Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gustavo6046

Ultra Frag, my month-long REB00T [v1.0]

Recommended Posts

I'd like to present a nice medium-sized DM/Duel map I did (with custom music, which took me THREE months to learn how to compose in a website, as well as composing itself with slowness and accuracy) to celebrate I'm back!

All with nice clear and grungy decoration!

Spoiler



The finest of Gustavo6046: ULTRA FRAG

EDIT: Update v5, better known as v1.0, brought a fucking huge ton shitload of improvements! Without much playtesting, just in most areas, but yeah it's nice everywhere we tested!

Share this post


Link to post

Yeeeaaah, he's back! I'll try your map later..

from shots looks cleaner than your usual texturing work, i don't know how this work on DM...

Also why DM maps are still here instead to be moved on multiplayer section...

Share this post


Link to post
walter confalonieri said:

I'll try your map later..


Yeah, good luck ;)

Also why DM maps are still here instead to be moved on multiplayer section...


Oh I did forget that!

Share this post


Link to post

I released a demo multiplayer map performance video (which, ironically, was recorded with low performance :P understand now?):


I am a bad Youtuber :<

Share this post


Link to post
CWolf said:

Aw shit aw shit AW SHITE!!!

WHY?!!!

You know no map gets good from one day to another. I need to keep working in it!

Share this post


Link to post

S'pretty cramped. It's always good to have lots of room to move and flow. So 64 wide hallways aren't so neato in multiplayer and places like the toilet where you get stuck are kinda bad too since you'll get caught and die perhaps frustratingly :/

I remember you though and I think this is a nice improvement. With your next map try excluding detail and when you do put floor detail make sure they don't hamper movement so much. Those floor panels in the start as stairs was nice though since they functioned that way. Oh and add more room to everything to dodge things because getting SSG'd in a cramped hallway with not much else to go is also not very neato :u

No one else seemed to provide straight feedback so I guess I have to :u

I'm kinda weird though so I think all this combined with the music has charm as in playing it made me feel kinda funny and stuff... >~<

Share this post


Link to post
SuperCupcakeTactics said:

S'pretty cramped. It's always good to have lots of room to move and flow. So 64 wide hallways aren't so neato in multiplayer and places like the toilet where you get stuck are kinda bad too since you'll get caught and die perhaps frustratingly :/


I will surely redesign this map for May 16th, my birthday, in Ultra Frag v1.0! Replacement of the toilet in the corner, widening of hallways, and such nice stuff.

I remember you though and I think this is a nice improvement. With your next map try excluding detail and when you do put floor detail make sure they don't hamper movement so much. Those floor panels in the start as stairs was nice though since they functioned that way.


Ok, maybe I shouldn't abuse of detail despite people saying MOAR DETAILS :P

No one else seemed to provide straight feedback so I guess I have to :u


Thank you! It does really help. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

Ok, maybe I shouldn't abuse of detail despite people saying MOAR DETAILS :P

Nobody said that, making maps less bland isn't the same as adding detail, you can make your maps less bland if you don't just make simple hallways and rooms, if you add interactional heights, windows, etc.
So that there will be surprise elements such as frags through windows, frags from high or low locations so that the combat won't just be "shoot the guy in front of you" and won't become predictable, so you'll always have fun fragging in the map in countless ways.

Share this post


Link to post
joe-ilya said:

You can make your maps less bland if you don't just make simple hallways and rooms, if you add interactional heights, windows, etc.
So that there will be surprise elements such as frags through windows, frags from high or low locations so that the combat won't just be "shoot the guy in front of you" and won't become predictable, so you'll always have fun fragging in the map in countless ways.

I will try that for the v6 or v1.1.

As well as some other problems I'll also fix like these uncentered bottles o'water (y'know, health bonuses :/) in one of the widened staircases.

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

You know no map gets good from one day to another. I need to keep working in it!


You need to get out.

Leave. Comaback when you'll 21.

Share this post


Link to post
CWolf said:

You need to get out.

Leave. Comaback when you'll 21.


C'mon, you are just peppering out my thread. Go away with your hiccups.

Sometimes I don't understand people. Like I think people often doesn't understand me.

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

C'mon, you are just peppering out my thread. Go away with hiccups.


No u.
And why the Internet should understand you and your childish mind, uh? You just a dust in general. Then, leave until your 21. This place isn't for unteachable kids like you.

Share this post


Link to post
CWolf said:

No u.
And why the Internet should understand you and your childish mind, uh? You just a dust in general. Then, leave until your 21. This place isn't for unteachable kids like you.


Unteachable? Do you even know what that means? Do you even know what I am???

You're now barred from my thread!

Spoiler

(Hey Ling, what do I do with this guy? How do I prevent him from coming back)

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

Unteachable? Do you even know what that means? Do you even know what I am???

Huh, sure I know. And I'm right there, you are an unteachable child.

Gustavo6046 said:

You're now barred from my thread!


Lol. You don't the boss there, kid-o.

===

BY THE WAY: My fans wanna know what happened with super frag. So boy, what happend with? Did you ate it or what?

Share this post


Link to post

CWolf, damn you! This thread is mine, and you can't take over it!

CWolf said:

BY THE WAY: My fans wanna know what happened with super frag. So boy, what happend with? Did you ate it or what?


Do you mean Ultra Frag? v6 is soon to be released. Now gtfo! Because I have more than a BFG.

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

Ok, maybe I shouldn't abuse of detail despite people saying MOAR DETAILS :P

Do you understand what architecture is? I'm asking this because English isn't your first language, so I'm not sure. Detail can also be done with unique room shapes and interesting ways of connecting areas together. The more connected your architecture is, the more naturally detailed your map will look.

Also, as a basic rule, detail should never get in the player's way in deathmatch. Movement is the most important thing, so you need to test your map to make sure even something as basic as movement is fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

CWolf, damn you! This thread is mine, and you can't take over it!


I already did. And you owned, now you just a dust in bottle.

Gustavo6046 said:

Do you mean Ultra Frag? v6 is soon to be released. Now gtfo! Because I have more than a BFG.


SUPER FRAG you little moron. ENGLISH MOFO DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT?!

Share this post


Link to post
CWolf said:

SUPER FRAG you little moron. ENGLISH MOFO DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT?!


No, I don't know what is Super Frag...

Linguica help me!

Share this post


Link to post

Gustavo... I feel bad for you, so I'll step in here and say to CWolf: troll a better target. Gustavo is too easy a target for trolling and he's like 12, so why don't you mess with someone who will mess with you back instead of picking out the easiest target in the world. And that's coming from someone getting a vicarious pleasure out of these threads, too.

Gustavo: you need to learn to deal with bullies/people who like to screw with others; get a thicker skin and act like a man. Hell, laugh at yourself with them; it'll end the conversation. Your reaction is what keeps people coming back to screw with you because your reaction is that of a child: gullible and ignorant. You're basically begging the principal for help here because you're getting bullied, but in doing so you waste their time and learn nothing. Literally nothing is learned when you pawn your problems off onto someone else.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×