Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fever

Making new Weapons in WhackED4

How do i Create a new Weapon in WhackED4? I have all the sprites, So What?

Fever said:

How do i Create a new Weapon in WhackED4? I have all the sprites, So What?

This doesn't answer your question, but here's what I think.

Download Slade3.

...and follow this: http://gunlabs.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-make-your-first-basic.html tutorial.

I'm not familiar with WhackED4, but a lot of people recommend Slade3. I'm not really sure if Slade3 allows you to DOS stuff, so maybe I should just shut up.

By 'new' weapon, do you mean one that gets added without replacing an existing one?
If so, I am sorry, but that's not possible. Doom's internal weapon table only has entries for the existing weapons and no room to add more - even if you could extend the table you'd most likely run into problems with the code not expecting more than the 9 stock weapons.

If you want to replace an existing weapon AND your intended weapon behavior is simple enough to be achievable via DEHACKED, go to Weapons table to find out its Fire and Muzzle Flash states, then go to State table and redefine those states to whatever animation / behavior you wish, and rename your weapon's sprites to correspond to the replaced weapon's 4-letter sprite prefix (if you wanted true vanilla compatibility, replacing sprites would be a bit more complicated).

If you want to not just replace an existing weapon slot, but add one, or if your weapon's intended behavior is something unachievable via DEHACKED (which has rather limited possibilities), you can't use DEHACKED and therefore not WhackEd4 either. You could use DECORATE, though - just keep in mind that DECORATE is a ZDoom-specific feature, unlike DEHACKED's universal compatibility.