Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

My thoughts on the game!

What exactly is ragdoll bouncing? Is that when the dead corpse gets stuck on something in the environment and keeps twitching?

FLAW_88 said:

What exactly is ragdoll bouncing? Is that when the dead corpse gets stuck on something in the environment and keeps twitching?

That's correct. Also, game sounds sick so far OP!

tuo said:

Not only is it mentioned MULTIPLE times that glory kills drop more health than a regular kill at low health.

Never heard of that, not once. I mean not specifically at low health. Plus I saw videos where regular kills give more health than glory kills at low health, and it wasn't only a few times.

tuo said:

but also they they garuanteee a health drop, regardless if health (kinda what you said, but definitley more than a standard kill). The video I mentioned even seems to indicate that normal kills might drop no health at all if your health is above X (must be somewhere around 60), because in the Arch Vile/Summoner battle, he kills one enemy after another (without GK) and receives nothing.

Yes regular kills might not give you health around 60 hp, but a glory kill would give you 5 hp, whatever man. The point is that regular kills will certainly give you health when you are low, sometimes more than a glory kill. Plus there are tons of pickups everywhere.

tuo said:

Plus tons of other upgrades that let you do special things after a glory kill, enhance glory kill range and speed etc. pp.

I could go one. You will see it for yourself tonight.

Tons? Exaggerating a bit are we. Range of glory kill, speed of glory kill, how would we manage without them?(sarcasam)
The only thing of note is the Blood Fueled rune that gives you a speed boost after glory kill, and its such a small difference that I didn't even noticed it. And no, I won't see it tonight, that's why I want to know.

tuo said:

It IS a fundamental part of this game, and while "technically" saying it is completely optional is correct (similar to "using the shotgun is completely optional"), they have a rather large influence on combat, progression etc.

Wow, nice exaggeration again right there. Not using the shotgun is making the game significantly harder to yourself, especially in the first levels, not glory killing when you have ammo is not. Glory kills are so fundamental part of the game and not optional and have such a large influence on combat and progression that this guy is not even thinking of using them:

I haven't seen one video where a guy is desperately running around for a glory kill because they are so fundamental and necessary, show me one example for fucking once.

tuo said:

PS: I am the last person who want's this game to fail, but there are soooo many evidences that disprove your theories plus the way you communicate them as proofen fact, I somehow just can't go "nah, not worth the hassle to answer".

Well your "sounds great" looked pretty satisfying when Enforcer told you that glory killing is upgrading your guns faster, which means that the game is forcing the player to glory kill, which means game not so good, which means you were happy that the game is not so good. Simple as that. I never said that you want the game to fail, putting words in my mouth again? I only pointed out that it means more to you to be right than this game to be good( have optional glory kills).

Hofmann said:

I'm not ripping on anyone, sorry if I insulted anyone[...]

Lol. You have called every person who has stated the simple truth about glory kills and health/ammo/XP "retards" and "idiots" (including people who have played the game) for months on this forum.

Thanks for the laugh buddy, and I'm sorry your delusion is crumbling.

The only thing that would make glory kills not optional is if there is some sort of score at the end of every mission that gives some sort of advantage to number of performed glory kills compared to other stats, which affect your upgrade points. And I'm still waiting for an answer.

Hofmann said:

Well your "sounds great" looked pretty satisfying when Enforcer told you that glory killing is upgrading your guns faster, which means that the game is forcing the player to glory kill, which means game not so good, which means you were happy that the game is not so good. Simple as that. I never said that you want the game to fail, putting words in my mouth again? I only pointed out that it means more to you to be right than this game to be good( have optional glory kills).

I don't have the slightest - really the slightest - idea how not only you, but basically anyone - is able to come to that assumption. It's like...whew...

Then again, I'll now get back to playing, because the game is awesome, and the glory kills work perfectly in my book, and I was a big skeptic regarding them. But there is a difference between beeing skeptic, and calling other people idiots because they don't follow your opinion. So...back to Doom :)

tuo said:

But there is a difference between beeing skeptic, and calling other people idiots because they don't follow your opinion.

Yes, and there is a difference between opinions and facts.

Hofmann said:

Damn. Why does the mancubus then give you the same amount of score/experience regardless of how you kill him, he gives you about 1/8 of the upgrade point? You're not spreading misinformation are you? Are there some stats at the end of the mission which give you more experience if you glory kill more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvws14_Z5lw

Like I said, some people would rather see the game be shit, than to be wrong.

Yup. I was wrong. Doesn't matter how you kill them. Same amount of XP.

Enforcer said:

Nope. No tight asses in this game :)

That's all i needed to know... preorder canceled, i knew this game was a piece of thrash
-7.8/10 Too much lava

BluePineapple72 said:

Hey Enforcer, how many levels are there? Also how is the chaingun? (Also, how many new monsters are there?)

Spoiler

Also, what exactly does the cyberdemon do?

Spoiler

Also where does he do it?

13. The chaingun is great! Especially with the turret mod thing! I won't spoil anything regarding the Cyberdemon :)

LANEGRACABRA said:

Guess consoles just can't handle permanent corpses so they left them out. Hope at least PC gets them in future patch! The sight of aftermath of the carnage was something so fucking cool in Doom 1 and 2. In the E3 gameplay mancubus even had that unique messed up corpse mesh!

Pfft :) Then there would be a looot of ragdoll bouncing that will drive you insane.

Enforcer said:

Pfft :) Then there would be a looot of ragdoll bouncing that will drive you insane.

Sort of surprised that the overly bouncy corpse thing hasn't been fixed yet in modern games.

Enforcer said:

Yup. I was wrong. Doesn't matter how you kill them. Same amount of XP.

Yes, I knew it. Best game ever.

Well I did it! WOW! What a game! I love it even more now! :) I must say the final boss fight is pretty fucking awesome! Well I'm going to start a new game and try the NIGHTMARE difficulty :) God the campaign is so AMAZING I don't even know when I will try the MP or Snap Map :D

Got to the fourth level.

I have one thing to say 90s LEVEL DESIGN IS BACK!! Holy shit that Foundry level was AMAZING. Shit ton of exploration.

There is one thing that really bugs me though. If you are under 50 health you get too much health.

DooM_RO said:

Got to the fourth level.

I have one thing to say 90s LEVEL DESIGN IS BACK!! Holy shit that Foundry level was AMAZING. Shit ton of exploration.

There is one thing that really bugs me though. If you are under 50 health you get too much health.

That level is AMAZING and probably my favorite! But there are a lot of awesome levels in the game!

Enforcer said:

Have you installed the patch already?

Totalhalibut appears butthurt over the review embargo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqBAqGLMcM

It sounds like he has decided in advance to hate the game even though he tries to deny so. Oh well. At least almost all of the pre-release steam reviews are positive.

EDIT: My summer vacation starts exactly next Monday so I will have the next 2 weeks to enjoy Doom! Yea!