Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

WIP: The Id's RPG series coming soon

So these are turn based?

Also, what dimensions are these resources in? Are they useful for normal doom maps?

Erick194 said:

I thought I was going to see more people around asking for these projects but there's no one interested in them so far, neither making questions or asking about our progress.

You got a decent amount of attention when first posted, but yeah, after that things tend to lose attention. It's hard to get more than a page of attention without posting a demo or more signs of progress.

How's your progress though? I see you got the graphics and models, are you remaking all levels for PC Doom? Modifying the gameplay to be turn-based?

I see you're really hungry with our projects, there are other projects that will turn up! We cannot speak about future but they'll be announced sooner or later!

Erick194 said:

Thank you very much! Our projects will be finished at any time, they'll take its time as I said but they'll be done. besides, I thought I was going to see more people around asking for these projects but there's no one interested in them so far, neither making questions or asking about our progress. but my brothers and I are going to make these projects very cool!!

Oh, I'm definitely interested in seeing this completed! I just don't like bumping seemingly inactive project threads, for fear it makes me look impatient.

We have something new to show now. This is what turn-based gameplay mode will be! Featuring some monsters from tbe RPG series! Enjoy :)

Level 1 from Wolfenstein RPG (old video) The map is a 3D model. Can you see the Doom marine floating above it? Sorry for the video quality.

So VIOS battle and epic hell is coming soon also? I always liked campaign progress and levels in Doom 2 RPG with multiple characters even if it was too short. Too bad no one tried replicate that style in Doom before.

VIOS, Hell, Harbinger, Cyberdemon, Orcs, Dr. Jensen, Kronos, everybody! Everything is coming soon on everyone's pc. I hope you had enjoyed our gameplay video so much! If you have the java versions of each RPG in an old cellphone, try the cheat codes out we posted on page 2 of this thread! They were found in their source code! :)

VGA said:

So these are turn based?

Also, what dimensions are these resources in? Are they useful for normal doom maps?

Did you watch our gameplay video? That's the turn-based mode you wanted to know.

Heh, yeah, pretty interesting. I hope you can do it.

If not, at least dump all the resources for the community to use.

VGA said:

Heh, yeah, pretty interesting. I hope you can do it.

If not, at least dump all the resources for the community to use.

you have a little faith, bro!! We are very excited to work on this!

Ed_Deth said:

I want to see this. played doom2 rpg and orcs & elves on java phone. can't wai to see this

yeah! You will see it! There are some hidden stuff in some of the RPGs but not that interesting!

Yes, it'll be quite simple, I can't wait neither. Since my younger brother decompiled these games we were very excited to see the textures out despite of it was a very difficult process! We spent several weeks to get results, with no sleep, our bedtime was 5am haha including my youngest brother. How the time flies!

This is cool. I made a very experimental mod based on the first doom rpg on moddb.com feel free to take a look at it. use some of the assets from it if you want.

I've been dying to see a good rendition of the mobile games, you guys have no idea how glad it makes me someone figured out a way to rip the resources. All the success in the world!

Thank you very much to both of you Doom12 and IMX, we guarantee you will enjoy their releases. We are working very hard on these projects! There will be surprises coming soon!!!

Frano35, it will include everything from the original games, when I say everything is everything! Textures, 3dmodels, sprites, text and turn-based gameplay, battleplan and all you know about it. A very difficult job but I am sure they will be great. :) A super conversion for GZDoom.

This will be a good chance for you, friend! You will play them in your PC in a bigger screen, I can't wait for these either. I love Doom too.

Finally someone decide to create this. looks awesome, good luck to rest of the project cant wait to play this.

Oh man, i played the first Doom RPG and Orcs & Elves on my old Nokia years ago.
Kinda missed them. Thanks for making this not only for us to replay them, but to help these works not to be lost in time.

You guys showed little bits of everything, have you already got an idea of which game will be released first?

Really pleased someone is working on this, never got the chance to play the original rpgs back in the day.

Thank you, friends! Everybody will have a chance to play them nowadays.We will be very excited when we release them.

JCST said:

have you already got an idea of which game will be released first?

Well, we want to release them all together.:)

I have a question. in your test video for the turn based mechanics I noticed that the monsters from doom 2 rpg are the hd drawn look. I was wondering if you are also gonna be using the sprite based look as well.

Hey just wanted to say I am really looking forward to seeing the results of your project! I was just playing Wolf3d RPG on my phone the other day - still a pretty cool mobile game. Turn-based stuff is so well suited to mobile. Will be interesting to see how it translates to GZDoom. :)

A really nice idea! I hope all goes to plan for you guys, because I am really interested and have never played id's rpgs before. I didn't download any games back then in my cell phone (although it was a Sony Ericson) as I didn't have internet connection.

Also, the screenshots are eye candy!!!

Yes, we will be making it, from its Java files to a pk3 for GZDoom. We had some ol' DoomRPG screenshot in other thread but they dissapeared, I will try to tell my brother if he can recover them or even making new ones if he has a chance.