Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

My thoughts on the game!

BluePineapple72 said:

Hey, can you glory kill the cyberdemon?

I think you *have* to glory kill it, actually.

kuchitsu said:

So you can actually get lost in the levels?

I'll just let these automap screenshots from the Foundry level speak for themselves:

Hey guys, just a heads up:
You can disable mouse smoothing/acceleration (which makes mouse movement more responsive) by including the following command in the Launch Options:
+set m_smooth 0

Also, here's a useful command for skipping the annoying startup logos:
+com_skipIntroVideo 1

The physics issues don't bother me. To be honest I find ragdoll physics that are a bit messy hilarious. One of the reasons I love Elder Scrolls Oblivion is because of all the fucking hilarious moments that happen.

So I don't really mind the physics that much.

Now as for everything else?

SOUNDS AWESOME! NEED TO PLAY ASAP!

chubz said:

I'll just let these automap screenshots from the Foundry level speak for themselves:

http://i.imgur.com/5bgG5O0.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/fftu7p5.jpg

That's actually kinda misleading. Yes the maps are big, but many areas are locked until unlocked so the levels are actually kinda linear. Unless it's possible I just missed areas of the map and went straight for the exist? I admit I can't 100% ignore that possibility, but honestly I don't think the maps are as non-linear as they appear at first. Still like the level design however.

Friendly reminder to PLEASE turn the compass and objective markers off. This alone makes the game better than any FPS of the past 10 years, IMO.

Obzen said:

Friendly reminder to PLEASE turn the compass and objective markers off. This alone makes the game better than any FPS of the past 10 years, IMO.

I did this and yet I can still see the objective marker on the automap for some reason :( Thankfully it doesn't really matter much unless you are on the automap.

hardcore_gamer said:

I did this and yet I can still see the objective marker on the automap for some reason :( Thankfully it doesn't really matter much unless you are on the automap.

Hmm, wonder if there is a command you can run at start to toggle that off.

hardcore_gamer said:

That's actually kinda misleading. Yes the maps are big, but many areas are locked until unlocked so the levels are actually kinda linear. Unless it's possible I just missed areas of the map and went straight for the exist? I admit I can't 100% ignore that possibility, but honestly I don't think the maps are as non-linear as they appear at first. Still like the level design however.

Have you played the Foundry level yet? It's pretty darn open, and there are a bunch of areas to explore that aren't even related to the objective. The verticality is quite impressive, too. The first couple levels leading up to it aren't quite as open though.

Obzen said:

Don't forget about the option for the interactable objects, will be one of the many options I think many may turn off when they play the game (whether they are going to play it when it is released Friday or early).

It's nice to finally get some first Impressions up In here, plus there's a review thread.

Sadly, It's not the 13th yet for me, but I'll be going to my 24/7 Walmart at 12 tonight and pick It up, play It, and I'll drop my review on another thread.

Either way, thanks for the review, again. Hopefully those cancerous review sites like IGN will rate It quite high.

deadwolves said:

I got enough in the first 4-5 minutes. Call of Doomty or whatever this is can have a great time.

deadwolves said:

Whats a solution for rapid and instant suicide.

how's sucking contrarian dick working out for you, no true scotsman piece of shit

deadwolves said:

I got enough in the first 4-5 minutes. Call of Doomty or whatever this is can have a great time.

Jesus Fuck, I hope you're trolling. I really do.

Tritnew said:

Jesus Fuck, I hope you're trolling. I really do.

I assumed they were when they brought up CoD when referencing the Doom sp (which based on the various streams that have popped up about the game, it doesn't really seem like it seems similar at all to CoD. Someone who has played it already could likely give a better idea about it though).

I wonder if its from some leftover hate from the CoD infinite trailer that shows that CoD may be taking a more SciFi route (for that specific CoD game at least).

id.dav said:

Да уж мясо скажем так какое то беспомощьное!

I still do not see enough aggression from enemies( What difficulty?

UV! Well play the game then. .The AI is pretty aggressive!

id.dav said:

Ok! How complex level are compared to Foundry wich is now pretty much considered to be the best level so far?

It's 90's level design through and through. Pretty complex and you won't find every secret on your first run! There are a lot of fucking secrets in this game!

LittleBurger said:

I guess one big question is does the audio sound better than it did during the streams?

Yup! No issues with the audio at all.

chubz said:

The glory kills are thankfully totally optional. I haven't even used them like 75% of the time. They're just meant to give you a small amount of health, and they can also be useful for killing enemies without wasting any ammunition. I'm kind of surprised how well they fit into the gameplay overall, and they never feel forced on you, ever, which is especially great.

Good luck beating the game on NIGHTMARE without using GK. WOW! Nightmare difficulty is brutal. .how brutal you may ask? I'm having trouble beating the first Gore Nest! Good luck guys :D 2 Imps. .IMPS! can fuck you up really fast. The AI seems too aggressive. And Imps are more accurate with their fireballs. One fireball from the distance and it takes almost half of your health with like 30 points of armor on top of it. One charged fireball and you are dead. It's FUCKING BRUTAL. I don't see me beating this game on NIGHTMARE any time soon. Now UV is too easy for me but NIGHTMARE is almost impossible. The game becomes fucking scary on NIGHTMARE :)

Enforcer said:

Good luck beating the game on NIGHTMARE without using GK. WOW! Nightmare difficulty is brutal. .how brutal you may ask? I'm having trouble beating the first Gore Nest! Good luck guys :D 2 Imps. .IMPS! can fuck you up really fast. The AI seems too aggressive. And Imps are more accurate with their fireballs. One fireball from the distance and it takes almost half of your health with like 30 points of armor on top of it. One charged fireball and you are dead. It's FUCKING BRUTAL. I don't see me beating this game on NIGHTMARE any time soon. Now UV is too easy for me but NIGHTMARE is almost impossible. The game becomes fucking scary on NIGHTMARE :)

I'm too much of a pussy to ever play it on Nightmare, LOL.

Maybe one of these days... MAYBE.

id.dav said:

I was asking do you really need to use chainsaw due to the very need in ammo replenishing?

Yes you do! Chainsaw for me has 2 functions. 1. To quickly dispose of a tough enemy. 2. Fuck! I'm out of ammo. Come here Imp! BZZZZZZZ!

chubz said:

I'm too much of a pussy to ever play it on Nightmare, LOL.

Maybe one of these days... MAYBE.

Heh, I always was too big of a pussy to beat the original games on Nightmare - never was a fan of speedrunning.

Do monsters respawn on Nightmare or is the AI and the damage they deal just super aggressive?

I just saw Spider Mastermind on youtube so i could see how she fight.... HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE HER ATTACKS IN ULTRA NIGHTMARE!?!?!? Also, i'll be getting Doom next month, saving more money for buying both Overwatch, Doom, and Wolfenstien The Old Blood!

The people's impression about the game in the Doom facebook page is very positive so far! :D

deadwolves said:

You've either never played CoD, or you didn't actually play the new DOOM.

victorboris1 said:

Guy literally doesn't know it's possible to double jump. It was painful to watch.

Well let's see how you will beat this area on your first try on UV. Jumping around like an idiot in this game isn't always a great strategy. Yeah I could do a lot better and I did later on in the game, but it was my first run.

dsm said:

Heh, I always was too big of a pussy to beat the original games on Nightmare - never was a fan of speedrunning.

Do monsters respawn on Nightmare or is the AI and the damage they deal just super aggressive?

LOOOOOOL!!! :D It's already FUCKING hard as it is. If enemies would respawn after you killed them it would be simply impossible to beat. More aggressive, more accurate, deal a lot more damage. I find myself running away from the battle like a bitch and I'm trying to kill one enemie at a time. Push forward combat is impossible on NIGHTMARE. At least for me, at least for now. And it's only like the second level. Maybe with upgraded health and armor it will become more easy. .But no. .Imps are fucking me up right now. Hell Knight will probably kill me in one hit with like 100 hp and 50 armor! FUCK ME! Man UV was such a breeze :D

I think it was "The Necropolis"...Tricks and Traps and Dead Simple in one level? YEAH!