratton knows what makes the original games so good and is basing the new game around that.

Then again it's important to remember decisions about the game weren't being made just by Stratton and Carmack.

Seriously we need a Marty appreciation thread though. Boy's been looking stressed as fuck for the past few weeks and seems really passionate about Doom and like he's an all around cool dude.

I remember reading one .plan update after another from Carmack (and then reading up to understand (at least most) of the stuff he was talking about) back in the days. Learned so much and became interested in graphics/3D programming.

Then, when the internet switched to color, and I was able to watch a live stream from him...this moment, where for the very first time in my life, I actually heard his voice, the voice of my big, ferrari-collection idol...that moment is burned into my mind. (some years later, people tried to tell me that all people from that area have that kinda voice, but I can't believe that)

Due to this moment, I have to say: Carmack. That voice alone, connected to that brain...

Chickensoup101 said:

This needs to be in DeathBattle! XD

Or Chess Boxing!!!

Chickensoup101 said:

This needs to be in DeathBattle! XD

First half: useless crap no one wants to watch
Second half: the actual battle.

I can't believe that they thought MASTERCHIEF could beat Doomguy, a guy with the ability to hold 8 weapons and 2 tons ammo, and can still run over 60mph without slowing down.

Astral-Doomer said:

The original developers, willing to make it. That & probably people who are just as passionate about the series as they are(Team TNT). I feel a true retro doom sequel to doom 2, would be nice. I heard John Carmack wants to make his own version of doom, compatible with the VR head-set. :-)

Perhaps, that might be what he plans to make(Retro Doom 3)? Or, a reboot, like doom 4. Funny, that there are 4 different types of doom(Doom 1 & 2, Doom 3, 64, Doom 2016). We might get 5 different types, if its a reboot. :-D

Well, I guess, we'll see what happens. B-)

where did you hear this? also to think if hideo kojima made a doom game really gets me pondering, I definetly think he'd add way to much story.

Chezza said:

I'm still betting this will go to Post Hell.

No, seriously. Shut up.

Sodaholic said:

me

That's cheating :P

MrGlide said:

where did you hear this? also to think if hideo kojima made a doom game really gets me pondering, I definetly think he'd add way to much story.

Wouldn´t it be great to sneak inside a cardboard box under the mastermind?

AwesomeO-789 said:

Seriously we need a Marty appreciation thread though. Boy's been looking stressed as fuck for the past few weeks and seems really passionate about Doom and like he's an all around cool dude.

This

Both, John Carmack, because he made the Doom engine, then the Quake and so on, up to the powerful idtech4 and its successors, Marty Stratton because he cares about Doom and is a nice guy, so props to both.