Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

WIP: The Id's RPG series coming soon

Hi guys, as you already know my brother [Gerardo194] and I are working on id's rpg games and everything is going wel, so we want to show you several screenshots about our progress we've got so far. These screenshots are from Doom2 RPG, Wolfenstein RPG and Ors and Elves DS version running on GZDoom. We hope you like them. Best regards :)

Spoiler

Damn, I've been waiting to see whether someone would remake Doom 2 RPG in Doom. Looks pretty sweet.
I've got a question though, will these be turn-based like the originals?

Even better!
I've got something else to say though.
I always thought DoomRL Arsenal would be pretty nice with a project like this if it ever came to be.
Would compatibility for the Doom 2 RPG maps shown be in mind?

Erick194 said:

Of course they will be turn-based! I've implemented the movement on GZDoom.

Turn-based sounds cool and all, but what about a real-time based system combined with DoomRL Arsenal and DoomRL Arsenal's Monster Pack (Colorful version) which is basically Colorful Hell expanded with a few more monsters?

You know... so it's like Diablo kinda? :D

Those screenshots are looking juicy m8 but I think the crappy looking Doom 2 Sky 1 clashes with everything else that's of much higher quality. I think a custom sky texture would look better.

Nice to see evidence this actually is happening! I'm very excited to see how this progresses, fantastic shots so far!

This screenshot reminded me heavily of Star Wars Pod Racer on the N64:

Turn based? What?

I don't understand what this is but it looks awesome!

At first I was thinking, "Y'think you have enough screenshots?" and then I noticed how each one is more impressive than the last. I'm all over this when you release it. I do agree that the sky could use more color, but that doesn't take away from it looking absolutely stellar.

I'm glad you guys liked the screenshots, i will upload more about Doom RPG next time. Of course you're right about the Doom 2 sky but this is still a beta, i need to change it using the originals from the game, I also will upload updated screenshot about these ones, specially Orcs and Elves using sprites and 3D models from the game itself. Sure you will love it.

Omg am I the only one who just started laughing at the sheer number of (very impressive and I just can't stress how beautiful, but beside the point) screenshots? So many that one post wasn't enough, then the next wasn't, then you start wondering if all of those posts displayed on the main thread page for this thread were all just tons of screenshots, then there's still more. Every additional post just made me laugh more. Much in the way of the ending solo of Andalusia by Joe Satriani: it's just so much greatness that it cannot possibly be absorbed all at one time, so the mind's only remaining response is laughter because at that point your own stupidity becomes evident. Or something like that; it's just too many beautiful pearls for this swine. You haven't cast pearls before swine, you've drowned them in 'em ;D

Normally I'd ask for a few spoiler tags for those of us who like to monitor our monthly mobile data use, but the sheer number here is so damned funny I don't mind the fact that I just loaded this page while not on wifi, lol.

Nah, but seriously, turn-based or not (which I'm down for), this fucking looks awesome and Lippeth was 100% right on the mark: each one more impressive than the last (though they were all beautiful and impressive).

I cant wait to see this thing come out and I will definitely be linking this in this week's TWID article! Best of luck to y'all getting this done as efficiently as possible!

Those screenshots are gorgeous, but there are so many! Please put them in spoilers, with [/spoiler] after the last one and [spoiler] before the first one in each post.

I put the images into spoiler boxes, because having a billion images slowly popping in really messes with the page scrolling while you're trying to read other posts below them.

esselfortium said:

I put the images into spoiler boxes.

I'll say on behalf of Essel and everyone else, thanks for spoilering them so quickly!

Oh, thank you very much guys. We didn't know about this before, we're going to use it next time. Thank you Essel!!! As i said before my brother is working on the maps and source code of each game. We will show about Doom RPG next time or maybe today.

How is this scene accomplished? Is the whole thing a 3D model, or are you getting those shapes in GZDoom through some other sort of wizardry?

(Actually there are several scenes in here that I'm kind of struggling to figure out... Interesting stuff there!)

esselfortium said:

How is this scene accomplished?

I was thinking the same, I imagine it IS constructed from 3D floors, and if so it's very well done.

They're not 3D floors, they are 3D models under a new format. I've extracted the maps from the IOS/Java games and I converted them into this new format. I may show you some screenshots of maps using a map visor that I've created.

Spoiler

Huh. So the visual parts of the map are actually just a 3D model, with a bunch of a 3D floors to do collision?