Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikeo007

You CAN have more than 2 weapons in SnapMap

I threw together a quick tutorial map to show how you can easily have more than 2 weapons in SnapMap. You can intercept whenever the player pushes the "change weapon" button and add different weapons to their inventory. Hook it up to a sequencer and you've got weapon swapping through all the different weapons. You can obviously make this more complex to only track the weapons a player has picked up, but this should show you the basics.

SnapMap tag: YUJA66BN

My copy hasn't arrived yet so I can't test this, but would it be able to still track ammo for each weapon or would it reset every time you switch?

This could be really useful, and if anyone bases their map off of yours just for the weapon sequencer... You automatically get the credit deserved. ;)

hardcore_gamer said:

It's worth pointing out that in snapmap all weapons share the same ammo types just like in multiplayer.

Slightly disappointing but I can live with it. If the loadouts do not save the ammo count each time you switch, then hopefully there is some way around it in the code.

THe two weapon limit is almost a dealbreaker, so far the only thing impressing me in snapmap is the scripting.

Thank you very much, I don't know much about scripting but learning all I can about snap map right now, I'm still awake. The more I learn the more potential I see. Can't wait for the bad ass updates. The more I look at everything the more I'm guessing at whats to come. There are some things I really hoper we see, like berzerk, some more models and different demon renders/ colors. I think I know how to make a pain elemental.

This is great! I downloaded it for future reference. The only issue I see with it is how you refill ammo on picking it up. This could possibly be fixed with some even more complicated sripting though, even if I dread the idea of setting that up.

ShadesMaster said:

Can't seem to find this map in search... YUJA66BN....

Weird...in fact, I can't find any maps by Map ID right now. Wonder if their search system is messed up.
Well I added the map id to the tags, so it will show up for sure now.