Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Does unpacking the game really take that long?

Recommended Posts

So the game is unpacking and it shows that it's going to take at least another hour to unpack. Did it take as long for you guys?

Share this post


Link to post

Look son, I'm excited for the game too, but you should know the virtue of patience...

"Good things come to those who wait."

Share this post


Link to post

PC. I'm looking at the same progress bar...

And it's truly like the file-copy dialog from Windows Vista

8 Minutes to go
Hahaaha, got ya...na, it's 20 minutes to go
19 Minutes, honestly
NOW ONLY 12 MINUTES! COME AND GET EM!
Nah, just kidding, back to 22 minutes
...

and so on....

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

FUCKING HELL....I WANT TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME...


I won't play it for another month or two. How does that sound?

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

So the game is unpacking and it shows that it's going to take at least another hour to unpack. Did it take as long for you guys?

Romania right? You must have braved the VPN trick to even be talking about this six hours early.

Share this post


Link to post
DoomUK said:

Romania right? You must have braved the VPN trick to even be talking about this six hours early.

I'm in New Zealand, and the game has unlocked. 20 minutes to go on the download here.

Share this post


Link to post
tuo said:

PC. I'm looking at the same progress bar...

And it's truly like the file-copy dialog from Windows Vista

8 Minutes to go
Hahaaha, got ya...na, it's 20 minutes to go
19 Minutes, honestly
NOW ONLY 12 MINUTES! COME AND GET EM!
Nah, just kidding, back to 22 minutes
...

and so on....


Well, on the bright side...

At least you can emulate the loading times it took to install classic Doom back then.

Share this post


Link to post
tuo said:

PC. I'm looking at the same progress bar...

And it's truly like the file-copy dialog from Windows Vista

8 Minutes to go
Hahaaha, got ya...na, it's 20 minutes to go
19 Minutes, honestly
NOW ONLY 12 MINUTES! COME AND GET EM!
Nah, just kidding, back to 22 minutes
...

and so on....

Reminds me of trying to trying to download things on dial-up (and older windows os). Tried playing a mmo on that connection (was the older starwars mmo) took literally a week to download all the updates the game had received up to that point to be able to play it for a day (had more updates for it the next day).

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×