Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Is it all arenas?

That's all I've encountered so far. Are there more traditional exploratory maps, or is it all basically Painkiller-style but with more interesting layouts? I'm a couple hours into the game.

That part early on where you have to find and destroy 4 demon spawn thingies before moving on, doesn't that qualify as not an arena? It's a large complex explorable place where you get to pick which order you go to places in.

A lot of the enemy encounters are arenas, but the levels themselves are huge with tons of non-arena areas. Level 3 is a good example, wide open with tons of secrets.

the first 2 levels... pretty much. I figured they did this so you can learn the mantling/combat ropes fairly quickly. And as a vulgar display of power.

After that, there are still arenas, but then you'll run into a lot of fights and random encounters anywhere in any corridor.

I'd say about half of the game is arenas, the other half is exploration and random encounters. It's a very well-paced game and nothing ever gets old, imo.

DoomUK said:

I'd say about half of the game is arenas, the other half is exploration and random encounters. It's a very well-paced game and nothing ever gets old, imo.

That's what I was hoping, heh. I'm really enjoying it so far.