Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

My thoughts on the game!

hardcore_gamer said:

Totalhalibut appears butthurt over the review embargo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqBAqGLMcM

It sounds like he has decided in advance to hate the game even though he tries to deny so. Oh well. At least almost all of the pre-release steam reviews are positive.

EDIT: My summer vacation starts exactly next Monday so I will have the next 2 weeks to enjoy Doom! Yea!

Is it me or TB wants the game to be a fail...

Got lost in The Beginning of the End for about an hour. No problem though, I found almost every secret.

The levels are massive.

Enforcer said:

BTW! Check this carnage out! https://www.facebook.com/100004303682575/videos/640015519485232/?l=3637861520244592616 This is what Marty and Hugo should have streamed. I hated how Hugo was always jumping around like an idiot. No spoilers. Just carnage. Oh. .Sorry in advance. PS4 can record only in 30 fps! But this should wet your appetite! :) Have fun with the game, guys!

Guy literally doesn't know it's possible to double jump. It was painful to watch.

Chickensoup101 said:

Is it me or TB wants the game to be a fail...

Well, I've heard him being called TotalButthurt for a reason.

I saw TB saying that he doesn't care about other Doom mods besides Brutal Doom and that we should be THANKING HIM for showing everyone BD and giving Doom a bigger audience.

This guy is a fucking joke.

My guess is that TB is butthurt because he thinks highly of himself as a reviewer (or "first-impressioner" as he likes to call himself) and is thus taking the review embargo personally. The annoyed tone in his voice and the various statements he makes throughout the video make it sound like he has already made up is mind and will go out of his way to find bad things to say about the game. I also wtf'd when he said there was very little SP footage for the game around for people to see.

AnonimVio said:

I saw TB saying that he doesn't care about other Doom mods besides Brutal Doom and that we should be THANKING HIM for showing everyone BD and giving Doom a bigger audience.

This guy is a fucking joke.

Source?

DooM_RO said:

Got to the fourth level.

I have one thing to say 90s LEVEL DESIGN IS BACK!! Holy shit that Foundry level was AMAZING. Shit ton of exploration.

There is one thing that really bugs me though. If you are under 50 health you get too much health.

Sounds like something they need to tweak. I was sort of wondering if that was going to be a thing with the piñata drops. I say let it have a better chance for health, but not that good of a chance (or maybe lower the amount you get via bulk piñata drops).

Enforcer said:

BTW! Check this carnage out! https://www.facebook.com/100004303682575/videos/640015519485232/?l=3637861520244592616 This is what Marty and Hugo should have streamed. I hated how Hugo was always jumping around like an idiot. No spoilers. Just carnage. Oh. .Sorry in advance. PS4 can record only in 30 fps! But this should wet your appetite! :) Have fun with the game, guys!

Да уж мясо скажем так какое то беспомощьное!

I still do not see enough aggression from enemies( What difficulty?

hardcore_gamer said:

Source?

TB deletes comments, so I'll probably won't find it anymore.

I saw a screenshot of that comment on someone's stream, but VOD isn't avaiable anymore.

What's even more amazing is that he has so many likes. It's just some guy that thinks it sounds cool and smart to hate on something, and another couple of thousand idiots with half a brain that don't even have their own opinion, start parroting the same shit. Same with steam reviews.

Hofmann said:

What's even more amazing is that he has so many likes. It's just some guy that thinks it sounds cool and smart to hate on something, and another couple of thousand idiots with half a brain that don't even have their own opinion, start parroting the same shit. Same with steam reviews.

Well, Pewdiepie became a millionaire due to being an insufferable cringy wanker.

chubz said:

This is the 3D DOOM we've been waiting for all these years.

That's all I have to say.

100% agree. This is Doom re-imagined for 2016.

victorboris1 said:

Well, Pewdiepie became a millionaire due to being an insufferable cringy wanker.

The current pewdiepie is better than the old one.

Plasma Gun said:

100% agree. This is Doom re-imagined for 2016.

I love the game already, and I am just back from first hell level.

Spoiler

BTW: thanx enforcer, I thought I dealt with everything when I killed that Baron (regarding your "you will shit your pants when you fight the first Baron"). Who knew they would throw another two of them on me during the "introduction" ;)

Seriously, at the moment, I have no clue how many hours I will sink into singleplayer, and then there is SnapMap...and MP...id/Bethesda might have created something memorable here.

DooM_RO said:

Got lost in The Beginning of the End for about an hour. No problem though, I found almost every secret.

The levels are massive.

Couple of times that I said to myself "glad they included the automap".

Got lost two times where I didn't know where I have to go (once in the foundry, once in first hell level).

The levels truly are massive. And the secrets are great. You can get the plasma rifle extremely early :)

Where the hell people saw TotallBiscuit desire to hate the game? What he said is absolutely legit and has nothing to do with Doom itself.

id.dav said:

Where the hell people saw TotallBiscuit desire to hate the game? What he said is absolutely legit and has nothing to do with Doom itself.

It is the tone...maybe it is the chemo speaking.

tuo said:

Couple of times that I said to myself "glad they included the automap".

Got lost two times where I didn't know where I have to go (once in the foundry, once in first hell level).

The levels truly are massive. And the secrets are great. You can get the plasma rifle extremely early :)

Really great, but what about difficulty?

id.dav said:

Well, as I said in the thread regarding what difficulty to play first, I play my first playthrough on "default" difficulty, which is "Hurt me plenty". There is quite a lot of ammo management going on (mostly because I always forget that I have the chainsaw to "restock" ammo). It truly has some "Bloodborne"-vibe as when you go low on HP, you have to find something to kill, start beeing aggressive, because it will bring you back to normal levels of HP and refill ammo if low.

It is fun on Hurt me plenty, but I can't wait for my next playthrough on harder difficulties, BUT I am very interested the Ultra-Nightmare. You would have to memorize quite a lot spawning positions (and there are many) of enemy waves to not get someone behind you who finishes you.

Oh, and btw, up until now, I officially hate Pinkys when at least two of em, and Cacos...I don't know bout those Cacos, but there is so little telegraphing of when they shoot. They look at you funny, next millisecond they belch plasma into your face.

But apart from possessed and hell raizers, everything charges at you at tremendous speed. Especially Hell Knights and Barons! You constantly have to manage space between yourself and them, or manage to double-jump over them (which works with Hellknights, but I tend to somehow get "tangled" in the horns of the Barons, which then means some pain I have to endure).

id.dav said:

I've already had several fairly close calls on Hurt Me Plenty. This game will beat your ass if you aren't aware of your health/ammo/surroundings at all times when big battles break out.

tuo said:

Well, as I said in the thread regarding what difficulty to play first, I play my first playthrough on "default" difficulty, which is "Hurt me plenty". There is quite a lot of ammo management going on (mostly because I always forget that I have the chainsaw to "restock" ammo). It truly has some "Bloodborne"-vibe as when you go low on HP, you have to find something to kill, start beeing aggressive, because it will bring you back to normal levels of HP and refill ammo if low.

It is fun on Hurt me plenty, but I can't wait for my next playthrough on harder difficulties, BUT I am very interested the Ultra-Nightmare. You would have to memorize quite a lot spawning positions (and there are many) of enemy waves to not get someone behind you who finishes you.

Oh, and btw, up until now, I officially hate Pinkys when at least two of em, and Cacos...I don't know bout those Cacos, but there is so little telegraphing of when they shoot. They look at you funny, next millisecond they belch plasma into your face.

But apart from possessed and hell raizers, everything charges at you at tremendous speed. Especially Hell Knights and Barons! You constantly have to manage space between yourself and them, or manage to double-jump over them (which works with Hellknights, but I tend to somehow get "tangled" in the horns of the Barons, which then means some pain I have to endure).

I assume the pinkies is due to that charge attack of there's. I can only imagine how that attack would work on classic doom levels that had a herd of them (what would a herd of pinky demons be called?).

id.dav said:

It is the tone...maybe it is the chemo speaking.

Ok! How complex level are compared to Foundry wich is now pretty much considered to be the best level so far?

... OMG... it's a Pink of demons!!!
It's a Pack of pinkies!!!!
... Oh, a HAND of pinkies coming in WAVES!!!
A, a... a DOOM of DEMONS!!!!

ShadesMaster said:

... OMG... it's a Pink of demons!!!
It's a Pack of pinkies!!!!
... Oh, a HAND of pinkies coming in WAVES!!!
A, a... a DOOM of DEMONS!!!!

That could work, a group of Demons could be called a 'doom' (though sounds a little weird using it that way).

Man, this game's level design is outstanding. I turned off the compass and objective markers and I've already gotten lost in the Foundry with a yellow keycard, trying to find the yellow door. It's just so massive and there's so much to explore, I'm almost overwhelmed by it! I can't even tell you the last FPS that made me feel that way. And on top of that, I've already come across a couple blue key doors, but haven't yet found the blue key itself! My God, it's just like classic DOOM!

chubz said:

Man, this game's level design is outstanding. I turned off the compass and objective markers and I'm already lost wandering around in the Foundry level with a yellow keycard, trying to find the yellow door. I can't even tell you the last FPS that made me feel that way. And on top of that, I've already come across a couple blue key doors, but haven't yet found the blue key itself! My God, it's just like classic DOOM!

That's good to know, I was going to play with most of the toggleable things off aside from the hud. Is there a general purpose button for 'using' things (or do you just punch things to use them?)?