Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

I'm getting it for PS4. Who's played it?

So my PC can't run it, but most of the reviews/initial reactions I'm seeing on here right now are from the PC versions. So for anyone who has it for PS4, what do you think?

I've played on PS4, for like six hours straight. Had some problems starting with ultra violence, no glory kill highlights and simple crosshair. Had to change to hurt me plenty, put highlights and default crosshair on, now feels much more comfortable for me. I've had an absolute blast so far, it's really smooth. Tried SnapMap E1M2 tribute level, the increased speed made the gameplay ridiculously fun! This is really fucking good game.

GoatLord said:

I've already asked this in a previous thread, but how is aiming? That's my main concern.

Aiming is relatively decent to be honest. Not really slow as I thought it was going to be. I haven't had any real trouble hitting what I've tried to kill in-game but that's just my experience. :)

I put the mouse smoothness to 100% and both sensitivities around 70-80. I get alot misses but I love running up close on imps and possessed and blast with shotgun then bigger enemies spray with plasma and also the HAR micro missiles ease the need for precision.

LANEGRACABRA said:

I put the mouse smoothness to 100% and both sensitivities around 70-80. I get alot misses but I love running up close on imps and possessed and blast with shotgun then bigger enemies spray with plasma and also the HAR micro missiles ease the need for precision.

So it has options for keyboard and mouse on consoles? (Quake 2 did with the PS1 mouse).

On the Xbox one (I doubt it's super different) aiming is super slick and comfortable imo, feels very nice on console.

GoatLord said:

I've already asked this in a previous thread, but how is aiming? That's my main concern.

You're not still hung up about those German dudes who were terrible at the game are you?

If you're THAT bad at aiming with a controller then you just need to get some practice in. Obviously a thumbstick will never compare to the speed and precision of a mouse, but it's not like any of us were adept at mouse aiming the first time we tried it. And if you're REALLY insistent that controllers suck, period, you can find mice for your PS4.