Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Heat Wave!

For the last two weeks, my city has been in a huge heat wave affecting most of southern Alberta. Temperatures have reached up to 40° C, and I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE IT ANYMORE!

The heat has forced two of my sisters to sleep in the cool of our basement family room. They both snore like rusty chainsaws, and they always manage to bring food downstairs, attracting ants (last week we found a peice of cotton candy covered with ants).

It's too hot to leave the house, so i've been cooped up for weeks now inside my basement, living off take out food and slurpees. The house reeks of human sweat and unwashed clothes due to the water restrictions. I haven't been able to get any sleep recently due to the constant whiring of fans.

The tape is peeling from my posters. I'm out of weed. The computer moniter is heating up my room, so no doom. Unidoom hates me. My life sucks.

There was just a thunderstorm here in Duluth, Georgia yesterday, but today it's all hot and sunny...

Heh, here in Waynesville, NC, it's been around 90 degrees every day this week. I just LOVE really really hot days :(

i dont mind heat, infact i would rather have a 95 degree day with no humidity than an 85 day with humidity. if i could live in the desert i would. then you dont notice it much unless it is really up there. also i live in an attic, so it gets really hot without the AC, i could not live here if i did not have the AC. however i keep one part of the room over 90, cause i own reptiles but like i said i got a whole attic so i never go to that part in the day

Dammit people stop stealing the good weather! So far we haven't had ONE decent day of sunshine, and some day's it's just rained really heavily all day. Usually we get a few good days, but this is ridiculous.

It's been getting in the 90's lately, I just turn the AC's on and enjoy the coolness. I also sleep in the day time so I sleep through most of the heat.

Aheh. 95 degrees being too hot to handle. You guys kill me. :)

Here in Utah, we've had an average high of 105 degrees F the last two or three weeks. We're also in the middle of the worst drought in a decade. What little rain we've gotten the last two days ain't nearly enough to save the local vegetation. If we did somehow get a lot of rain, the floods would destroy the soil and probably cause mudslides. The wildlife is starving from lack of fodder. If we get a heavy winter this year, it'll wipe out the critters. And we need a heavy winter to replenish the valley's water supplies, or we'll be even worse off next summer. To top it all off, the plants are so dry that the entire valley is one big tinderbox waiting for some dumb kid with fireworks to light the whole thing off. And it's Pioneer Day, which around here is a biger fireworks-oriented holiday than the Fourth.

Sephiroth said:

i dont mind heat, infact i would rather have a 95 degree day with no humidity than an 85 day with humidity. if i could live in the desert i would. then you dont notice it much unless it is really up there. also i live in an attic, so it gets really hot without the AC, i could not live here if i did not have the AC. however i keep one part of the room over 90, cause i own reptiles but like i said i got a whole attic so i never go to that part in the day

Nice grammer job, Seph.

if your monitor is overheating, then j00r fucked. afaik, they don't make monitor coolers.

boston has had some really hot days also.

Nice spelling job, Insom.

heh, grammar. Ling is like the ultimate spell checker.

The weather in New York has been psychotic. One day it's 90, the next it's 60. If only it would stay at a good 50 all year round.

Assmaster said:

The weather in New York has been psychotic. One day it's 90, the next it's 60. If only it would stay at a good 50 all year round.

50 is too cold, 70 is nice for the outside temp, I hate humidity as well.

As usual we have had greyish skies and temps in the 60s and 70s so far this summer. But we haven't had much rain, looks like zarcy got it all up in Scotland, heh.

God, this has got to be one of the hottest summers in years.

Linguica said:

Nice spelling job, Insom.

My speeling ruls

I love the heat and humidity. Toronto has short always summers, and so far this year it is sweet. :D Hell, if global warming actually would take place, this would be good. No more shuffling the fucking snow of my drive way.

RailGunner said:

{quote}[/b]Insomnia Said:
My speeling ruls

MAXIMUM RAILGUNNER

i fixed that already.

Too bad you didn't fix your spelling in the above quote.

Ah, I love Vancouver Island. It's the best place to live on this planet. A hot day here is 28 degrees C (82 F). A cold day is about 8 degrees C (46 F). That's pretty much as extreme as the weather gets. We may get a half dozen or so days of below freezing weather every year and the occasional dusting of snow. We probably get more rain days than in many places, but never get really dumped on. High winds around here are at most 30 - 40 km/hr.

/me gloats :)

Vancouver Island rules, though I'm probably going to move to Vancouver (the city) instead.

Damn, it's been years since I've been to Vancouver. I was thinking of going to school up there, but UBC doesn't have a worthwhile CS program.

Look at the poor Russians: 38 ºC in Siberia yesterday!