Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

My thoughts on the game!

Enforcer said:

Not a word is coming from the player. And no you can't see his face. Only in the suit upgrade screen. And even then you can only see his nose :D

Okay, so they are going that route were you should feel one with the player character. Which is fine. Still would be cool to see his face at some point.

tuo said:

You know, I just opened a random streamers MP4. Doomguy is at 61 Health, glory kills a Hell Knight, gets to 86, turns around and kills an Imp with Shotung => no health drop.

That was within a couple of seconds of searching...I have seen it so many times now...

If you happen to be in possesion of "Doom 4 gameplay.mp4" (the one mentioned here earlier, where people complained because it has "Why?" written under it): go to 8:25
And there are other occurences in this video.

Search for somewhere where he's low on health that's more of a life threatening situation that 86 hp.

Hofmann said:

Search for somewhere where he's low on health that's more of a life threatening situation that 86 hp.

So you go from "glory kills don't give any more health, everybody who says otherwise is wrong" to "glory kills only give more health when you over 100hp, everybody who says otherwise is wrong" to "stop proving me wrong, then it's another hp-amount I just made up, everybody who says otherwise is wrong"?

Noice :)

Hofmann said:

Okay, sherlock, took me not even a minute.
One with 67, 61, 58, one with 43. (all in the same fight/arena)
Should I search further?

Enforcer said:

Considering that this is a shooter the Ceberdemon battle was pretty awesome! Kicked my ass 3 times before I killed him. I liked it!

I hope you actually have to shoot him with every possible weapon and not just performing some lame ass QTE's?

tuo said:

So you go from "glory kills don't give any more health, everybody who says otherwise is wrong" to "glory kills only give more health when you over 100hp, everybody who says otherwise is wrong" to "stop proving me wrong, then it's another hp-amount I just made up, everybody who says otherwise is wrong"?

Noice :)

What the fuck are you even talking about? Yes, first I said that glory kills don't give more health and I admitted I was wrong, but that's not the point anyway, then I noticed that glory kills give at least 5 health, and they only give you the minimum of 5 hp when you are are high on health, which amount of hp is it where glory kills give you 5 but regular kills give you 0, I do not know. But the point is that when you are not in a threatening situation they don't give you more than regular kills do, and that doesn't make glory kills less optional. The rest you just said is strawmaning and putting words in my mouth.

tuo said:

Okay, sherlock, took me not even a minute.
One with 67, 61, 58, one with 43. (all in the same fight/arena)
Should I search further?

Send me a link and minutes and seconds in the video, I don't know what are you talking about.

Hofmann said:

Yes, it's a joke.

I can only hope you don't mean the video, else you really are as dim as you make yourself out to be. Otherwise, if you mean it in a snarky "ooh the entire video is a joke look at these fakers before me, mudamuda," you're just being a cunt and wasting people's time.

Choose.

Hofmann said:

What the fuck are you even talking about? Yes, first I said that glory kills don't give more health and I admitted I was wrong, but that's not the point anyway, then I noticed that glory kills give at least 5 health, and they only give you the minimum of 5 hp when you are are high on health, which amount of hp is it where glory kills give you 5 but regular kills give you 0, I do not know. But the point is that when you are not in a threatening situation they don't give you more than regular kills do, and that doesn't make glory kills less optional. The rest you just said is strawmaning and putting words in my mouth.

First and foremost: Glorykills give you health regarding which opponent you just killed. Some give 5, some 10, big guys 25, and this might even be difficulty-dependant, and (we don't know yet) Suit Upgrade/Rune dependant.

Second:
"But the point is that when you are not in a threatening situation they don't give you more than regular kills do"
Yes, they do! A regular kill has the chance to give you nothing at all, while a glory kill is garuanteed to give you health. So "garuanteed something" is better than "chance to get nothing".

I am not putting words in anyone's mouth, but you are constantly trying to rip on people who say that glory kills are fundamental mechanic of Doom 2016, and say they are wrong, as they are completely optional because you don't get any advantage from them, when every stream and "early player" review shows/says the opposite. That's what you communicated, and people simply try to tell you that it's wrong.

Nothing more, nothing less.

tuo said:

First and foremost: Glorykills give you health regarding which opponent you just killed. Some give 5, some 10, big guys 25, and this might even be difficulty-dependant, and (we don't know yet) Suit Upgrade/Rune dependant.

Suit upgrades require argent cells, maybe Enforcer can tell us if they require some sort of glory killing.
Yes some runes require you to do like 20 glory kills to unlock them, but that's like you do those 20 and you don't have to do them anymore.

tuo said:

Second:
"But the point is that when you are not in a threatening situation they don't give you more than regular kills do"
Yes, they do! A regular kill has the chance to give you nothing at all, while a glory kill is garuanteed to give you health. So "garuanteed something" is better than "chance to get nothing".

Give me an example where you are low on health and a regular kill doesn't give you anything.

tuo said:

I am not putting words in anyone's mouth, but you are constantly trying to rip on people who say that glory kills are fundamental mechanic of Doom 2016, and say they are wrong, as they are completely optional because you don't get any advantage from them, when every stream and "early player" review shows/says the opposite. That's what you communicated, and people simply try to tell you that it's wrong.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not ripping on anyone, sorry if I insulted anyone, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. Every player/reviewer says what every other player reviewer said, but doesn't explain anything. Just one(jackfrags) said something that glory kills give you health when the animation is synced (with the music maybe?).

Jaxxoon R said:

I can only hope you don't mean the video, else you really are as dim as you make yourself out to be. Otherwise, if you mean it in a snarky "ooh the entire video is a joke look at these fakers before me, mudamuda," you're just being a cunt and wasting people's time.

Choose.

I don't know what do I have to chose? I barely understood what you were saying, not that you are a poor writer but because I'm a poor reader. I was being sarcastic about that the devs lying to us and that the video is rigged.

Chickensoup101 said:

I thought the glory kills is use for your experience points or something.

Nope, I have evidence for that. Fuck it, I'll make a thread.

id.dav said:

I hope you actually have to shoot him with every possible weapon and not just performing some lame ass QTE's?

Straight up battle! There are NO QTEs at all. And you need to unload EVERYTHING you have at him! And I mean everything!

Chickensoup101 said:

I thought the glory kills is use for your experience points or something.

Well mainly you do them to survive :) But yup. You are right! GK help you achieve your next weapon upgrade point faster.

Oh! Forgot to tell you guys. There is ammo starvation in the game. Especially in the beginning :) This caught me by surprise. I remember some of you folks complained that there is too much ammo everywhere. Well yes and no. BTW completing this game on ULTRA-VIOLENCE will be next to impossible. The fights are so random and enemies are EVERYWHERE. I don't know. I'm a little bit scared just thinking about it :)

Enforcer said:

Straight up battle! There are NO QTEs at all. And you need to unload EVERYTHING you have at him! And I mean everything!

OMG! I know some people complain about bullet sponges, but i love them.

The games was delivered at home right this moment. But i am at work now. Maybe i should fake feeling sick ....

Enforcer said:

Well mainly you do them to survive :) But yup. You are right! GK help you achieve your next weapon upgrade point faster.

Anybody truly surprised? ANYBODY? :)

Sounds great, thanks Enforcer!

Enforcer said:

Damn. Why does the mancubus then give you the same amount of score/experience regardless of how you kill him, he gives you about 1/8 of the upgrade point? You're not spreading misinformation are you? Are there some stats at the end of the mission which give you more experience if you glory kill more?

tuo said:

Anybody truly surprised? ANYBODY? :)

Sounds great, thanks Enforcer!

Like I said, some people would rather see the game be shit, than to be wrong.

Enforcer said:

Regarding that Cyberdemon fight of yours...

Any input?

Hey Enforcer, how many levels are there? Also how is the chaingun? (Also, how many new monsters are there?)

Spoiler

Also, what exactly does the cyberdemon do?

Spoiler

Also where does he do it?

Enforcer said:

This is the reason why the achievement is called " Shoot it till it dies " XD

Hofmann said:

Damn. Why does the mancubus then give you the same amount of score/experience regardless of how you kill him, he gives you about 1/8 of the upgrade point? You're not spreading misinformation are you? Are there some stats at the end of the mission which give you more experience if you glory kill more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvws14_Z5lw

Like I said, some people would rather see the game be shit, than to be wrong.

Don't forget that there are upgrades/runes! Some of them enable glory kills to give armor (along with the health), for example.

I am now strictly talking out of the game files from the release version (as it has been released now in some parts of the world, and as mentioned in the sticky post, after release it's allowed).

Not only is it mentioned MULTIPLE times that glory kills drop more health than a regular kill at low health, but also they they garuanteee a health drop, regardless if health (kinda what you said, but definitley more than a standard kill). The video I mentioned even seems to indicate that normal kills might drop no health at all if your health is above X (must be somewhere around 60), because in the Arch Vile/Summoner battle, he kills one enemy after another (without GK) and receives nothing.

There is a percentage stat of how much more XP you get from glory killing in regard of normal kills. How that is increased, we will see tonight (I didn't read through all the run/upgrade strings yet)

Plus tons of other upgrades that let you do special things after a glory kill, enhance glory kill range and speed etc. pp.

I could go one. You will see it for yourself tonight.

It IS a fundamental part of this game, and while "technically" saying it is completely optional is correct (similar to "using the shotgun is completely optional"), they have a rather large influence on combat, progression etc.

PS: I am the last person who want's this game to fail, but there are soooo many evidences that disprove your theories plus the way you communicate them as proofen fact, I somehow just can't go "nah, not worth the hassle to answer".

Enforcer said:

The ambience music is ok. But not very dark or moody as I would like it too be. Also ambience music is kinda too repetitive.

Shame. Would've been nice with some really evil sounding ambience.

Okay things that sucked hard. The physics in this game is a shitty broken mess. Same goes for the ragdoll physics. Now I understand why they made dead bodies burn away. Corpses constantly fucking up and getting stuck in the "furniture" and make that annoying sound. I'm sure some of you will know what I'm talking about. Some objects like barrels and gas tanks simply roll around or bounce around without stoping and it's annoying. I don't know what they were thinking. The physics "engine" is terrible. Something you can see in an indie title. It's a mess. I really hope they will adress this in the future updates.

If it's like the physics in Doom 3, then I can't imagine it bothering me too much - rather borked physics than them having made combat or the rest of the gameplay lame or underwhelming.
Unless, of course, the sounds of flopping corpses and other objects are really annoying (they didn't annoy me in Doom 3, so if they're similar here, they shouldn't be a bother).
Heh, I might just regard the messed-up physics as a an after-effect of Hell creeping into our world and fucking things up :P

The Glory Kills. They are great. But iD took a lot of animations seen in the E3 trailers out and now you can only perform them with the Berserk powerup.

That is not necessarily a bad thing - it could make the berserk powerup feel more special and gives you access to particularly brutal and over-the-top glory kills, so you don't get tired of those as quickly.
It does mean that regular glory kills won't have the same oomph to them though. I guess I'll have to wait and see until I get the game myself.

Guess consoles just can't handle permanent corpses so they left them out. Hope at least PC gets them in future patch! The sight of aftermath of the carnage was something so fucking cool in Doom 1 and 2. In the E3 gameplay mancubus even had that unique messed up corpse mesh!

Enforcer said:

No sign of Spider Mastermind so far! Cyberdemon was pretty badass though.

So he doesn't have a terminal case of Bullwinkle Syndrome anymore or how did that pan out?