Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

Things You Thought Would've Been Cool to See

Gzegzolka said:

Olivia as human type boss that runs, try to hide and shoot player with same guns and from time to time call in some demons for help. She could even try to use health station and steal Your health and armor pickups. While most new doom boss fights are on one empty arena this one could be made in place with many levels and places for cover. Top of argent tower would fit it best.

Have you red her codex entries? She can't walk by her own, had to decide between wheelchair or operation. During that operation, an exoskeleton was fixed to her, that causes her excrutiating pain when standing or walking slowly, but she refuses to take pain-killers, as they might cloud her mind.

Seeing her run around would be off.

This also gives some perspective of what she hopes to gain from bargaining with hell.

A Daisy easter egg.

Just imagine a small rabbit plushy, with a prompt to have Doomguy pet it, hidden in some dark corner of the world.

Jaxxoon R said:

A Daisy easter egg.

Just imagine a small rabbit plushy, with a prompt to have Doomguy pet it, hidden in some dark corner of the world.

Or an actual rabbit that is just sitting there, and right before you can pet it, a demon steps on it.

LittleBurger said:

Or an actual rabbit that is just sitting there, and right before you can pet it, a demon steps on it.

Spoiler

Actually, it would have been great if Doomguy stuffed the Rabbit of Caerbannog into Spider Masterminds mouth!

Oh ya, all the weapons in a hellish form in snap map to visually show a power increase.

I dont think there was any nukage in single player, though I'm sure its in a multiplayer map(havent played yet but swear I saw it).

A better ending.

Spoiler

Seriously, I dunno If I should be pissed or craving more DOOM. Samuel just sends you back to Mars, he blabbers to you that Argent Energy Is Important and such, takes the Crucible and turns It Into a sword and walks away, and we don't even know where he fucking teleports Doomguy. So, he pretty much betrayed you, which I sadly was sarcastic about In the beginning and It ACTUALLY FUCKING HAPPENED. The game Is perfect, but damn, the ending made me sad, just as much as Wolfenstein: TNO's ending.

It would've been a little cooler If we got a after credits scene where Doomguy Is teleported to Earth or something and Earth Is Invaded by the Demons and such. But hey, I got to BFG The Spider Mastermind In the face and the credits were cool. I just don't dig the cliffhanger.

Jaxxoon R said:

A reload key unbound by default that when enabled killed the player when pressed to hammer in the fact that reloading for the sake of "muh immursion" would actively go against every other part of the game's design and is a bad idea.

But the super shotgun reloads!

Also, in all seriousness, given how freeflow-y weapon switching is in this game, it could actually support reloads given that you have tons of weapons to switch to, constantly refresh grenades, quick melees, and several weapons that probably wouldn't need to reload properly anyway ( namely, all the tier 2 weapons, given the the SSG reloads as part of its recovery animation ). Not to mention that if there were tier 4 armor upgrades, the dexterity one could speed up reload times, either at a similar ratio as the weapon switch one, or one that makes it near-instant so you basically just have this slight pause when the clip runs empty.

EternalWolf said:

I dont think there was any nukage in single player, though I'm sure its in a multiplayer map(havent played yet but swear I saw it).

I've ran into it in Titan's Realm, with a bunch of the zombies. It had a trap with mancubi, as well.

Odd that it's in Hell, but y'know. Might not be proper "nukage," but it's still greeny glow-y stuff that hurts you if you stand in it, so it's pretty clearly filling in the exact same niche.

Jaxxoon R said:

A reload key unbound by default that when enabled killed the player when pressed to hammer in the fact that reloading for the sake of "muh immursion" would actively go against every other part of the game's design and is a bad idea.

Why not ROTT it and just have Doom Guy take out the clip (Or whatever), look at it, then shove literally the same one back in? :P

HavoX said:

The Unmaker.

The Hellshot MP weapon bears a resemblance to the Unmaker, being a Hell powered red laser gun. But I agree, a proper Unmaker would've been great.

Spoiler

I was actually expecting VEGA to be an enslaved Spider Mastermind, that you would have to fight to deactivate him. Olivia turning into one seemed a bit arbitary by comparsion.

Similarily, when I saw the Dead Simple homage I was totally expecting Arachnotrons. Oh well, maybe they'll turn up for the expansion/sequel.

pro_zealot said:

Adjustable gibs time would be fine.

Seems to me that sort of thing, if taken to the limit (such as disappearing after several minutes or longer) would probably slow down even the fastest computers, especially in SnapMap, where you'll see the most dense clusters of enemies...

GoatLord said:

Seems to me that sort of thing, if taken to the limit (such as disappearing after several minutes or longer) would probably slow down even the fastest computers, especially in SnapMap, where you'll see the most dense clusters of enemies...

SnapMap only supports 12 enemies active/spawned at any given time. Single Player has more.

Or do you mean the total amount of enemies (wave after wave)?

-A more hellish hell. The hell levels are very fun but I want to see tortured souls and sacrifices, sort of like brutal doom

-More new beastiary. I absolutely love how they found a place for nearly all of the returning classic Doom2 monsters but I would have liked to see some more demon innovation in the standing army aside from hellrazors, cyber mancubi (reskinned mancubi with more health lol) and summoners (basically doom3 archviles)

-Glory kill system is just too frequent and makes the combat flow too KillZone-ish, which is a good game but it's not Doom. It looks stupid as hell to see like 5 staggering enemies and you just teleport to them and finish them all with the same animation. I don't want to stop and kill every single enemy for health. I know you can turn it off but I don't want to, I want a happy medium here.

-A bit more of an open-map/maze kind of level setup over the current transitioning from one combat arena to another. I understand this is sort of tough to do in modern games to the level of detail and scripting involved. It's still a much less linear than average game, that's for sure. Also some earlier maps are still very non-linear so I have to give em props, but later in the game it still just feels like I'm going from one big fight with imps/chaingunners to another. I feel like the levels could have been broken up into smaller ones.

-The combat is amazing, but I don't like how you basically get 2-shotted then you need to kill enemies for max health again. But I guess this is how modern games are. Not a huge deal, just a preference

They did a great job. Still an 8-9/10 game

HXCpr0n said:

-A more hellish hell. The hell levels are very fun but I want to see tortured souls and sacrifices, sort of like brutal doom

what

I'd love to have seen the "birthing" process of some of the demons. Like some unlucky dude becoming the revenant, the cyberdemon being constructed etc.

Spoiler

Also player's should have given better view of the Spider Mastermind getting her form. The lore states that she comes from the blood, bone, steel and sinew of the fallen. Player's are bit mistakenly led to believe Olivia is Spider Mastermind when she's just a sacrifice and "components" to the Mastermind's form.

I was also sure VEGA would turn to be something evil since it was supposedly of arcane origin.

LANEGRACABRA said:

I'd love to have seen the "birthing" process of some of the demons. Like some unlucky dude becoming the revenant, the cyberdemon being constructed etc.

Spoiler

Also player's should have given better view of the Spider Mastermind getting her form. The lore states that she comes from the blood, bone, steel and sinew of the fallen. Player's are bit mistakenly led to believe Olivia is Spider Mastermind when she's just a sacrifice and "components" to the Mastermind's form.

I was also sure VEGA would turn to be something evil since it was supposedly of arcane origin.

Spoiler

this would have been cool to use here

Added the spoiler stuff to your quote as well.

LANEGRACABRA said:

Sorry, edited my post. Hope I didn't do any damage!

No worries, I should've just beaten the game in its entirety before coming on here. It's my own fault more than anything. But yeah, it would be cool to see a quick video of the process even if it was just on a screen in game.

I would have liked more diverse mods for the "heavy" weapons (Gauss, Gatling) as the gauss rifles mods are just "charge for more damage" and the gatling's mods are both "more bullets in less time". If they had made the gauss more of a laser style weapon (something like a Spartan Laser) you could have a mod the creates a continuos beam or so.

Maybe more equipment items. The tesla rocket from MP would have been nice.

Almonds said:

what

Well yeah, hell is pretty hellish already. I was just hoping for more doodads I guess to really compliment the environment, more eerie and sadistic imagery and sounds. That obviously would be a small priority compared to level design and gameplay though, just something that would have been cool.

To me, hell was simply a bunch of torchlit arenas strung together, no wandering around and finding bloody surprises or weird topography

Guess you didn't hear the screams In Hell, I sure did. But there was literally a part of the game where Doomguy sees a holo tape (that's what I'll be calling It) of UAC Scientists sacrificing another scientist with Olivia Pierce watching them, and there's a chapel and everything.

I don't see how that ISN'T Hellish or Satanic.

Tritnew said:

Guess you didn't hear the screams In Hell, I sure did. But there was literally a part of the game where Doomguy sees a holo tape (that's what I'll be calling It) of UAC Scientists sacrificing another scientist with Olivia Pierce watching them, and there's a chapel and everything.

I don't see how that ISN'T Hellish or Satanic.

Maybe I haven't gotten that far :P I have doom at my friend's house because I don't have a pc that can run it or a PS4. So I just watched clips of the later levels because I love spoiling plots (I'm on the overrun argent facility) and all I saw were generic battle arenas

There must be some details I haven't seen, which is good news

Ah, didn't mean to spoil that much. But yeah, the game gets a little creepier once you go to the Lazarus Facility, or at least when you go to the chapel and deeper In Hell too. :V

Tritnew said:

Ah, didn't mean to spoil that much. But yeah, the game gets a little creepier once you go to the Lazarus Facility, or at least when you go to the chapel and deeper In Hell too. :V

It's definitely unlike me to so assertively judge a game before I've even finished it, but I'm too poor to buy a ps4 or a new pc right now (rent and car insurance to pay lol) and I can only go to my friends' on weekends. So all I have are some youtube vids that I peek at during work

Amph said:

more traps

chaingunner closets exploding open when you pick up a healthkit?
hazardous floor traps that make you walk on nukage?
getting cornered by barons in a narrow hallway?

HXCpr0n said:

Brutal Doom is a gameplay mod, it does not, on its own, feature new maps. Now, the Starter Pack that you can optionally download for the latest BD features hell maps, but in all honesty they're a bit boring and don't hold a candle to what I've seen from Doom '16.