Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Cyberdemon In-Game Reports Wanted

I have been looking for information in the other threads about the cyberdemon in-game. So far, I haven't found any information about his size, behavior and Bullwinkle affliction. Can anybody who has played the game clarify whether the cyberdemon is ridiculous or not?

You wanted spoilers, you get spoilers

Spoiler

You fight the Cyberdemon twice.

He is the first boss fight, you need to fight him to get his argent accumulator...basically a device that harvests hell energy and injects it into the beeing wearing it (you yourself have a small one, that's why killing demons can give you health).

He is HUGE! He has many attack. Typical missile barages, allthough instead of three, he continues to fire (I don't know, maybe seven or eight?). Can be easily circle-strafed. Another attack is a beam weapon - the big hole in his gun-arm - which deals an incredible amount of damage, but is easy to avoid. Apart from that, he can fire large quantities of missiles from his back, which then shower the arena you fight him in, and you have to find a place where no missile hits you.

Apart from that, he can charge towards you, hit you VERY hard, and if you come too close, make a "ground pound" with a huge energy wave.

Once you kill him, you get the argent accumulator. This immidiately teleports you to hell. Sadly, it also teleports "him" to hell. There he is no longer reliant on the argent accumulator, as there is hell energy all around, and basically is revived immidiately...only more brutal this time. He has much more health, and new tricks up his sleeve.

Apart from all the attacks we know already, he can now ground-pound when you are further away, which creates two rock-walls - like a narrow corridor where only you and he is in - and the starts throwing energy scythes from his other arm at you, and you have to either jump over them, or duck under the next one. He also get's quicker, more aggressive, and it seemed to me he also had more meele attack variations when he stormed upon you.

You don't have to like the art direction regarding his looks (I also prefer the "old" look), but the boss fight is awesome, and had me at the edge of my seat for the whole fight (same with the other boss fights). I finished him with 10 hp left...another hit, and I would have been dead. And silly me spent all BFG blasts in phase one (but I guess there were BFG rounds lying around in phase two, but I was too surpised to look for them)

Don't shout at me for spoiling you!

Spoiler

There is only one Cyberdemon in the game, and it is IMO the best boss fight in the game. Many varied attacks and two stages: One on Mars and one in Hell

ArchvileHunter said:

Spoiler

There is only one Cyberdemon in the game, and it is IMO the best boss fight in the game. Many varied attacks and two stages: One on Mars and one in Hell

Warning: My opinion about other boss fights in the game

Spoiler

Hmm...the last boss was also very cool. There was only one move which I found extremely cheap (the one where you have to get on the pillars, and then at the right time off the pillars), but I loved how that fight progressed, especially with the visible damage state.

The second boss - to me - was the hardest, because I struggled to get the timing right to dodge a certain attack. After I managed that, and got to phase two, I was a little bit let down on how easy phase two was in regard to phase one