Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

WIP: The Id's RPG series coming soon

The progress has been good so far! When we finish with our current projects that are the PSX Doom /Final Doom and Doom 64 for a modified version of GZDoom called GZDoom [GEC] Master Edition (it's just a matter of time to finish them), we will be showing more information about the RPGs. 

The turn based mechanic was something incredible I saw when my brother implemented it, I couldn't believe my eyes! If it wouldn't have been implemented, it wouldn't feel the same. The games were created for turn-based mode and here you go.

There are many ideas floating around to make them incredible and the next step would be the combat mode to be implemented.

Edited by Gerardo194

Are you guys still working on this project?

How long until it's finished?

Have you thought of releasing some stuff along the way, such as screenshots, assets from the games or playable demos?

Well, apparently they dropped this project in favor of finishing the GZDoom Master Edition thing, so probably we won't hear about this project again until that other project is finished.

2 hours ago, Marlamir said:

whats is gzdoom master edition?

custom, hybrid build of GZDoom for accurate PSX Doom and Doom64 sourceport, vanilla-like experience.

Thanks for pointing me at this thread; it looks great!

I just remembered Doom 2 RPG having a small comic centered around Kira Morgan.

Was that in the original game?

I know, i just thought about the comic she had and whether or not that was in the game and if it would return in the project.

23 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

I know, i just thought about the comic she had and whether or not that was in the game and if it would return in the project.

If you want to see the comic in the project, yes... it is supposed to be included. Both versions possibly.

54 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

Was that in the original game?

IIRC, nope. It was a separated product you had to buy.

Heym Guys! I am really happy to see that your works are making slow but strong progress. I just found this post on Doomworld, and a question comes to my mind. Would it be possible to make mods for this? Because i would be really awesome to play the original games in PC, and then, user made fan mods, with new stories and graphics. 

Hello @P41R47, this project is made with gzdoom, so it is completely moddable, although I have left it aside, it is only for the moment.

5 minutes ago, Erick194 said:

Hello @P41R47, this project is made with gzdoom, so it is completely moddable, although I have left it aside, it is only for the moment.

Glad to see this project isn't dead, I've been stalking watching this thread for a looong time. :)

5 minutes ago, Erick194 said:

Thanks for the answer @Erick194. It was a personal dream of mine, when i first saw Id's RPG games, to tell new stories in the doom world.
This will be awesome, guys. GZDoom will now be a tool to communicate a lot of things. I'm really exited to see this happening.

Have a nice day!

Thank you! I neither can't wait for this!... I love these projects when we started years ago. Too much work to be done!

After the completion of DRRP, our team was going to start creating remakes for the Doom II RPG and Orcs & Elves 2 RPG games. Does this make sense, or is it worth waiting for your version?

I suppose my brother would say: go on, you can continue with your projects, there's nothing wrong about it"

It has taken years to us, but our projects will be done sooner or later. We started this since 2011 if I recall correctly.

(Out of date. We've already figured out the format)

In that case, we need your help.
We can not figure out the format of the maps of these games.
We have the Doom RPG maps parser, but it cannot work with maps of other games.

Edited by PROPHESSOR

Hello friends, as you already know, I extracted the graphics of Orcs And Elves 2 Brew, and a few days ago I deciphered the maps, I leave here some images.

Spoiler

m_01.bsp
b9int22ugxv1zn7zg.jpg

m_02.bsp
ytjaou8avfmfks7zg.jpg
5kmr81r7t9lxavizg.jpg

m_03.bsp
ilx4639fr60mwmnzg.jpg

m_07.bsp
8md5j5u8sdvftxczg.jpg
i9jp4y9d6db314czg.jpg

m_monster.bsp
dzdew4n7zk3fpmkzg.jpg

I also leave the view of the automapa =)

Spoiler

m_01.bsp
9zm97k9eau8l7p9zg.jpg

m_02.bsp
4vikoru32nx2572zg.jpg

m_03.bsp
3tfm2ls7sb9hxqjzg.jpg

m_04.bsp
3oziirdxywykevvzg.jpg

m_05.bsp
s5vjp5204yp4tdczg.jpg

m_06.bsp
kqa6nvu04zi3xihzg.jpg

m_07.bsp
f6cl5eijna48m9yzg.jpg

In this section, curious maps, surely to test the game

m_ben.bsp
r0nm7xrjmea5dhkzg.jpg

m_brett.bsp
njro90wnjgfg42rzg.jpg

m_itm.bsp
sj466602kuq1jz6zg.jpg

m_jah.bsp
qa0q8w6bugrqpllzg.jpg

m_karina.bsp
wwrazbmwz0hbgv4zg.jpg

m_matt.bsp  This is map 1, but it's like the Java version
0ssa8a1qx9kwqu9zg.jpg

m_monster.bsp
x4avbpqd8qu9rajzg.jpg

We have released source codes of our Doom 2 RPG map converters!

Now the main task is to create export maps in the UDMF format, so if you have ideas on how to implement this, we are waiting for your message!