Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

DOOM easter eggs / references / injokes

Possibly a Doom 3 reference to the scene with the Pinky Demon eating the intestines of a Fatty in a washroom.

Since nobody else has posted it yet, there's a terminal in Lazarus that has a scrolling list of a bunch of QuakeCon volunteers of years' past:

mordecai32 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but here's Doomguy's face:

http://i.imgur.com/g0QQ7ak.jpg

Is it possible to remove the helmet somehow? By using that model exporter program?

Awesome face though!

Four pillars, scenic view to the right, staircase to tower with windows to the left. It's the first room of E1M1.

That seems really far-fetched to me.
But I haven't played the game yet, so maybe it does resemble e1m1 when you walk arround in that area.

Tetzlaff said:

That seems really far-fetched to me.
But I haven't played the game yet, so maybe it does resemble e1m1 when you walk arround in that area.

It really does. When you first open the door, you get a view of the four pillars with paths to the left, and north of the pillars. The path left takes you to a flight of stairs which leads to a big watchtower style room with windows all around, just like the armor room in the original.

In the second level, on a terminal where you unlock a door, there is a mention of "filling out TPS reports in triplicate".

SnapMap has some amusing references as well.
One prefab room is described as "a maze of twisty catwalks, all alike". A call back to Zork.

I need to get an imgur. Anyway. Not sure if this counts as an Easter egg, but its there.

In SnapMap the Quad Damage description states that its "4 times the damage, 20 times the fun." Which is true...

I'm going with it being a simple reference to my favorite pastime bullshit, LSD is king the international weed time and not somebody at Id being an edgelord about a nasty incident not at all related to Doom from way back. O_o

Johnatone said:

I need to get an imgur. Anyway. Not sure if this counts as an Easter egg, but its there.

In SnapMap the Quad Damage description states that its "4 times the damage, 20 times the fun." Which is true...

I'm going with it being a simple reference to my favorite pastime and not somebody at Id being an edgelord. O_o

idungiddit

Thought he mean it was a 420 reference, was about to ask how smoking weed is being an edgelord when its traditionally been more of a hippy thing. In the end it's probably just an arbitrary big number considering how a billion fucking things happened on that day.

I'm a complete idiot for not shooting the Icon of Sin skull in the forehead.

I really didn't think it'd actually do anything? Boy, I'm smart.

PureSlime said:

I'm a complete idiot for not shooting the Icon of Sin skull in the forehead.

I really didn't think it'd actually do anything? Boy, I'm smart.

Lol, me too, I saw the Icon of Sin and was like "Didn't I read online somewhere that something would happen if you shot a rocket into the brain?"

Then I though to myself: "Nah, that's too random, I won't even bother wasting rockets."

Turns out it was true and I was dumb.