Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

Things You Thought Would've Been Cool to See

Some Doom 64-esq environmental traps/"screwing with you" puzzles like the blue key in The Terraformer.

Jaxxoon R said:

Some Doom 64-esq environmental traps/"screwing with you" puzzles like the blue key in The Terraformer.

Well, that sort of happens when you get the yellow Skull Key In Titan's Realm.

It made me some kind of sad as

Spoiler

Olivia was just sucked into the ground

at the end of the game. I really wanted to curb stomp her face or something like that.
And Hayden should also get a "reward" ... maybe in a DLC etc.

By the way, does someone else have to think on Caroline Becker when seeing Olivia? I wont say that they are twins but somehting in their face is similar.

idstudio isn't part of the game.

Is Doomguy just going to open a door, see a floating Windows application and be like: "Wow! I found the idstudio!" And then turn towards the camera and wink while the Full House theme plays?

Jaxxoon R said:

idstudio isn't part of the game.

Is Doomguy just going to open a door, see a floating Windows application and be like: "Wow! I found the idstudio!" And then turn towards the camera and wink while the Full House theme plays?

Alright, that was hilarious. That was VERY hilarious.

Otus said:

Spoiler

at the end of the game. I really wanted to curb stomp her face or something like that.

By the way, does someone else have to think on Caroline Becker when seeing Olivia? I wont say that they are twins but somehting in their face is similar.

Didn't she transform into the SpiderMasterMind? So consider blowing her brains up with a BFG curb-stomp like worthy heheh.

A flamethrower complete with mods and a burning effect.

A quad shotgun (because why not?)

Some new enemies that are a bit more grotesque.

Some more new enemies that take influence from Classic Doom enemies, but are really realistically designed and are scary as fuck.

Some levels that aren't just arenas.... you know Classic Doom wasn't just arena fight! Move to next area! ARENA FIGHT! Move on to the fucking next area....

I mean look I <3 Doom 2016... but there are some things that would've been cool to see....

Like I don't know... maybe finding classic-style weapons and being able to fight classic-style enemies in remakes of classic levels? :D

I was initially disappointed about the barrenness of the hell levels. They looked more John Carter than DOOM to me. That said, the plot at least has a valid explanation for this, what with hell being literally a post-apocalyptic wasteland thanks to the Marine's genocidal rampage.

So I'm hoping the add-on will give us a full-powered hell with the whole gamut of fire and brimstone, defiled bodies, satanic imagery, and just every bloody cheesy metal cliché in the book.

I wish Titan's Realm had consisted mostly of rooms made solely out of flesh and bone to make it feel more like you were actually running around inside a giant demon corpse.
The version we got has far too many stone-walled rooms.

Jaxxoon R said:

I kind of wish more of Titan's Realm had taken place above the surface.

Indeed, stand in that level for 5 minutes and listen to all the demon echos/screams before you jump down the titan, sounds like they intended for some battles above as well from previous screenshots. I swear there is a noise from D64 hidden there as well..

I just want more horror. This is where Doom 3, for all its issues, succeeded, and of course the PSX and N64 versions can be quite horrific, even today. That needs to come back in the next Doom. Maybe some campaign content in DLC form might touch on that...

SEVERE LACK OF CRUSHERS, GAME NEEDED MORE CRUSHERS. More fun environmental hazards to kite demons into in general.

also more enemies that force the player to change things up a little bit. Like archvile fire forcing the player to break LOS, stuff like that.

GoatLord said:

Brutal Doom is a gameplay mod, it does not, on its own, feature new maps. Now, the Starter Pack that you can optionally download for the latest BD features hell maps, but in all honesty they're a bit boring and don't hold a candle to what I've seen from Doom '16.

I don't know. That starter pack was a bit closer to Inferno than Bethesda's fart dimension with floating shit to stand on.
Not that I'm oblivious to SGT Mark IV's shenanigans, but Bethesda's version of Hell is weaker than Doom 3's and mods interpretations of it.

RobotJoe said:

SEVERE LACK OF CRUSHERS, GAME NEEDED MORE CRUSHERS. More fun environmental hazards to kite demons into in general.

I don't disagree completely, but what with most of Doom'16 being those lame Quake-type instant-gib traps instead of being like Classic Doom crushers that slowly crush the life out of you (and the demons), I just don't think it'd be worth it as it would just make me miss the Classic Doom ones, cause me to quit playing Doom'16 and then go play the old ones.

I'm fine with Doom'16 not shoving its shortcomings in my face and remind me of gameplay features that were better in the original game.

hell could have used some scrolling face textures and weird techno-fleshscapes

This.

Allies, including live humans(Marines, security guards, etc.) and combat drones(ala Doom 3).

The Machine Gun from Doom 3(renamed Submachine Gun).

A handgun that fires bullets(like a Magnum).

Zombies(fuck the Possessed, they'll never replace the good ol' zambeyz).

Earth(like in early screenshots).

And my favorite part: the Fred aliens from the novels actually making an appearance.

I would have loved to seen the Arch-vile. Yes, I know the Summoner. As cool as it is, I still want to see the vile resurrecting baddies and setting you a blaze. Maybe in the sequel.

RobotJoe said:

hell could have used some scrolling face textures and weird techno-fleshscapes

For the first one, why not take advantage of the 3D platform and have faces of the damned stretching out of a wall?

Otus said:

Spoiler

Something told me that she was Bertruger's wife.